Delicious Aelf Soup

Orsino

So I'm sure there are plenty of people using mixed order Aelf lists and I could certainly do with some feedback on mine.

I like dragons and want to include plenty of them in my list, and I like variety of models, hence lots of different units, but within these parameter could I do better? On a scale between random models and fairly competitive where would this list fall? The general idea is to tie the enemy up with monsters whilst the SotW shoot them to pieces, reavers and eels grab objectives and executioners and liberators give some teeth to the defensive screen of bleakswords. I already own some Khinerai and Eternal Guard but couldn't find space for them in this list. 

Allegiance: Order

LEADERS
Waywatcher (120)
Twilight Sisters on Forest Dragon (420)
Sorceress On Black Dragon (280) - Witch Rod

UNITS
20 x Sisters of the Watch (360)
10 x Bleakswords (Battleline) (100)
10 x Executioners (160)
5 x Reavers (Battleline) (140)
5 x Liberators (Battleline) (100) -Warhammers
3 x Akhelian Ishlaen Guard (140)

BEHEMOTHS
War Hydra (180)

TOTAL: 2000/2000     EXTRA COMMAND POINTS: 0     WOUNDS: 115

Cool list @Orsino- you might want to think of an alternative to the Twilight Sisters on Forest Dragon as they're bound to be phased out of matched play with the rest of compendium stuff soon. If you''ve got access to a copy of Season of War: Fire Storm, don't forget to slap Hammerhal allegiance on for a free bravery boost. ?

32 minutes ago, robinlvalentine said:

The Reavers can't be battleline in this list, can they? 

?

Reavers have always been unconditional battleline, going back to the original GHB.

5 hours ago, Double Misfire said:

Cool list @Orsino- you might want to think of an alternative to the Twilight Sisters on Forest Dragon as they're bound to be phased out of matched play with the rest of compendium stuff soon. If you''ve got access to a copy of Season of War: Fire Storm, don't forget to slap Hammerhal allegiance on for a free bravery boost. ?

I've thought about the Twilight Sisters a bit, I'm sure all the compendiums will be scrapped eventually but is there any reason to think we'll loose wood elves imminently? 

6 hours ago, Orsino said:

I've thought about the Twilight Sisters a bit, I'm sure all the compendiums will be scrapped eventually but is there any reason to think we'll loose wood elves imminently? 

Well apart from me wanting to get a legit Orion and sisters of twilight model as I didnt get them when I played fantasy back in the day nothing is pointing to them going away soon

2 hours ago, adreal said:

Well apart from me wanting to get a legit Orion and sisters of twilight model as I didnt get them when I played fantasy back in the day nothing is pointing to them going away soon

Can always have the sisters count as a dragonlord/archmage on dragon or even a star drake, you don't get wanderers allegiance with the sisters anyway so it's not like you lose out.

18 hours ago, Orsino said:

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2018/08/05/warhammer-legends-dragons-of-the-old-world/

As of Friday, matched play points for the Twilight Sisters will be going bye-bye.

2 minutes ago, robinlvalentine said:

I'm guessing this means these aren't Namarti Reavers - forgive my ignorance, but what are Reavers? They don't seem to come up on the online store. 

These guys, an old Warhammer High Elf unit now part of the Swifthawk Agents faction. They and the rest of the models from the Spire of Dawn/Isle of Blood Starter set aren't currently sold by GW, but they've got points in the current GHB and their rules are available on the AoS app.

HycsEG1.jpg

11 hours ago, Double Misfire said:

These guys, an old Warhammer High Elf unit now part of the Swifthawk Agents faction. They and the rest of the models from the Spire of Dawn/Isle of Blood Starter set aren't currently sold by GW, but they've got points in the current GHB and their rules are available on the AoS app.

HycsEG1.jpg

Thanks very much! Wow, I'd never even seen these models before. Weird that they'd just name a new unit the same thing 

Archived