Daemons: Tzeentch or Khorne?

WilsonUndead

Hey everyone,

So I’m getting back into the game, was able to convince my girlfriend to paint and play and she’s loving it so far (painting that is, haven’t played yet).

I have a bunch of stuff from before, mostly daemons. I’m torn between playing tzeentch or Khorne and I wanted to know how they fare on the table in comparison to each other?

About to buy a greater demon so I’m trying to decide before I go ahead and buy one lol

Also FYI gf is playing death (Nighthaunt to start), how well will they do against daemons in general?

thanks

3 hours ago, WilsonUndead said:

Hey everyone,

So I’m getting back into the game, was able to convince my girlfriend to paint and play and she’s loving it so far (painting that is, haven’t played yet).

I have a bunch of stuff from before, mostly daemons. I’m torn between playing tzeentch or Khorne and I wanted to know how they fare on the table in comparison to each other?

About to buy a greater demon so I’m trying to decide before I go ahead and buy one lol

Also FYI gf is playing death (Nighthaunt to start), how well will they do against daemons in general?

thanks

Hi ^^

I am almost new to AoS but it's a while than I following youtube battle reports, reading news etcetc. Imho you should pick what you like ( rule of cool) and go for it.

In one side you have an army that just got an up to date battle tome for AoS2 (endless spell equivalent, scenery) , on the other side you have a very focused magic army than has benifet a lot from the past endless spell expansion of the past. If you want more info there are the relevant topic/forum 😃

About the spooky ghost, like most of the DA are quite resilient (5+ after save when close to an hero) they ignore the rend/cover modifiers; than u can deepstrike up half of your army,and the deeply relaying on heroes for support/magic synergies and when they are gone they start to falling a part XD

Compared to DA u do not have evocations of new units or the ability to recycle the destroyed one. Y ou can just heal wounded model or bring back the model to an unit.

if the charge was 10+ you fight before the start of the combat phase (alias fight twice at turn) and the grimghast/chairasp horde are quite strong and annoying. 

p.s. sorry for my english.

I'd say tzeentch it you are just doing demons only. But in aos the demons are grouped with the mortals. So you lose nothing by bringing tzangors with you tzeentch demons or khorne bloodhound with your khorne demons.

So if tzeentch or khorne with mortals as well. I think that's a lot closer and harder to say which is better.

This is hard to answer, khorne is getting a new battletome this weekend which is changing a lot of things. They look like they have improved but it’s too early to see how they stack up.

Tzeentch has generally been pretty good but their battletome is a mess of FAQd rules now and no one can be sure when an update is coming.

Briefly, go for the one you like the look of, you could even mix them as a chaos army until the dust settles.

Thanks for all the replies! 

With rule of cool I’m pretty torn, I have models for both gods, and I like them all pretty much equally, so that’s part of my indecision.

As for bloodbound or tzaangors I don’t have any of those but I do have a lot of Khorne mortals like skull crushers and Khorne knights so maybe I’ll just stick with that.

With aos am I able to use the skull crushers and knights with daemons? Still kinda foggy on how aos works in that way lol

Yes you can, Your army would be Khorne alliegience - you just need to state your knights are khorne marked. But yes you can run a mixed army, however as khorne have a new battletome I can’t say for sure how effective it would be until that is released on Saturday, but it can. Be done

12 hours ago, WilsonUndead said:

Thanks for all the replies! 

With rule of cool I’m pretty torn, I have models for both gods, and I like them all pretty much equally, so that’s part of my indecision.

As for bloodbound or tzaangors I don’t have any of those but I do have a lot of Khorne mortals like skull crushers and Khorne knights so maybe I’ll just stick with that.

With aos am I able to use the skull crushers and knights with daemons? Still kinda foggy on how aos works in that way lol

Yeah so khorne is currently demons + mortals (bloodbound). They're in the same book. But additionally you can have slaves to darkness (like generic chaos warriors or knights), as long as they are marked with khorne. All without breaking allegiance or using Ally points.

This is the same for the main three gods. Slanneesh doesn't have a dedicated mortal army yet.

Get both!!! 

That's what I did. I have a 2000+ point Blades of Khorne army and a 2000+ point Diciples of Tzeentch army. Both mixed between Mortals and Daemons.  And I have 1000 pints of Slaves to Darkness that can play with both armies.

While I still haven't bought any Bloodthirster or Lord of Change, they are on my to buy list.

Just as a heads up, pure daemon Tzeentch is not very strong right now. Horrors, Flamers, Exalted Flamers, Screamers, and Chariots are all overcosted for what they bring. On top of that the Lord of Change is essentially 380pts to cast 2 spells per turn so is also overcosted, at least in my opinion. If you like Tzeentch I'd either wait for a new book or focus on the mortal side which is quite strong right now. 

Archived