Chainguaed warscroll battalion

darranh1

I’m a bit confused why anyone would take a battalion. I was looking at this one specifically for my Nighthaunt army but it’s 120 points and resurrects an extra 1D6 each hero phase IF you cast spectral lure without getting it inbound. 

With a max of 5 hero phases only 3-4 models average returned if successful casting every round. Each chainrasp is equivalent to 8 points so it would be cheaper to just buy. I know you get an extra relic but just not sure if push it to be such a great deal like some of other battalions in stormcast.

does anyone use? Is it actually better than I makingnout?

Also consider the extra command point which is 50 points. So it’s only an extra 70 points if you wanted that extra cp. the relic definitely have significant value as well. A friend has used this battalion to good effect. Combined with other sources of healing, sometimes after attacking his rasps, he has resurrected the same as before I attacked! 

Though I have yet to read some of the newer tomes I have a sneaking suspision that ever since AOS 2.0 was released, they have started making battalions weaker or way more expansive than they used to be. If true, I would guess that this is due to avoiding mono lists since battalions give extra command points (which is very needed for Nighthaunts, amongst many others), the relic and the increased chance that battalion players may decide who starts. 

Now when it comes to the Chainguard specifically. Well the Nighhaunt tome is to many players an enigma of weird descisions anyway, so please feel free to drop in on the Nighthaunt threat and join the wild speculations that pops up every few pages.

2 battlelines and a solid caster in a battalion for 120 points is utterly amaizing, with reducing drops, no "tax" units, CP and artefact it's ability is just an icing on the cake. If you need units to hold the line, pick it up, max out at least one of 2 chainrasp units and prepare to grind. Also model ressurrection isn't just about point efficiency, it's about being able to outlast your opponent, surrounding him with ressurrected models to increase your own damage output and preserving kill points 

This is actually a battalion that I am really considering to play, I've to pick up ten more Chainrasps first though. The extra d6 to resurrect is excellent. It puts a lot more pressure on your opponent to have to unbind that spell leaving them making choices about letting others such as Shademist go. The artefact is priceless in my opinion. Nighthaunt benefit immensely from certain artefacts and it is great to get more.