Units with mixed weapons?

Lohkee

Question

17 answers to this question

20 hours ago, Aaron Schmidt said:

Brutes are another with different weapons in the unit. Essentially they have a special weapon for one guy in the unit. Its not as customizable as the 'Ardboyz, but not everyone has the same stuff. Just roll it separately or use different colored dice. 

Good idea.

On 23/8/2016 at 7:55 AM, BaldoBeardo said:

What Metzombie said.

It's not that models get to pick what they want, it's that models can be armed differently.

It's the same wording as other units that have weapon options, except in this case applied to individual models in the unit.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

So, if I built all the models with the very same type of weapon? Or am I forced to have a varied kind of them? 

When rolling to hit and wound,  this must be very slow paced, being neccesary to separate each type of weapon...

6 hours ago, BaldoBeardo said:

What Metzombie said.

It's not that models get to pick what they want, it's that models can be armed differently.

It's the same wording as other units that have weapon options, except in this case applied to individual models in the unit.

Yup - unit composition is done when you plan the army so in the same way as you couldn't change how many models are in a unit you can't change how they're armed.

No you look how the modells are built.

What Metzombie said.

On 18/8/2016 at 0:42 PM, BaldoBeardo said:

Yup!2723bfe72133390e3f9835b733f587e7.jpg

So then, that means that I can choose wich weapon to use in each combat phase?? Or that I can choose in the same combat phase to attack with, say, 3 orruks with choppas, other 3 with big choppas, and so on?

58 minutes ago, BaldoBeardo said:

What can be taken is explained on the warscroll, although it's a persistent issue that it reads more like fluff than rules so people tend to miss it.

In the case of clanrats specifically, "Some *units* carry..."

So they can't mix and match.

Only exception I'm aware of currently is 'ardboyz/Black Orruks who get what they're carrying.

What? Can they mix their weapons in the same unit? ??

What can be taken is explained on the warscroll, although it's a persistent issue that it reads more like fluff than rules so people tend to miss it.

In the case of clanrats specifically, "Some *units* carry..."

So they can't mix and match.

Only exception I'm aware of currently is 'ardboyz/Black Orruks who get what they're carrying.

Archived