Warcry- The Unmade discussion

RaiderX

1 hour ago, The Traitor said:

@Kilofix @Keith I guess you both mean 8 Awakened Ones, not 6? Also, flail always over polearm, right? 

@Sleboda it's not an ability to rely on, but it can definitely be extremely useful and if you use it most turns once or twice like me it'll inevitably end up helping. 

Yeah I meant 8 :)

11 guys in my warband , I have 6 with “brutal” pole arms and 2 flails.

37 minutes ago, The Traitor said:

@Kilofix @Keith And why is it you find the pole arm better than the flail? Or is it purely because of what comes in the box? Because when I compared the both I saw the flails clearly better, besides looking way cooler.

Yeah Only because of the models.

I might convert some to flails.

Edited by Keith

4 minutes ago, Sleboda said:

Has about else had their flail tip break off in a stiff breeze? Mine has, and the reglue lasted about 10 minutes into a game. Sadly, I think mine will be less of a flail and more of a long chain.

Honestly as GW has shifted more toward digital sculpting one loss is that many new designs are super creative, but super impractical! Of course its not totally new - the seeker chariot is old and its got freaking annoying whips! But whips and chains are often a right royal pain - chains even more because of all the parts to clean mould lines off! 

I'm a bit sad that the ascended turned out to be such a poor pick in the warband. They are the models that made me want to buy the band in the first place.
We could see them doing points changes whenever the next update is going out, but I strongly doubt it. But I feel like they might need to drop 5 or 10 points to justify their place in lists. With their current costs it's hard to fit them in a way to make good use of them too.

I'm still going to be running two of them just because I love 'em.

@The Traitor Those Hearthguard bitz look like they're going to be great. I especially love the guy who has it on his amputated hand.

On 8/24/2019 at 5:52 PM, Madds said:

@The Traitor Yeah, I'm going to need to see a close up of those. Especially your Leader. They look rad as heck.

810222897_inCollage_20190825_2253067852.jpg.ad0c19653d82ee9ecf08b7b6b911b10e.jpg

1070619.jpg.ccd4ace322ff90016497724a0895c73b.jpg

Took close-ups of the six converted flails and the leader, didn't convert the awakened ones too much as they already are amazing models.

@Grontik you can always use more than one chain bit in each model by simply gluing one after another so that they look more lengthy.

@Sleboda I literally transport the band in a tupper with bubble wrap and it hasn't broken yet, lol.

@GDD the good part is they're very easy to convert into awakened ones. And thanks for the compliment!

@Kilofix compare it to the Iron Golems drillmaster who has the same cost:

WCFF-IronGolems-Jul16-Drillmaster01wl.jpg.9215960d5b1d78229b9326dc25874169.jpg

Ascended Ones should be in the 90 to 100 points range, and Joyful Ones in the 120 to 130 one, I still have to experiment how a list without any of them would fare, though I suspect having a couple T4 and plain damage 2 models is probably better.

• Like 1

On 8/25/2019 at 5:44 AM, GDD said:

I'm a bit sad that the ascended turned out to be such a poor pick in the warband. They are the models that made me want to buy the band in the first place.
We could see them doing points changes whenever the next update is going out, but I strongly doubt it. But I feel like they might need to drop 5 or 10 points to justify their place in lists. With their current costs it's hard to fit them in a way to make good use of them too.

They cost alot because of their T4 and roll5-6 ability, which rule writer probably consider "amazing".

Same thing for the Shield Venomblood, similar ability, but worse, and lo and behold, his point cost is through the roof, because he is also T5.

Wouldn't say they are amazing, but I'd take at least 1 because it's the cheapest option for a decent fighter.

And hey, they wear sandals, and had a female fighter on top.

Edited by RaiderX

@Kilofix might be right, but I've found I don't like that many 125 points fighters from a y band, lol.

@Madds thanks a lot! They're from the Hearthguard Berzerkers kit.

@exliontamer thanks! Yeah, I follow him too, hadn't realized but it does remind me of his style.

@Obeisance I think the best way to distribute is as equal as possible, since there are many missions where dagger or shield come later. I also started putting the Blissful in the dagger, but I realized shield is better since in that way you get to see where your opponent has deployed his dagger before deploying her, so you can react to that. So right now I'm putting a Joyful and three Awakened Ones in the dagger, Blissful and three Awakened Ones in the shield and another Joyful and two Awakened Ones in the hammer.

4 hours ago, whiskeytango said:

man, in the (admittedly few) games I've played my Awakened Ones haven't done anything except be Visage triggers. my Ascended Ones have done way better. Then I come here and hear they apparently suck. Who knew?

It's not that they suck, it's just that they are one two action activation and not hugely better stats (and a very mediocre ability) for more than double the price of two activations (four actions) if you had taken two Awakened Ones instead. That's not to say in some matches that the better stats of the Ascended Ones wouldn't make the difference, but for many objectives out activating your opponent, while it isn't a guaranteed win, is a huge advantage. 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, whiskeytango said:

man, in the (admittedly few) games I've played my Awakened Ones haven't done anything except be Visage triggers. my Ascended Ones have done way better. Then I come here and hear they apparently suck. Who knew?

In a campaign your fighter gain command trait and artefacts, which might be a good idea to give them to your Ascended One.

The ability isn't the best thing ever, but among the damage abilities, it's still a decent one to try if you got a high double  (5-6)