The Painting Contract - August 2020

On 8/6/2020 at 11:18 PM, TheOtherJosh said:

@fleante yeah ... that text block isn’t working.

Sometimes just uploading the picture works better.

Editing is down at the bottom of the post next to the + character And the quote button on mobile.

Thanks for the tip! And apologies for clogging up the thread with that comically large wall of code.

C7F6EEF1-8BBD-4894-9F80-401AACA55E81.jpeg

• Like 6
  • LOVE IT! 2

On 7/30/2020 at 7:10 PM, Kramer said:

For me it’s squad of decimators, a lord relictorsome basing on 3 ogors and progress a bit on my stonehorn the point I can base and varnish it. 
Edit. Not making it in tale of X Warlords  with just this so I’m adding 3 more vanguard raptors. 

For the record, finished my relictor. Super fun to paint. 
D0298D85-6BB6-4FD3-8B6E-F5982FCA8A8E.jpeg.ec278548751fac7b34c4a4ea21281ad7.jpeg

and started the conversion work on the Decimators. 

• Like 5
  • LOVE IT! 2

So, I got these guys built, just this weeks magazine to go, but I only got that today. There is a little missing due to supply issues over the lock down. Basically I missed the terrain and the harridans. Still I'm happy with what I've got.

magazine.jpg

• Like 4

A bit late to this. After completely failing July's painting contract of painting a Skaven Bloodbowl team and the Ogre one. I'm scaling it back to just finishing the Skaven this month. That pledge to paint the Orgres as well is looking like the most outrageous of Kickstarter Stretch Goals, what was I thinking.

This is what I had done and still left to do with the Skaven. The grass based ones still have some transfers to go on.

I don't usually paint all the models in one go, I think getting to the point where all of them had a rough base coat down is maybe what killed it for me, I lose a lot of interest just putting down the same colours over and over again. I've been finishing the models in pairs to try keep it more interesting. 

20200806_104522.jpg

20200806_104620.jpg

• Like 4

On 8/8/2020 at 11:05 PM, Kramer said:

For the record, finished my relictor. Super fun to paint. 
D0298D85-6BB6-4FD3-8B6E-F5982FCA8A8E.jpeg.ec278548751fac7b34c4a4ea21281ad7.jpeg

and started the conversion work on the Decimators. 

Is that painted in a Night Lords scheme? I painted my Stormcasts from the first starter set as Night Lords a few years ago. I thought the models worked well for the scheme and the lightning bolts kind of went with them.

It looks great btw

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Rodiger said:

Is that painted in a Night Lords scheme? I painted my Stormcasts from the first starter set as Night Lords a few years ago. I thought the models worked well for the scheme and the lightning bolts kind of went with them.

Haha I have no idea what the night lords scheme is? I'm aiming for Sons of Mallus who are a sub chamber thingy from the anvilguard. Basically wanted to try painting black armour and got a good deal on the soul war set... now have 3K... things have escalated ;) 

6 hours ago, Rodiger said:

It looks great btw

Thank you! Personally I really like the purple edges. Didn't want to the full anvil scheme ;) 

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

7 hours ago, Kramer said:

Haha I have no idea what the night lords scheme is? I'm aiming for Sons of Mallus who are a sub chamber thingy from the anvilguard. Basically wanted to try painting black armour and got a good deal on the soul war set... now have 3K... things have escalate

A Night Lords painting scheme, as in the Chaos Space Marine Legion, dark blue, lightning, gold trim, and some times white bone face plates. 

Tbh I have no idea about Stormcast chambers, I'm not well versed on the fluff.

Yours just reminded me of the one I did. Here is a picture and a stormcast I did as Night Lords. 

20200812_130531.jpg

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, Rodiger said:

A Night Lords painting scheme, as in the Chaos Space Marine Legion, dark blue, lightning, gold trim, and some times white bone face plates. 

Tbh I have no idea about Stormcast chambers, I'm not well versed on the fluff.

Yours just reminded me of the one I did. Here is a picture and a stormcast I did as Night Lords. 

20200812_130531.jpg

that looks great! More blue than I wanted so i'm happy with going black, but the lightning really works! Super cool and in theme. 

Regarding the stormhosts, in levels of sulkiness: Anvilguard of Heldenhammer are the Emo's, and the Sons of Malus are the Goths. Both wear mostly black and they both feel they are vastly different which the outside world doesn't see ;) 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Jymmy said:

Found some dark elves abandoned by an old friend, so now I’m resisting the temptation to begin an Anvilgard army!
*Executioner is WIP

I’m also about to finish some hoppers and stabbas

ACFE68DB-2FC1-4B73-942F-430DAD6648E5.jpeg

8F6D2262-220C-4853-89DC-0A55821F2264.jpeg

736398C7-DE6B-41FF-BD2E-F7F1C69EC90A.jpeg

I love those executioner models. I just blast through them, and they are so much fun. I need to find about 20 more and I can do a executioner focussed army. 
Love your look as well. And that shield 😍

• Like 2

On 8/16/2020 at 9:59 PM, Artobans Ghost said:

Building is the part I hate. Yes hate. 
evocators built and based, shadow warriors same, started on the vanguard hunters. What’s depressing is that there are 9+ to go 😺

img_0786.jpg

I find I'm the opposite at the moment, I've got a real urge to build things, got two or three different ideas for projects involving kit bashing and converting knocking around in my head. I really have no desire to paint though, and I really don't like building stuff and not having it painted. I've got those Skaven to finish, as well as Orgre, Human and Ork Bloodbowl teams. At this rate it's going to take me until next year to finish them. 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, LuminethMage said:

Very nice, you are really churning them out! I use every free minute I have right now to paint my army, but it's a very slow process. Really great to see Lumineth armies getting ready to be on the table. And a nice, personal colour scheme! 

Thanks, LuminethMage! It's been quite an effort, but I'm really excited to get these guys on the table and painted as quickly as possible!

I'm not sure I've seen any of your lumineth yet, would be curious to see what scheme you're going for!

I agree, it's hard not to be inspired when there are so many creative interpretations on the lumineth being released into the wild!

• Like 1