Lots of Dark Aelves! Plz Help!

Coganaut

Happy holidays everyone!

I finally put some finishing touches on a army I was working on, but as I reached completion I realized that I had no real goal here. Other than painting cool minis I didn’t really plan for an army.  So looking to you fine wonderful folks for some help.  Here is what I currently have,

1x Dreadlord on black dragon

2x Black Arc Fleetmaster

40x Corsairs

20x Darkshards

10x Black Guard

2x Chariots

5x Dark Riders

1x Hydra

1x Kharydis

I was looking into Anvilgard recently but now, if I’m understanding correctly, they have been replaced by some other city? I was going to expand with some other races be it stormcast, duardin, or something different. Should I wait before expanding and see what else come from broken realms?  Just really hopeful I can make some kind of list out of all this. 

7 hours ago, Lord of the Isle said:

Stick with Anvilgard if you want to stay with these and more like them.

Try Misthavn to mix with more Darkling infantry.

Try Har Kuron to mix with Khainites!

Thanks! This is honestly way more helpful thank one might think. I wasn’t even aware of Misthaven to be completely honest. Still need broken realms. However I was very unsure on if I needed it... I guess my narrative side heard that anvilgard was destroyed so in my head it’s no longer useable... *shrug* 

4 hours ago, Aelfric said:

You could check out Cinderfall Gaming on YouTube.  He is a Cities player who makes use of Scourge Privateers and other old Dark Elf units.  Well worth a visit for ideas, I'd say.

I will definitely check it out! Thanks! Scourge Privateers were always my favorite. Pirate evil Aelfs just has a nice vibe to it. 

On 12/26/2020 at 12:38 PM, Lord of the Isle said:

Anvilgard’s loyal forces, including Corsairs, are fighting on in a jungle guerilla campaign against Morathi, an awesome Broken Realms short story revealed. You can definitely keep to Anvilgard rules.

personally I’m going Misthavn!!

Not gonna lie that little bit there has me really interested in staying Anvilgard! It’s a very, “we’re shady pirates, but still good guys”.

already have a full on “bad guy” army with my tzeentch. Sk keeping the good guy vibe would be nice. 

Thank you all for you help and encouragement. As always this forums and the  people on it are some of the best on the internet. ♥️

• LOVE IT! 1

2 hours ago, Coganaut said:

Not gonna lie that little bit there has me really interested in staying Anvilgard! It’s a very, “we’re shady pirates, but still good guys”.

Loyal fleetmaster explaining himself with basically 'we know Morathi lies and we're not waiting until she betrays *us* as well" in the short story was a great insight into Anvilgard rebels. It's like they're not in any way good, they just think leaving Sigmar for Morathi is downright dangerous. Plus, 'loyalist rebels in traitor faction' is always a fun theme.

• Like 1

Need to go full in on this idea. Going to grab the paintbrush and start adding some lovely Anvilgard colors to my Aelves. Currently they are just painting in a box art color scheme, which is just no fun. 

Wish I had a steady enough hand and enough artistic talent to draw the Anvilgard logo on a banner bearer. Either way pictures will be incoming soon! 

• LOVE IT! 1