Sable brush discussion - including GW sable

30 minutes ago, Durant said:

Escoda Prado  Round Rigger 6 I use them and the are good, I do not know if they are better or worst from natural coz I do not use them. I have them for 4-6 months and they are still ok. But i do wash them fairly as they are not you cheap sintetic brushes (they cost 40PLN aprox 10 euro for one)

An a link to their site

http://www.escoda.com/artists_shop/synthetic_brushes/prado/tame_synthetic/65

I hope I am not braking any rules.

Thank you bud, will try them! 

• RuneBrush changed the title to Sable brush discussion - including GW sable
5 hours ago, Condottiero Magno said:

Speaking of recycling, ever notice the slot in old medicine cabinets?

It’s a blade-safe for safety razors. Watch out for sharps if you’re ever working on one.

Or Khorne May be pleased with your offering ... (and Nurgle might bless you with tetanus..) 

I've found some really good artificial brushes online, switching from sable to artificial brushes is a small change which avoids causing unimaginable and unnecessary suffering to an animal.

I think the biggest barrier is just how many people are unaware of the origin of sable, thanks OP for bringing this to people's attention.  

I am one of those weird people who have used synthetic for years.  I did try the fabled W&N series 7 but found it too soft for my painting style and have stuck with Pro Arte Prolene series 101 ever since. Good tip, handles rough usage and lasts reasonably well. Cheap too, you can pick up a set of five in a pouch from ebay

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Pro-Arte-Artists-Prolene-5-Brush-Set-W3-Watercolour-Gouache-Acrylic-inks/320849700983

I am UK based, not sure if these are available world wide.

17 hours ago, Condottiero Magno said:

Don't know anything about the 3050 mini detailers range, but I'm now interested in the 5/0 angle spot detailer...

3050TS_brush3.jpg

I wonder is the shape a real deal and it helps or it is just a thing to sell you new shape brushes ?

54 minutes ago, Orsino said:

I've found some really good artificial brushes online, switching from sable to artificial brushes is a small change which avoids causing unimaginable and unnecessary suffering to an animal.

I think the biggest barrier is just how many people are unaware of the origin of sable, thanks OP for bringing this to people's attention.  

Thanks! Like i said i never really thought about it until randomnly reading the description on the GW website.

Obviously there are impacts to everything in modern living but fur does seem to be a common issue for many people- thanks to all the links so far to alternative brushes. Now, i wonder if enough interest could lead to GW eventually selling some for their fine brush sizes? They are the top of the league for miniature painting so if anyone could pioneer top quality artificial brushes it would be them.

Archived