Celestial Vindicators - Only the Bold!

Redmanphill

These are strictly speaking still WIP. I need to finish the should plates and the bases still. However as I have made no progress with this army since January I think I can probably say that it will be a while before I get around to finishing any of these.

I don't really like the metallic Stormcast Eternals so when it can to painting mine I went with a sky/weather inspired colour scheme. It is annoying as hell to paint. I seem to like punishing myself. I do like the outcome however. In the end when I saw the Stormcast Eternals book I noticed that the sceme is very close to the Celestial Vindicators. Not quite as primary perhaps and definitely lacking some contrast. I am awaiting more lore on the order but until that comes out I am happy calling them Celestial Vindicators.

Celestial Vindicators.jpg

blogger-image-1803139575.jpg

The bases need a few types of foliage. I have been scouring pet shops to a plastic aquarium plant, something I can cut up to represent ferns. Once I get that I will start the basing. I will put some tiny fungi, some moss and the ubiquitous fallen leaves on the bases too.

The shoulder pads were going to have customs designs freehanded on but after doing one I realised I hate freehand and since that moment I am frozen with indecision.

2 hours ago, StoneMonk said:

Great scheme. I think you should call them something new, referring to clouds maybe. I also dig your use of the new shattered dominion bases

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"Storm"cast. Lords of Nimbus.

@StoneMonk I made those bases myself and I could have saved a lot of effort if I had realised that GW were going to release a set like these. I shall continue making them now rather than swap over. It is all green stuff in the end.

@Rusty I had thought of a few names: the Eldritch Eternals was one and the other escapes me. Something like Witchfire Eternals.

• 1 year later...

I’m back working on my Celestial Vindicators. I’ve an ambitious plan to get three regiments finished this month, I’ll reward myself by buying something if I manage it. Only two years after I started this army am I finally making some progress. Malign Portentsis to blame, it’s seen a renewed interest here in Hamburg amongst the few English speaking players we have. First up here is a WIP of my Vanguard Raptors.

7C75558E-2E6A-4E61-87C5-C7CD0369C876.jpeg

While I still have the bases to do, here are another pair of Liberators finished. I rushed them a little but the objective at this point is to get an army on the field of battle as soon as possible. I’ll be doing a batch of bases soon and I’ll include two for these then.

7830FCBD-DC76-4194-9DAE-52765167F9D7.jpeg

Archived