Are any multiple Verminlord lists viable?

Lord_Skrolk

Verminlords are a really intriguing unit. They are really powerful and with some recent point drops and boosts to magic,  

A list that combines multiple Verminlords could be very strong. For example, a Verminlord Corruptor and Verminlord Screech Verminking would be able to cast both Plague and The 13th Spell, absolutely devastating horde armies in the magic phase. 

Anyone have any thoughts or ideas for multiple Verminlord lists? 

11 hours ago, Lord_Skrolk said:

Verminlords are a really intriguing unit. They are really powerful and with some recent point drops and boosts to magic,  

A list that combines multiple Verminlords could be very strong. For example, a Verminlord Corruptor and Verminlord Screech Verminking would be able to cast both Plague and The 13th Spell, absolutely devastating horde armies in the magic phase. 

Anyone have any thoughts or ideas for multiple Verminlord lists? 

I've toyed with the idea of an "all verminlord" elite army list, but I only own two, so I can't try it myself. I don't think it is bad, but it needs field testing to see if it's anywhere near good.

Token clanrats as battleline, of course ;)

Sounds a lot like the start of a AoS 2 - Masterclan Discussion ?

At 2000pts we can have 6 leaders, so six Verminlords; Lord Skreech Verminking, two Warpseers, two Corruptors and a Deceiver.No Warbringers, they're too focused on supporting Verminus units to really be of any use, not even to buff Clanrats. The Warpgnaw Verminlord, I feel, needs to be able to bring a decent unit with him to make use of how expensive it is, thus I won't consider it. Add three blocks of 20 Clanrats for Battleline and we have a semi decent list.

Leaders
Lord Skreech Verminkin (300)
Verminlord Warpseer (260)
Verminlord Deceiver (300)
- General
- Trait: Cunning Deceiver
- Artefact: Chaos Talisman
Verminlord Corruptor (220)

Battleline
20 x Clanrats (120)
- Rusty Spear
20 x Clanrats (120)
- Rusty Spear
20 x Clanrats (120)
- Rusty Spear

Endless Spells
Umbral Spellportal (60)

Total: 1980 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 0
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 132

Not sure what realm or other Endless Spells this could use.

1 hour ago, Mayple said:

I've toyed with the idea of an "all verminlord" elite army list, but I only own two, so I can't try it myself. I don't think it is bad, but it needs field testing to see if it's anywhere near good.

Token clanrats as battleline, of course ;)

Yeah, its interesting to think about. It would have to be GA: Chaos, but that's fine

Potential list: 

Verminlord Corruptor (220)

Thanquol and Boneripper (400)

3x20 Clan Rats (360)

3xRatling Gunners (240)

2×Warp Lightning Cannon (360)

TOTAL: 1880, bring two command points 

Could be really strong, Thanquol and the Deceiver can each cast Skitterleap to teleport 6" away from the enemy's heros, deliver a ton of wound and mortal wounds, and then if they survive a turn just Skitterleap them both back to safety :)

40 minutes ago, robbobobo said:

Sounds a lot like the start of a AoS 2 - Masterclan Discussion ?

At 2000pts we can have 6 leaders, so six Verminlords; Lord Skreech Verminking, two Warpseers, two Corruptors and a Deceiver.No Warbringers, they're too focused on supporting Verminus units to really be of any use, not even to buff Clanrats. The Warpgnaw Verminlord, I feel, needs to be able to bring a decent unit with him to make use of how expensive it is, thus I won't consider it. Add three blocks of 20 Clanrats for Battleline and we have a semi decent list.

Leaders
Lord Skreech Verminkin (300)
- General
- Trait: Cunning Deceiver
- Artefact: Chaos Talisman

Battleline
20 x Clanrats (120)
- Rusty Spear
20 x Clanrats (120)
- Rusty Spear
20 x Clanrats (120)
- Rusty Spear

Endless Spells
Umbral Spellportal (60)

Total: 1980 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 0
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 132

Not sure what realm or other Endless Spells this could use.

Is this insane? Yes. Is it absolutely ridiculous? Yes. Is it so Skaven-y it physically hurts? Yes. 

But that would absolutely be the coolest army of all time! 

Assuming Matched Play 2000pt list restriction:

Allegiance: Chaos
Verminlord Warbringer (280)
- General
- Trait: Malicious Conqueror
- Artefact: Crown of Conquest
Lord Skreech Verminkin (300)
Warpgnaw Verminlord (320)
40 x Clanrats (200)
- Rusty Spear
40 x Clanrats (200)
- Rusty Spear
20 x Clanrats (120)
- Rusty Blade
20 x Stormvermin (280)
- Halberd & Shield
Umbral Spellportal (60)
Soulsnare Shackles (20)

Total: 2000 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 0
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 166

Deepstrike the Stormvermin with the Warpgnaw, keep the Warbringer near the Clanrats to reduce battleshock, start throwing Skreech's spell through the Spellportal cast by the Corruptor.  Command Ability +1 attack on the Clanrats and use the Warbringer's spell to allow them a pile-in upon death.  Get Skreech into combat if you can and give him the extra D3 damage/attack if needed, but I'd start in the +1 cast and set up Stormvermin upon model death... it just says VERMINUS, not Clanrat* or anything.  You can throw in a that Warpseer instead of the Corruptor, since they're good casters and will spawn giant rats.

