AoS 2 - Legion Of Azgorh Discussion

Gaz Taylor

For all who may wish to showcase models, related projects, what you're using your Azgorh forces for these days, please feel free to join up on the Facebook Group for Legion of Azgorh:  Age of Sigmar: Legion of Azgorh | Facebook

I just created it a couple days ago...apparently there was no such thing anywhere!  I'll be posting my unit progress as they go.

Age of Sigmar: Legion of Azgorh | Facebook

Wasn't sure if Chaos Dwarfs Online was approving my membership so I went ahead and made a Legion of Azgorh Group.  Me thinks I'll be taking them (either as Cities or Slaves to Darkness) to Adepticon for the 1000 point event.  Probably Cities so I can use my Ironsworn and Fireglaives as Ironbreakers/Irondrakes, plus Daemonsmiths as Runelords are good.  Probably Hammerhall too, as the Bull-Centaurs and Lammasu as Demi-gryph Knights/Griffin General are also an excellent fit.

Someday this year I hope to get the Legends local games going.  Then Azgorh proper can reign supreme!

• LOVE IT! 1

• 3 months later...

I'm breaking out the old Legion to fight my friend's Soulblight vamps this week!  Using strictly the Legends Compendium, so it'll be interesting to see how it fares against a modern army full of their own army abilities and traits, etc.  

Azgorh has some solid warscrolls, and the current 'seasonal' rules might help a bit.  Gonna be an uphill battle I expect but a good experiment.  Also it will tell me if the little Duardin are worth working on for when the new Cities tome comes out.  Comparing Fireglaives to Irondrakes....the latter are so expensive (and will probably remain so) that I usually found they weren't actually worth taking.  Ironsworn are equal to Ironbreakers except also have rend-1 standard but lack the Runepriest of course.  

I'll report after, hopefully this will happen Tuesday.

Hey everyone, how would I go about painting Lapis Lazuli onto a model using Citadel Paints? 

I'm working on some Horns of Hashut and want their leather/cloth bits to look like Zhatan the Black's scheme from TWW, and just realized I don't know how to stat the paint scheme beyond Night Lords Blue....

Any and all help is appreciated.Warcry_HornsOfHashutFinal.jpg.webp.d59947a668614c2a3a4fe5aec894479e.webpUnknown.jpeg.17a946b5b1753e5c1479e3187299bef5.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/23/2023 at 6:59 PM, Lord Krungharr said:

I'll report after, hopefully this will happen Tuesday.

So… what happened 🫣

the LoA 2.0 Rules were pretty decent, but I‘m Not sure if you can prevail against the regeneration and damage a half-ambitioned LoBlood list might bring. 

On 4/27/2023 at 6:07 PM, Twisted Firaun said:

how would I go about painting Lapis Lazuli onto a model using Citadel Paints?

Well, Google Lapislazuli and Go for it… since it is a crystal, you‘ll have defined sharp edges of varying colors. Black + Blue + ICE Blue , maybe Edge highlighting with turquise 🤔

CDDDA9BA-DE7B-465D-AE6B-8FCD9110ABFD.jpeg

9C17224E-3894-461E-8C3F-872F5724EBA9.png

2 minutes ago, Honk said:

So… what happened 🫣

the LoA 2.0 Rules were pretty decent, but I‘m Not sure if you can prevail against the regeneration and damage a half-ambitioned LoBlood list might bring. 

Well, Google Lapislazuli and Go for it… since it is a crystal, you‘ll have defined sharp edges of varying colors. Black + Blue + ICE Blue , maybe Edge highlighting with turquise 🤔

CDDDA9BA-DE7B-465D-AE6B-8FCD9110ABFD.jpeg

9C17224E-3894-461E-8C3F-872F5724EBA9.png

Thanks @Honk, I've decided on using a mixture of Night Lords and Thousand Sons blue as a base, and working from there.

• LOVE IT! 1

• 4 weeks later...

Oops!  Forgot to post the report here...

Azgorh fought the new Soulblight this past week in an experimental exhibition match, in Ours for the Taking. Wanted to see how a Legends army might stack up to a modern army.

My list wasn't super hard hitting:

Tauruk (general, Battlelust, Armor of Bazherak the Cruel)

2 Daemonsmiths (one w Tunnelmaster)

2x10 Ironsworn and 1x20 Fireglaives

1x6 BullCentaurs

Deathshrieker and a Dreadquake and 2 Skull-crackers

The vamps were Legion of Blood w VLoZD (who had the ethereal save), Necromancer and Vamp Lord on foot, 5 Blood Knights and 5 Black Knights, 60 skeletons I think, 20 Grave Guard, 10 wolves and Radukar the Beast.

I scored early using Tunnel Master for Cunning Maneuver and ran the shooters up behind the Smith, and brought a skullcracker up to aid them. I put my Tauruk too far up ahead of my Bullcentaurs and he got dragoned. My right skullcracker tried to get to Radukar but the wolves redeployed to intercept it so that lasted a couple rounds. Radukar went for the Ironsworn and that was a bit of a tarpit for a while.

The bullcentaurs went for the BloodKnights and was another tarpit of melee until the VLoZD got in there.

The artillery didn't do much as skeletons just stand up. I miss my magma cannons! Skullcrackers auto-doing MW to themselves after more-power is actually even worse than the Skaven who at least have to roll some 1s on stuff, but they do the job they're supposed to do pretty well. Ended it on bottom of turn 3 15-8 as I only had my artillery and a Daemonsmith w 1 wound left, and unable to do any battle tactics.

I think with 2 magma cannons instead of the other artilleries, not losing the Tauruk so soon, and running perhaps some K'Daii Fireborn to deal with chaff, that might have helped.

343924287_959612592058299_8055826584974751988_n.jpg

343593574_955871122515662_3396687232594083191_n.jpg

343636105_153932964268754_6761248981434308690_n.jpg

343213836_795160238643406_477334786138803020_n.jpg

• LOVE IT! 1