'Temporarily out of stock Online'

It depends.

Sometimes, things go from temp out of stock to no longer available, sometimes (more often) they go directly there, and I've even had the "add to cart" button not working on an item listed as "available for order" that I later learned was dumped. Sometimes, things that are listed as "no longer available" came back.

The Warshrine thingy even went to "no longer available", then went back to "temporarily" and went back to "no longer" when GW finally started communicating slashing all these kits. That was intentional obfuscation.

10 hours ago, Barbarian Borelord said:

In your experience, is it indeed temporarily, and if so: how long does it usually take before they're back available? - or does it practically mean you can kiss them goodbye?

Right now GW can't keep up with demand - in fact a lot of markets are having the same problems. Covid safe regulations mean that staff at the factory and warehouse can't operate in the same numbers nor even the same way they used too which really slows down production, packing and shipping. At the same time lots of gamers wound up stuck at home and thus went and bought models to build and paint - with many even coming back to the hobby with newfound free time in lockdowns. 

So suddenly GW got (and still has) both reduced production capacity AND increased demand. Add to that last year was a new edition year for 40K which GW couldn't move or cancel which further spiked sales in a big way. 

At the same time overseas deliveries are having their own issues as there's a global demand for products and global shortage of containers and space. This is compounded with the fact that a lot of airlines are not flying and thus a lot of air freight now has to move by land and sea. Couple that to local lockdowns, shutdowns and other madness and some of GW's shipments take weeks to months longer to arrive.

If that wasn't bad enough the UK went through Brexit which has further caused confusing and slowing of imports and exports. 

6 hours ago, Overread said:

Right now GW can't keep up with demand - in fact a lot of markets are having the same problems. Covid safe regulations mean that staff at the factory and warehouse can't operate in the same numbers nor even the same way they used too which really slows down production, packing and shipping. At the same time lots of gamers wound up stuck at home and thus went and bought models to build and paint - with many even coming back to the hobby with newfound free time in lockdowns. 

Yes, I heard that too. Still, nice to know that GW is doing good business.

5 hours ago, Doko said:

Im from spain and i bougth a box of sisters of the thorn at 20/11/2020 and i havent it yet.

Last time i called i was told my box is waiting at germany.

Almost 4 months waiting for one box 

Probably the UPS depot at Herne-Börnig, a package of mine was stuck there for over a month as well. I have been told that one of the reasons why it takes so long, apart from all the Covid regulations, is the German 'gründlichkeit' - thoroughness. They still want to do things properly rather than fast.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/14/2021 at 7:39 AM, Barbarian Borelord said:

In your experience, is it indeed temporarily, and if so: how long does it usually take before they're back available? - or does it practically mean you can kiss them goodbye?

Times of covid.  expect a fair delay unless there is a demand.

No to second question.  So many units have been temporarily out of stock since Roundtree took over due to better managing global stock levels.  If you see "last chance to buy" then you should pay attention.