Hello, I am new to this forum and was just wondering what I could do with my Reiksguard horseback knights in AoS. I have about 20 of them and am a very much dedicated Free Peoples player, but I am struggling to find a use or 'count-as' ruleset for them. Any advice since Cities Of Sigmar is just around the corner?

To make things easier, this is what I currently own in CoS:

General on Griffin

General on foot

40 Freeguild guard

20 Handgunners

30 xbows

Helstorm rocket battery

10 Greatswords

3 Demis

Luminark of Hysh

Battlemage

Bunch of SCE (although I don't prefer mixing them too much)

So.. How could I incorporate the knights here?

• Like 1

I myself am using 20 of them as Dark Riders. That's save 4+ cav with a lance and fear aura. They'll also get some ranged weapon (they have a lot of bad shots), but since the DR crossbows are mostly holstered, I'll get away with doing that as well.

They don't really need all the support, but the spray spell from Anvilgard will be murder with 60 shots and 20 lances.

Between the handgunners and the crossbows, you'll have a lot of spare ranged weapons. Just slap a crossbow on the back of the horse, and you're golden.

Edited by zilberfrid
  • LOVE IT! 1

1 hour ago, Zanzou said:

Sounds like a thread for @Double Misfire

Haha, thanks dude.

Welcome to TGA @Trimeric :D 

I've written an entire article on how to use discontinued Warhammer models in Cities of Sigmar, with a couple of suggestions for Empire Knight/Reiksguard, the first being sharing a base with a Gryph-hound to run as Demigryph Knights, and the second mercenary Blood Knights. If you're interested check it out here:

https://doublemisfire.blogspot.com/2019/09/no-substitute-discontinued-units-in.html

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1