Malign Sorcery a "must have" ?

Levvox

Hi there,

I've been in the scene for a little short of a year now and did play here and there mostly against Stormcast Eternals. Let's just say I haven't been the most successful ^^' 

I never really got into the Malign Sorcery spells but after some digging they did seem pretty interesting to me.  Since tzeentch is kind of the "magic faction" I was wondering if the malign sorcery box is a 'must have' or if they aren't really that necessary? I still have to play around my list a bit but I do enjoy casting spells and am counting up to between 4-6 spells per hero phase, so I was wondering if they might give my army a little power push since I often end up with a little room in terms of points anyway.

About half of the box is quite good for certain builds. You probably wont play all of them, but things like the cogs can help rushdown armies, or the swords for added MW harrasment. Its not a must, but it CAN boost some builds.

Endless Spells have been pretty much universally accepted in most clubs and game centres as a default auto-include (ergo everyone assumes you'll use them without confirming before a game). As such they are around and people do make use of them and they do add variety and options to your army. The Malign Sorcery boxed set gives you all the generic ones that can be used by any faction as a model plus you get warscroll cards for them and a rulebook that contains all the expanded Realm Rules. Both things like spell lists for when your battle is set within a realm and equipment lists when you use the "army home realm" rules (ergo when you get different artifacts to pick from because your army comes from a specific realm) 

Note that the realm stuff is more hit and miss - some clubs use all of it all the time; some bits here and there and some hardly any. However as its all the paperwork side not models its easy to add and remove them from army list.s 

The set itself is a very good price for what you get and its clear that GW intended it to be such a good deal that gamers would pick it up readily and its proven true. 

I think for Tzeentch it is a must have. Swords/Pendulum/Burning head are needed in orrder to proactively kill your own Pink horrors to farm value. And then use destiny dices of 1 to bring them back.
Cogs and Balewind vortex for the extra spells.

The shackles are pretty useful against close combat armies to delay and mess up their charge
And finally the geminids all rounder good. 

A must have for tzeentch given the number of spells you can cast a turn

Archived