Fleeing models versus slain models

azdimy

Question

Do fleeing models trigger abilities triggering from models being slained?

Core rules states that fleeing models "count as slain" 

Does it mean feeing models are just slain models from battleshock or is there a distinction?  Because I ve found at least 1 reference in an  faq  where gw separate fleeing models from slain models  it makes me believe that abilities triggering from slain models do not trigger from fleeing models but I ve found my opponents are split on this. The only two abilities where it seems to matter so far are the fec chalice endless spell and the splitting horrors grom the new pink horror warscroll

5 answers to this question

Core rules about battleshock states:

If the test is failed, for each point by which the modified roll exceeds the unit’s modified Bravery characteristic, one model in that unit must flee. You decide which of the models from your units flee – remove them from play and count them as having been slain.

I`m not a native English speaker, but as far as I can see - model is removed, then it is count as slain, isn`t it?

8 hours ago, azdimy said:

Do fleeing models trigger abilities triggering from models being slained?

Core rules states that fleeing models "count as slain" 

Does it mean feeing models are just slain models from battleshock or is there a distinction?  Because I ve found at least 1 reference in an  faq  where gw separate fleeing models from slain models  it makes me believe that abilities triggering from slain models do not trigger from fleeing models but I ve found my opponents are split on this. The only two abilities where it seems to matter so far are the fec chalice endless spell and the splitting horrors grom the new pink horror warscroll

You should quote the reference you are talking about. Could be of help during the ongoing discussion.

12 minutes ago, Isotop said:

You should quote the reference you are talking about. Could be of help during the ongoing discussion.

Here you go. It s not directly related to my question but if flee means basically slain from battleshock why separating them in this answer?

": Some abilities refer to units that have been ‘destroyed’. What 
does this mean exactly?
A: A unit is considered to be destroyed when the last 
model from the unit is slain or flees. When measuring 
the range to a destroyed unit, measure to the position 
occupied by the last model in the unit to be slain or flee."

• Thanks 1

Skaven has the "death frenzy" spell. It enables a slain model to pile in and attack before being removed. The wording specifically says "when a model is slain", so iI feel fairly confident it doesn't apply to fleeing from battleshock. So I guess wording for the specific ability matters?