Fluff Questions

Fairbanks

I figure there’s no better place for Warcry fluff questions than here, and I’ve got two:

What warband is influenced by Nurgle? I want to say Splintered Fangs or Corvus Cabal. Seems clear that Iron Golems are Khorne, Unmade are Slaanesh, Cypher Lords are Tzeentch, and Untamed Beasts are, well, Beast of Chaos-related.

Is there going to be a warband for the Horned Rat? Or is fighting to be by Archaon’s side something that isn’t in the nature of the Skaven?

If I recall correctly Archaon refuses to acknowledge the GHR as a god of chaos so I doubt they’ll get a faction. The Everchosen can take vermintide as an ally but it doesn’t work the other way around, further evidence (in my mind) that he doesn’t see them was worthy of joining his forces. Those who are more familiar with the fluff and lore please feel free to correct me if necessary. 

14 minutes ago, Lior'Lec said:

If I recall correctly Archaon refuses to acknowledge the GHR as a god of chaos so I doubt they’ll get a faction. The Everchosen can take vermintide as an ally but it doesn’t work the other way around, further evidence (in my mind) that he doesn’t see them was worthy of joining his forces. Those who are more familiar with the fluff and lore please feel free to correct me if necessary. 

Never underestimate the skaven,

Yes-yes.

We may not be seen as a true chaos faction in some Eyes, but the truth is we don't really care anyways.

We-we do what we want.

we slay-kill who stands in our way.

We watch-wait till the timte has come, for Us-us to rise-scurry to victory.

Chosens by the gods, man-things say,

great at destroy-killing stuff they-they say-squeak, Cunning like-like no other, stupid manthing squeal-squeak.

Fool-thing they all are-are.

Soon soon the rats will scurry-scurry to-to war, showing the Ever-things what true- True power means-means!!

Yes-yes fear-fear the danger from beneath.

28 minutes ago, Fairbanks said:

What warband is influenced by Nurgle? I want to say Splintered Fangs or Corvus Cabal. Seems clear that Iron Golems are Khorne, Unmade are Slaanesh, Cypher Lords are Tzeentch, and Untamed Beasts are, well, Beast of Chaos-related.

The warbands aren’t specified to be aligned with any one god in particular. They all worship Chaos in different ways. If anything, the mortal realm they come from is the deciding factor in their aesthetics and culture. 

• Like 1

The Warbands have no chaos god and worship their own gods who are basically fronts of any one of a number of potential chaos gods; this means different warbands from different regions could well worship the same named god of their own, whilst behind the scenes its two different Greater Demons pulling the strings - who might even be from different Chaos Gods. 

Of course each warband has clearly got gods that would favour them and those that might shun them. Cypher Lords clearly lean closer toward Tzeentch than, say, Khorne; whilst the Untamed Beasts would likely be quite the opposite. That doesn't mean its impossible to find Cypher lords with Khorne Bloodthirsters pretending to be their god of course; just that it might be a rarer thing. 

• Like 1

To me, it seems like a lot of the warbands merge design motifs from multiple gods. For instance, Iron Golems use both Khorne design (red and brass) as well as Nurgle (closed helms with holes like Blightkings). Corvus Cabal have both Khorne (blood and severed body parts) as well as Tzeentch (birds). 

From a lore perspective they each worship unaligned Chaos through their own understanding, like the Norsca in the Old World.

• Like 3

Im fairly new to AoS so im very vaguely informed of the lore but in the old world, humans would do certain acts to try and earn a gods favor which then was rewarded by (usually) some form of mutation or being imbued with power from that particular god.

Warcry seems to be just tribes of people who havent yet earned favor from a particular god which is why we dont have the "this is a khorne tribe, this is a nurgle tribe etc." Its just all a vague representation of chaos which i like personally, as from what ive gathered, the setting is about Archaon calling them to the allpoints to earn HIS favor. Which leads me to believe they will just end up being chaos undivided (if thats a thing in AoS) or even better, his chosen.

• Like 1