Heroes of the Old World

https://whc-cdn.games-workshop.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/07/ENG_HEROES_JULY.pdf

Looks like the current batch of build to order isn't bringing any full armies back at the moment, just bringing the old heroes back for compendium/open play. I've not cross referenced it, but it's a lot list and I suspect it's probably all the characters that were removed from the compendiums last year.

15 minutes ago, Dead Scribe said:

Well that at least saves me some money in ordering them then.  Good thing I checked this thread out!

Well if you have TK army it will be open play only too, when they'll  make more made-to-order units. So if you wanted to buy Settra or Khalida, then you could do that for completing collection. Or if you're O&G player you could use Gorbad as regular warboss. It's a beautiful miniature. 

It is interesting that they did not put the Grimgor miniature onto the Made to Order release announcement for this weekend.  GW still sells a lot of the old Orc & Goblin special character models under generic names.

Azhag is the current resin warboss on Wyvern miniature.

Wurrzag was altered into the Wurrgog Prophet.

Skarsnik is the Grot Warboss with Giant Cave Squig

The ones they dumped was Gorbad Ironclaw, Grimgor, and Grom.  I am so very happy to see them making Gorbad Ironclaw available again.  That miniature was pretty outstanding and I figured since he was one of the newest sculpted characters to the range that he would be around for a while.  I'll be using him as a Greenskin Warboss with Banner on a Boar, and I will  probably buy 3-4 of them.  I have been eyeing him on ebay for the last couple of months, but he regularly resells for over $100.

It seems strange that they are not putting the Grimgor model back out though.  He makes an excellent unit leader for an Ardboyz unit.  If they ever make an Ardboyz champion then his model would work great.

Can you still play them using compendium points as their generic counterparts? Grom the Paunch as Gitboss on Wolf Chariot, Greasus Goldtooth as Overtyrant or Khalida as Tomb Queen, for example? The Compendiums site has been updated with the new edition fluff and the same goes to the Warscroll Builder. Just wondering as they are no longer on the GH. 

Boss on a chariot is not in Gitmob it is in Orcs & Goblins - which is no longer in the GHB.  The only hero that Gitmob has is the shaman.  So Grom effectively has no equivalent warscroll anymore.

I’ll still pick up another copy of his model from this release though.

Archived