5 minutes ago, Black_Fortress_Immortal said:

Get Skreech into combat if you can and give him the extra D3 damage/attack if needed, but I'd start in the +1 cast and set up Stormvermin upon model death... it just says VERMINUS, not Clanrat* or anything.

Hate to burst your bubble but Skreech can only make Clanrats with the Dreaded Thirteenth if we go by the AoS app, not that more Clanrats aren't bad. It's even been updated in the GHB and in the errata.

7 minutes ago, robbobobo said:

Hate to burst your bubble but Skreech can only make Clanrats with the Dreaded Thirteenth if we go by the AoS app, not that more Clanrats aren't bad. It's even been updated in the GHB and in the errata.

I know you're right.... but I loved the mental image of the 13th Spell killing 6 enemy models and then the Skaven player setting up 6 Verminlord Warbringers in the middle of enemy army. Oh, what could have been! 

Not super related but im currently building a verminus list. Why is it stormvermin are more expensive when taken in 30? 14 per 10 then a jump to 500 is weird. Checked the gbh errata and couldnt find anything about it.

4 hours ago, Lord_Skrolk said:

Could be really strong, Thanquol and the Deceiver can each cast Skitterleap to teleport 6" away from the enemy's heros, deliver a ton of wound and mortal wounds, and then if they survive a turn just Skitterleap them both back to safety :)

Thanquol only knows the spells of Skaven units within 13". Verminlords don't have that keyword.

I've been personally kicking around the idea of a double verminlin lord for a while now when I saw this thread. It's only at it's inception stage but basically, I just want a Verminlord Corruptor w/ a Sword of Judgement and a Verminlord Deceiver to Skitterleap it across the board. The entire rest of the list is doing gymnastics to allow me to do this. 

I do love Stormfiends and Arch-Warlocks though so... hmmm. It's like I have an idea that's on the cusp of tunneling into reality if I could just pin it down...

7 hours ago, robbobobo said:

Ah well, I'd still take him.  Skaven suck and aren't my interest, I'm not going to dig through GW's convoluted errata and disorganized BS.

3 hours ago, Black_Fortress_Immortal said:

Ah well, I'd still take him.  Skaven suck and aren't my interest, I'm not going to dig through GW's convoluted errata and disorganized BS.

I don't know about suck. Skryre and Pestilens are both pretty strong. They are like you say disorganized and convoluted however. They need the Legions of Nagash treatment - a new battletome that condenses their stuff into one book that helps you build synergy and has some traits, artefacts, and battalions. 

2 hours ago, Mephisto said:

I don't know about suck. Skryre and Pestilens are both pretty strong. They are like you say disorganized and convoluted however. They need the Legions of Nagash treatment - a new battletome that condenses their stuff into one book that helps you build synergy and has some traits, artefacts, and battalions. 

Yeah, GW suggests round bases and still ships old kits for skaven with squares.  They're obviously not their focus, so I'm not surprised that they have 3 different rulesets existing online for a single hero.

On 17 July 2018 at 2:18 PM, Black_Fortress_Immortal said:

Assuming Matched Play 2000pt list restriction:

Allegiance: Chaos
Verminlord Warbringer (280)
- General
- Trait: Malicious Conqueror
- Artefact: Crown of Conquest
Lord Skreech Verminkin (300)
Warpgnaw Verminlord (320)
40 x Clanrats (200)
- Rusty Spear
40 x Clanrats (200)
- Rusty Spear
20 x Clanrats (120)
- Rusty Blade
20 x Stormvermin (280)
- Halberd & Shield
Umbral Spellportal (60)
Soulsnare Shackles (20)

Total: 2000 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 0
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 166

Deepstrike the Stormvermin with the Warpgnaw, keep the Warbringer near the Clanrats to reduce battleshock, start throwing Skreech's spell through the Spellportal cast by the Corruptor.  Command Ability +1 attack on the Clanrats and use the Warbringer's spell to allow them a pile-in upon death.  Get Skreech into combat if you can and give him the extra D3 damage/attack if needed, but I'd start in the +1 cast and set up Stormvermin upon model death... it just says VERMINUS, not Clanrat* or anything.  You can throw in a that Warpseer instead of the Corruptor, since they're good casters and will spawn giant rats.

Lol is it odd that I own all of this army might have to paint this up as my next 2000pts of skaven to paint (got16000pts of skaven lol ) 

Archived