Mitzy's Destruction Army The Meatmen of Mitzmanheim

Mitzy

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is a great blog.

Thank you for spending the time and making the effort to share your beautifully painted army along with the techniques you have used to achieve these results.

Congratulations on the best painted trophy, well deserved.

I look forward to seeing this army at #RAW16.

4 hours ago, Cowboy Boots Matt said:

Excellent blog mate and the army is really striking, enjoying the little game write ups as well.

Also a fan of the additional detail on the painting. Keep it coming and I'm looking forward to seeing more.

Are you planning any zany conversions and this would really make the army stand out for me.

Thanks Matt, I appreciate the feedback! I have up until now have been going for out the box minis simply because I love the new Ironjaws stuff. That said now that I'm going to be adding more brutes I have a plan to add some "other" minis in to the units to ensure that the army doesn't look too samey.

But until I get these started I'll not say any more as I don't want to ruin the surprise ;)

Keep your eyes peeled I think you'll like what I have planned...

2 hours ago, Bishmeister said:

This is a great blog.

Thank you for spending the time and making the effort to share your beautifully painted army along with the techniques you have used to achieve these results.

Congratulations on the best painted trophy, well deserved.

I look forward to seeing this army at #RAW16.

Many thanks indeed @Bishmeister the TGA launch coincided with the inception of my destruction army and so it seemed only right to use it to maintain focus as I painted things up, the positive comments and feedback just fuels the process and I really do love it!

I'm going to come straight back at you with the thanks though as your post on the trees is excellent and I'll definitely be adding plenty of them to my terrain building! For those that haven't seen it yet check our Bish's excellent tutorial here: 

Personally it would be amazing to find out how you made the city buildings/castle walls you have been building hopefully you can add a tutorial for this too at some point?

On 11 August 2016 at 8:13 PM, Bishmeister said:

Thanks @Mitzy, kind words. 

The castle is just a kit bash of many kits of children's toy castles.

Falcon Castle by Simba, no longer in production but they turn up on ebay now and then.

Heres a link to my blog on another forum with plenty more pics.

http://warhammer-empire.com/theforum/index.php/topic,41943.50.html

Thanks @Bishmeister I have been lucky and picked a couple of the Simba sets up so I'll be interested to see how they come together! Now on to your blog, what a great hobby treasure trove! Thanks for sharing.

• 2 weeks later...

Okay so it's been a while... I've been away on holiday for a couple of weeks and in that time I've been scheming!

"What on" I hear you ask?

Well, following my trials and tribulations at Alliance I decided that Brutes needed to be added to the Ironjaws and pronto! I also wanted to try something without adding the Megaboss on his MawKrusha. So I need to add a second Megaboss on foot this got me thinking about how I could take the GW model and make it look different to my other one?

I settled on the Generals Handbook and the Artefacts of Destruction, I wanted to model the Megaboss with one or more of them. Looking down the list two stood out to me and as the most commonly used I figured that the following two should feature.

• The Meteoric Hammerblade
  • Battle Brew

With the items decided I started out building the new clam pack Megaboss mini, I had built my MawKrusha and not used the Gordrakk Head option so this was the first kitbash swap out, a little greenstuff and it fits the standard Megaboss well. The next thing to do was to remove the Giant skull from his Shoulder. The MawKrusha also came with a couple of weapon options for when you build it as the standard Megaboss, these were essential items, the right hand is an enormous Boss Gore-Hacka (see Meteoric Hammerblade) and the left hand is a giant Blade held in reverse (Assassin style).

The big vacant space where the Giant Skull once was seemed a good space to implement the Battle Brew. This is when my Ogre bitz box came in to play, I whipped out one of the Ogre barrels and hey presto instant Battle Brew! I want the MegaBoss to have access to his Brew at all times so have decided that he will have tubing directly from the barrel either in to his skull or in to his mouth (I'm not sure which yet - is in to his skull a bit too 40K???).

Anyway he is here for your viewing pleasure (minus the tubes in to his skull/mouth you decide...) he's ready for paint:

2016-08-27 16.55.41.jpg

2016-08-27 16.55.45.jpg

2016-08-27 16.55.52.jpg

2016-08-27 16.55.58.jpg

2016-08-27 16.56.06.jpg

3 minutes ago, Dez said:

Put a barrel on the other shoulder and do 2 sippy straws! 

in to his Skull or Mouth? Just to say he does have a piece of exposed skull so it would be the perfect place to drill and insert the tubes...

And then I got to thinking about the Brutes....

I wanted to find a way to break the units up a bit, and add some height variety to the units I knew that I wanted to use the GW Brutes minis as they are simply great models. But how could I add height to them? Well I had an idea.

Every unit of five Brutes can take a Gore-Choppa, what miniature in the Destruction range has a Massive Choppa??? 

The Ogre Ironguts!

So I got to thinking. Since my Destruction journey began with the Ogres (The Original Meatmen of Mitzmanheim) what if my Ironjaws had captured a few and had held them as slaves using their brute strength to swing the Gore-Choppaz? I set about converting a standard Ogre Bull in to an Ironjaw slave, this I knew was going to be an Ogre with a handler and gave me the opportunity to add something else to my Ironjaws. Something that I haven't had in an army since 8th Edition Warhammer...

The Unit Filler :o

So here they are the latest addition to the army, all ready for paint (except the chains that will be between the Ogre and his handler).

2016-08-27 16.51.16.jpg

2016-08-27 16.51.24.jpg

2016-08-27 16.51.41.jpg

2016-08-27 16.52.07.jpg

2016-08-27 16.52.26.jpg

2016-08-27 16.52.42.jpg

2016-08-27 16.53.02.jpg

So thanks to @Dez I have now added a second barrel to the Left shoulder of the Megaboss, I also decided to add the sippy straws ahead of painting so he is now complete and ready for paint.

I think that the straws in the mouth was the right option, I left one hanging down as though he's finished one of the barrels and it will be dripping brew.

Enjoy:

2016-08-28 17.46.24.jpg

2016-08-28 17.46.29.jpg

2016-08-28 17.46.33.jpg

Gah, I'm going to miss #miniaturemonday with the Megaboss. A shame as I really thought that I'd blast him out this weekend, but sadly time slipped away and I was distracted by some scenery that needed building for the RAW event...

Anyway with no miniature monday to post I'll through up the MB as a #WIPwednesdayonamonday

The Armour is complete save the rust wash which goes on last, I have also finished his skin, the rest is still very much WIP but I need him finished for a game vs @Jimbo on Wednesday so hopefully I'll be posting the finished article tomorrow night!

Now for your viewing pleasure: 

2016-08-29 19.50.56.jpg

2016-08-29 19.50.59.jpg

2016-08-29 19.51.03.jpg

2016-08-29 19.51.08.jpg

2016-08-29 19.51.23.jpg

18 hours ago, NickT said:

What an awesome blog! Some really inspiring stuff and that conversion for your megaboss has worked so nicely too!

Thanks Nick, there's a whole lotta love for the Greenies in here :) 

18 hours ago, Lysandestolpe said:

Ha! I love that boss.

Cheers man, he loves his Brew too...

And he's done... I'm super pleased with how this guy has come out. I think the barrels work really well thanks to @Dez for the double barrel shout out! Tomorrow night he'll be cracking Sylvaneth skulls (or twigs) with his blood brothers!

2016-08-30 23.27.35.jpg

2016-08-30 23.26.33.jpg

2016-08-30 23.26.43.jpg

2016-08-30 23.26.53.jpg

Archived