Demon Prince of Khorne + Ghyrstike/Amberglaive

Blisterfeet

Question

Quick question if you give the artefact Ghyrstrike from Ghyran or Amberglaive from Ghur to a demon prince of Khorne which gets +1 to hit, does that make his hit rating stay at 2+ or does it become auto hit (1+)?

I am just not seeing any stipulation in RAW with the artefacts but I'm looking on a wiki not the official book.

8 answers to this question

@Zamik is correct. There is still a benefit to taking this weapon though,  such as if you fight something that gives -1 to hit, then you would still be hitting on 2+, the artifacts would also make for easier activations  for abilities that trigger on a 6+ (though those are becoming rarer).

• Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, Realmhead said:

@Zamik is correct. There is still a benefit to taking this weapon though,  such as if you fight something that gives -1 to hit, then you would still be hitting on 2+, the artifacts would also make for easier activations  for abilities that trigger on a 6+ (though those are becoming rarer).

Yeah I am debating the realm artefacts and I am trying to pick between them. Thanks for the info though.

And you could give the Prince Daemonic Power from a Sorcerer Lord to be rerolling those hits of 1 too. 

Related, can the DP of Khorne get the Khorne keyword too?   Or is he just said to be dedicated to Khorne for only his warscroll rules?  Seems so lame if he couldn't get the keyword and be in a Blades of Khorne army.

6 hours ago, Lord Krungharr said:

And you could give the Prince Daemonic Power from a Sorcerer Lord to be rerolling those hits of 1 too. 

Related, can the DP of Khorne get the Khorne keyword too?   Or is he just said to be dedicated to Khorne for only his warscroll rules?  Seems so lame if he couldn't get the keyword and be in a Blades of Khorne army.

Yes, he get's the Keyword. If you look at the PDF from GW or the Grand Alliance Book you see that he has 5 lines of Keywords, where the Prince of Khorne, Nurgle and Slaanesh get their god keyword and Tzeetch also has the Wizard Keyword. If you looked at the app it shows basicly only the vanilla version of the Keywordlist and doesn't highlight the Keywords inside of the rules.

18 hours ago, Lord Krungharr said:

Which was published most recently?  I vote the GW pdf!   The grand alliance one must be really old. 

The GW PDF sould be the same as the Grand Alliance Book.  He was first introduced in the Realmgate Wars - Banance of Power with the other Slaves to Darkness Models and reprinted in the Grand Alliance Book. Their was basicly no later release after he is part of the Slaves of Darkness.

Edited by EMMachine