New WU:Nightvault Warbands' AOS warscrolls up

JPjr

https://www.games-workshop.com/resources/PDF/Downloads//aos_warscroll_thorns_of_the_briar_queen_en.pdf

https://www.games-workshop.com/resources/PDF/Downloads//aos_warscroll_stormsires_cursebreakers_en.pdf

so unlike the first 'season' warbands looks like they're splitting up the warscrolls with the main 'wizard' characters separate from the others, though it does state that for matched play "These units must be taken as a set for a total of xxx points. Although taken as a set, each is a separate unit." which I guess if you like to be picky about these things raises a question about 'unit cohesion' between the hero character and the others). 

Anyway gives some more ideas as to how the other units will possibly operate.

16 minutes ago, TheWolfLord said:

Not sure why anyone would argue unit coherency when it clearly states they are separate units.

Pretty sure after 'Collect, Build, Paint, Play', arguing over the minutiae of rules is the 5th pillar of Warhammer.

29 minutes ago, Carnelian said:

That is v expensive but at least his spell is pretty good! 

I don’t know. It feels pretty expensive for an upgraded version of a Knight Incantor spell for the same cost of a mounted hero essentially. If you take out the points for the evocators he’s costed the same as a lord celestant on a dracoth. That feels a bit much even with a good variant of Kroaks old spell.

I definitely agree on the Thorns of the Briar Queen. The Chainrasps themselves are worth 40-50 points, so the cost of the queen is only 100-110, which seems worth it given her powerful spell and decently useful scream attack. I could imagine allying her in a Legions of Nagash army. She won't be great in all matchups, so she should be a particularly nice possibility for tournaments with a sideboard.

15 hours ago, Nos said:

They will just be joining  the unit of Evocators  in my army then. Shame, I liked the idea of a small separate kabal. 

I think I'll do both. I'll use all three of them as regular Evocators/Incantor but also, from time to time field them as the named chars they are.
So in terms of buying them, I consider them a much better deal than point wise.

Archived