Everchosen: impossible to build a list?

Louzi

Hi,

I really, really want to get my beautiful Archaon and 6 Varanguard on the table, but struggling so hard to get them playable...

After brainstorming so much, I guess the only possible way to make a 2000 points list is to stick with Khorne, because you have acess to cheap battleline units and a lot of buffs for those powerful models.

My current list:

Archaon 700

6x Varanguard 720

3x 10 Bloodreavers (battleline) 180

5 Wrathmongers 180

Aspiring Deathbringer 80

Bloodsecrator 120

= 1980 points

Any suggestions? The only models I own are Archaon and the 6 Varanguard. That means I have to buy the rest of the army and I am open for other suggestions. I dont have any favourite chaos god nor preferences. I know that I wont be able to win a tournament with the everchosen list, but I wont to play tournaments. So the list should be as much competetive as possible.

I would maybe drop the wrathmongers and look to take either a Slanesh lord on Demonic mount or the Khorne lord on Jugger. The Slanesh Lord lets you pile in twice with Archaon, the Khorne Lord gives Archaon +1 to wound on the charge so your more likely to proc Slayer of Kings.

Other decent options are the Chaos Sorcerer Lord as rerolling everything on Archaon is pretty handy.

Well, no list is going to shine in every aspect of a game.

If you like everchosen, just run a mono list and rely on its power to crush your enemies, i guess?

Archaon

Gaunt Summoner of Tzeentch

Varanguard  x 2

Varanguard  x 2

Varanguard  x 2

Will get you 1900 pts, 70 wounds, of real power.

And still 100 pts for battalion or triumphs?

Yeah, you gonna lack heroes for archie command, but it affects varanguards as well.

I have been doing this for weeks now! Its very frustrating how high points cost the Varanguard are!

Have you looked at daemons to fill the core, and going god specific after that?

Khorne - allows killy bloodletters for battleline / bloodreavers as above, then heralds for the bloodletters if wanted.

Nurlge - plague bearers for battleline (solid objective grabbers), lots of cool nurgle heroes for buffs, nurgle sorcerer for buffing archaon save wise, nurgle on Varanguard with nurgle lord on daemonic mount.

Slaanesh - Daemonetters for battleline (speed and lots of attacks), cool daemon battalion that fits in 2000, slaanesh lord on mount for as mentioned pile in twice on archaon or Varanguard, very fast units in chariots and seekers.

Tzeentch - Horrors for battleline (offer shooting and more magic support), magic heroes for buffs and damage output, flamers for horrible shooting power, flamer chariots for speed, shooting power, decent damage vs monsters.

This feels like the strongest I can think of you a want to mix but keep Archaon and 6 Varanguard.

Archaon

Lord Of Khorne On Juggernaut

Lord Of Slaanesh On Daemonic Mount

6 x Varanguard

5 x Blood Warriors

5 x Blood Warriors

5 x Blood Warriors

That's 2000pt exactly.

Or go for 3 x 10 Blood Reavers and Bloodsecrator.

Thanks for your help guys!

As for the buffs:

I think you are right and a

might be a must have

As I understand it, I have another 140 points to choose for

Mighty Lord of Khorne or

Lord Of Khorne On Juggernaut or

Chaos Sorcerer Lord

I really like the Sorcerer Lord. But the others very good, too...

Leaves 300 points for battline and I dont like all of them (with exception of the Chaos Warriors, but they cost 180...).

The idea of 9 Varanguard is not an option, because I dont feel like I could paint another 3 of those guys :)

I guess the battline in this army is just to hold an objectiv? Which is a good battline option for that purpose? Plaguebearers of Nurgle? I think it really doesnt matter which god I choose for battline, because there are no synergies in this list...

2 hours ago, Louzi said:

As I understand it, I have another 140 points to choose for

Mighty Lord of Khorne or

Lord Of Khorne On Juggernaut or

Chaos Sorcerer Lord

Not having played Archaon to me the Juggerlord seems a step ahead of the others, maybe even at par with the Slaaneshi lord, just because he makes the Slayer of Kings so much more deadly and he can maybe keep up with Archaon.

And if you take him you might as well put some bloodbound battle line units in to also benefit from his buff.

23 hours ago, Andreas said:

This feels like the strongest I can think of you a want to mix but keep Archaon and 6 Varanguard.

Archaon

Lord Of Khorne On Juggernaut

6 x Varanguard

5 x Blood Warriors

5 x Blood Warriors

5 x Blood Warriors

That's 2000pt exactly.

Or go for 3 x 10 Blood Reavers and Bloodsecrator.

I quite like this list, look solid paper.

The option of changing to more bodies with the blood reavers also looks really nice.
With Archaon, characters and Varanguard will do the hard work.

7 minutes ago, ChippyRick said:

I quite like this list, look solid paper.

The option of changing to more bodies with the blood reavers also looks really nice.
With Archaon, characters and Varanguard will do the hard work.

I wrote a similar list for the LoZ the other night. I feel like the "more bodies" look good on paper, so long as you can prevent your little no-save blood reavers getting mauled.

On 8/18/2016 at 0:31 AM, Carnelian said:

Archaon is all about stacking command abilities so you want lots of heroes with nasty command abilities

This. I run Archaon and 6 Varanguard as well! This is my list.

Archaon: 700

Varanguard: 720

Bloodreaversx3: 180

Bloodsecrator: 120

Aspiring Deathbringerx3: 240

I believe this takes the greatest advantage of Archaon's command ability. I usually dovetail one of the Varanguard behind the others to get in range of the Deathbringers command abilities. While the Varanguard are much faster so far I seem to be able to get the unit within range of the Deathbringers by running them and dovetailing like i mentioned. I run the Bloodreavers with the rend-1 axe, and each will have 6 attacks. The varanguard all have fellspears, and do stupid damage with 6 attacks each 2+/3+ rend -2 damage 2(x2 for double pile in), averaging 5.55 wounds on a 4+ save model (11 if double pile in) for a max total double pile in of 66 damage delivered from the Varanguards first charge, this is obviously worse against 3+ and 2+ saves. 

The bloodreavers have a total of 180 rend-1 attacks, although they are hard to get into combat, and sometimes have to hold objectives. 

Archived