Spells of Nagash

Mutter

I'm trying to get my head round the spells that Nagash knows. In the warscroll, it says "He knows the Arcane Bolt, Mystic Shield, Hand of Dust and Soul Stealer spells, as well as any spells known by other DEATH WIZARDS on the battlefield."

Seemed clear enough to me. But in every list with Nagash I see, people have three spells listed for Nagash that are NOT on the other mages. What part am I not getting? (I'm new to AoS, maybe I misunderstood the whole spell selection process, but normaly, you get the spells listed and then it says 'can choose another xy spell' - Nagash does not have that, right?).

On 10/8/2018 at 3:26 PM, Mutter said:

Man, this game is convoluted as h*ck!

Best to check the FAQ... I meant the rules errata... no, it must have been in the designers commentary...maybe from the core rules...or the book?

I might just get a rope...

Just to clear things up for confusions sake. It seems to trip people up a lot. Nagash knows; Mystic Shield, Arcane Bolt, Hand of Dust, Soul Stealer and three spell from the Lores of the Dead. He also knows the spells of any Death Wizard on the battlefield. So if you have a necromancer in the same army he would also know Nanhel's Danse Macabre and any spell from the Lore of the Dead that he knows. 

This also applies to Death Wizards not in your army. So enemy death wizards and allied death wizard also add to his arsenal. Good to keep in mind when playing a 2 v 2.

Nagash can throw around a disgusting amount of spells, he has more spells himself than i see in most armies in my area. Throw other wizards on top of that and your getting more than half your spells uncontested. I've been interested in getting nagash and trying to cheese hero kills using spell portal + arkhans command ability + hand of dust.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/16/2018 at 3:19 PM, Lucky Snake Eyes said:

Nagash can throw around a disgusting amount of spells, he has more spells himself than i see in most armies in my area. Throw other wizards on top of that and your getting more than half your spells uncontested. I've been interested in getting nagash and trying to cheese hero kills using spell portal + arkhans command ability + hand of dust.

Just a quick heads-up, in case you missed it - you can only throw 1 spell through the spell portal now. Still crazy to HoD with that range but not like the good old days of just throwing everything through it. 

Archived