The Rumour Thread

8 hours ago, TheMawr said:

There are blanche concepts around for the gloomspite gitz. And the Spider elements are more in line with the rest of the range, spidersquigs/squigspiders instead of normal spiders, this actually goes back to their roots as thats what they used to be ( also lots of scutlings  style goblin/spider crossovers. ) 

Concepts being in the open likely equally means they are not coming in that form. But you'd never know.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/gothicpunk.tumblr.com/post/182732496880/gloomspite-gits-concepts-for-age-of-sigmar-sneaky/amp

It just based on the gobbapalooza model isn’t it ? 

IMG_6821.jpeg

10 hours ago, Gitzdee said:

I am starting to like this Bonesplitterz Spiderfang combo. I think it could also make a lot of sense if they want to. The reasons why Spiderfang are hanging out with Gloomspite are very thin at best and can be rewritten easily imho. Its mostly just being allies. 

I think Bonesplitterz and Spiderfang have much more in common. Spiderfang are know to have shamans who use Arachnarok bones. So do the Bonesplitterz. Both also heavily rely on beasts or draw power from them. Both get drunk/frenzy in waaagh power or spidervenom. Both like fast mounted units. Bonesplitterz can use some behemoths and Spiderfang can use some staying power. Copied some stuff from lexicanum here:

"Grots go to their bone-filled pit full of offerings and summon the living incarnations of their deity, the Arachnarok spiders."

This bit is about Bonesplitterz:

"Amberbone is sought by shamans and ambermantic sages for its ability to empower spells that transform casters into beasts, primal predatory versions of themselves or to unleash their hidden savagery."

Please give me this animalistic/ primal/ frenzied greenskinz.

Dont know what to call this army yet. But i might just build this army even if it isnt happening from GW.

Yeah this is exactly what I suggested few day ago on here . 
but I doubt unfortunately that GW will ever do this . However , BS lacking behemot models which spiderfang can give them . And spiderfang is lacking unit which BS have plenty . So they could complete each other very well 

• Like 3

In relation to this subject, I've noticed something that might be of some interest recently. I don't know if it has already been noted, but in the second Stormbringer magazine, their is a little fluff blurb about Destruction and its factions, and on the same page you've got Ironjaws, Gloomspite Gitz and Kruleboyz presented as different armies. 

Might means nothing, but I think it's still interesting. 

And one the idea a merging Spiderfangs and Binesplitterz, I personally think it could me the best way to go : they share esthetic and thematic cues, and this stand would get them closer to the old greenskins organisation with an assembly of grots and orruk. 

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

15 minutes ago, Swamp Trogg said:

In relation to this subject, I've noticed something that might be of some interest recently. I don't know if it has already been noted, but in the second Stormbringer magazine, their is a little fluff blurb about Destruction and its factions, and on the same page you've got Ironjaws, Gloomspite Gitz and Kruleboyz presented as different armies. 

And one the idea a merging Spiderfangs and Binesplitterz, I personally think it could me the best way to go : they share esthetic and thematic cues, and this stand would get them closer to the old greenskins organisation with an assembly of grots and orruk. 

Yes , why not give them that unreleased spider incarnate in their roster , they can give also krondspine , it’s wasted too actually . Might give them invocations . But this is wishlist really 

• LOVE IT! 2

15 hours ago, KingBrodd said:

Personally as someone who puts Models and Narrative far above anything else in the hobby I would love more Narrative books throughout the Edition. It would also help Blacl Library in being able to reference or even place characters on those battlefields to help create a more 'Lived In' world.

@Skreech Verminking @Garrac LETS SQUEEEEEWAAAAAK!!

Awesome story.

not much more I can squeak-scream about right now 😂

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, flying_dutchman said:

One is supposed to succeed and one is supposed to fail.  Are you going to bet money gw is going to let the ghyran crusades beat the shiny new centerpiece model that is releasing with the book.

Ushoran doesn't have to be their enemy. I guess it would be a weird and not pleasure moment for the Gyran crusade when they meet the Summercourt, but they would go out without much problem or help from Astreia and their stormcast.

