Battle Brothers- an idea to revamp the Ally system

Thiagoma

I'm genuinely happy with the existing Allies system. It allows people to slot in a decent amount of units if they so choose, but still keeps the vast majority of the army (at least in points) to the one, singular force. Compare than to the Soup nonsense we have in 40k, where 'Imperial Guard' armies consist of two squads and a HQ.

19 hours ago, Dead Scribe said:

Yep the ally system is being revamped with the new total power expansion.  We're thinking (where I am) that its going to start looking a lot like 40k now.

That's not what it is - those are rules for mercenaries and we don't even know if they will be Matched Play legal. And even with add of mercenaries it won't look like 40k detachments.

10 hours ago, michu said:

That's not what it is - those are rules for mercenaries and we don't even know if they will be Matched Play legal. And even with add of mercenaries it won't look like 40k detachments.

If it’s not matched play it’s already possible. So I reckon it will be. 

And if they get it right remains to be seen, but so those everything else besides the name ;) 

4 hours ago, Dead Scribe said:

I would be highly surprised if anything they put out is not matched play legal.  

Every WD rule they've put out for AoS isn't matched play legal. And before you say oh well that's just WD they're using WD to put out matched play rules for 40k. 

1 hour ago, Dead Scribe said:

I would be highly surprised if any paid expansion box is not matched play legal. 

White Dwarfs aren't free. Also there's plenty in Malign Sorcereries that isn't for matched play (or just isn't used in Matched Play). To be clear this is me hoping desperately that this isn't GW just absolutely 💩'ing the bed by allowing this in matched play. Or if its matched play legal I can only hope they're very specifically designed units and not just open season on taking what you want from other books. 

Edited by SwampHeart