8 hours ago, ScionOfOssia said:

I still find it weird that Katakros never threw down with Ushoran. You’d assume Nagash’s left-hand man would’ve at least tried to off one of Nagash’s greatest enemies, or at least put hundreds of Archai on patrol in the area around New Summercourt in case he tried to escape. 

It is the problem of having the lore adapted on the fly. In the early bits of something new we would have some clashes and things that don't make much sense.

2 hours ago, Swamp Trogg said:

It is indeed interesting. We would have to wait to see if they also forget to introduce Idoneth 😄, but IMO the BS idea is clear from GW point of view.

9 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

It is indeed interesting. We would have to wait to see if they also forget to introduce Idoneth 😄, but IMO the BS idea is clear from GW point of view.

What is clear from GW point of view ? Squat BS ?

7 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

Yes. Why would you not include them in a magazine supposed to attract new players otherwise?

Because they just presented the destruction army they will sell in the magazine : ironjawz , kruleboyz , gloomspite 

• Like 1

Just now, Ejecutor said:

Fair point.

I was 100% convinced that BS will be squatted until I see they aren’t really part of orc and goblin army in TOW . They are just upgrades which seems to not include any BS model directly in TOW 

• Like 2

Just now, Ejecutor said:

Bonesplitterz

Yeah well I mean they are somewhat part of tow, although aren’t considered anything else but ork boyz with some upgrades, you have to pay for 

bit personally, I don’t really know if bs are getting removed.

they seem well more interesting then the Mordor orks aos got this edition

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Skreech Verminking said:

Yeah well I mean they are somewhat part of tow, although aren’t considered anything else but ork boyz with some upgrades, you have to pay for 

bit personally, I don’t really know if bs are getting removed.

they seem well more interesting then the Mordor orks aos got this edition

Yes but the models themselves aren’t labeled as tow right ? It just suggest you that you can use some savage orc model but they won’t show or sell any savage orc model in tow . So the models are AoS only , and if they don’t move to TOW it means GW is planning to keep them in AoS (for now)?

• Like 2

If you think with current logic :

GW don’t want to have crossed models between ToW and AoS . So they can’t include savage orc in ToW , but they already place holder them in O&G with the upgrade rules so they are already mentioned In ToW lore and can be added later if necessary . 

So to be able to use savage orc models in ToW they need to either :

- squat bonesplitterz once they feel they have enough Kruleboyz and Ironjawz model for the orruk warclans 

- resculpt bonesplitterz so the old sculpt can be moved to ToW and AoS keep the new .

in both case it won’t happen until orruk warclans new battletome in V4

• Like 2

Ya come on guys Bonesplitterz will be firmly in AoS : they were featured in broken Realms, they had a great Underworlds warband , if you want to gain faster waagh point one Bonesplitterz Shaman is compulsory. 

Orruk warclans had the starter brand new faction = Kruleboyz, they had a mid size wave in Dawnbringers = ironjawz 2.0 , so next are probably Bonesplitterz in AoS 4.

Wurrgog and Wardokk need surely a resculpt and maybe add a sort of Savage brutes.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, cyrus said:

Ya come on guys Bonesplitterz will be firmly in AoS : they were featured in broken Realms, they had a great Underworlds warband , if you want to gain faster waagh point one Bonesplitterz Shaman is compulsory. 

Orruk warclans had the starter brand new faction = Kruleboyz, they had a mid size wave in Dawnbringers = ironjawz 2.0 , so next are probably Bonesplitterz in AoS 4.

Wurrgog and Wardokk need surely a resculpt and maybe add a sort of Savage brutes.

And in addition, how much "this faction is being removed" or "those guys will be squated with x faction" we got? and how much of that came true?

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Grunbag said:

Yes but the models themselves aren’t labeled as tow right ? It just suggest you that you can use some savage orc model but they won’t show or sell any savage orc model in tow . So the models are AoS only , and if they don’t move to TOW it means GW is planning to keep them in AoS (for now)?

I don’t believe that’s the case, but I am enjoying the fact that ork boys can be given a 6+ ward save which is described under the name of warpaints.

they can also be given bigstabbas.

personally I haven’t seen any savage ork boxes being repackaged for tow, and I don’t think I care too much, considering they are in comparison to other units a bit cheaper to buy and build (boxes of 20 instead of the usual 10 for the same price as most u its of 10)

also they look still quit good