AoS 2 - Ironjawz Discussion

Chris Tomlin

1 hour ago, NauticalSoup said:

@Malakree Those are some nice lookin' boys.

Can I ask what's up with the base colours? Especially the two-tone ones. Does it mark out units or officers or somesuch?

Two tone ones? You mean round the bases those are just to seperate the units out. I've actually just done the all blue now.

Colour scheme is real simple.

Base blue is just Macragge Blue, heavy coat of Drakenhoff Nightshade, drybrush Chronus Blue, drybrush white.
The lighter blue is a teal of some kind, maybe teclis blue hard for me to tell since I have something like 10 different blues. Then just do the same wash/drybrush.
Red is Wazdraka followed by the same wash/drybrush
Green is Waaagh Flesh. Beil-tan Green, drybrush Nibet Green, drybrush white.

Basically everything I do is base colour --> wash --> drybrush --> drybrush white. Not some of the more intricate pieces like the MK or my Troggs but yeah really simple way to make it look alright with 0 effort. The detail is just how much extra base colours I add before I wash.

EDIT: Think the greeny/blue on the orruks is Teclis nlue base.

As an example for the MK Before I washed and drybrushed it 😆27657237_10216223415204338_4935469307918103809_n.jpg.7ba8f41aa12d2bfa2b5754b461792f6e.jpg

These are a more extreme example of the same principle. Scales are Xerus Purple, Wash Druchi Violet, drybrush: Macragge, Altdorf Guard, Calagar, Hoeth, Lothar, Baharoth, Blue Horror, White in ever lighter coats. 

64901547_10220478103048875_1505468985951387648_o.jpg.48d10718d1cd570f5b03ff52c9e22be0.jpg

Edited by Malakree
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, Kasper said:

I dont know if you mean to split the current 15 man squad of Ardboyz into further 5s or if you mean you already split a 10 into 2x5 - Just keep in mind only 10+ count as battleline.

Also fyi you get 1 banner or glyph per 5, so you have to choose in a 5 man squad.

Im personally not a fan of teleporting such a huge unit of Brutes. Rolling a 8+ on 2 dice is rather risky, and if they fail the charge you likely wont have a hero around to reroll it, meaning they will be stranded and die to a countercharge.

If I teleport a unit, I want to pretty much ensure it gets into combat, hence why I pick the MK, GGs (Ironfist champ) or Ardboyz as the target.

Ye, I wrote that before I edited it and put the new list.

Anyways, With the MK moving 24 I think he can be close enough the Brutes to give them the charge reroll, I think. Furthermore, if Im not misunderstooding the rule, I can teleport the unit and then mighty ravager' them, right?

33 minutes ago, Luzgurbel said:

Anyways, With the MK moving 24 I think he can be close enough the Brutes to give them the charge reroll, I think. Furthermore, if Im not misunderstooding the rule, I can teleport the unit and then mighty ravager' them, right?

Yes, so depending on how you did it you can 

1. Teleport them out of 12" then move them with MD giving an 8" charge
  2. Teleport them, MD to charge with a reroll, if that fails charge with a RR in the charge phase.

You are guna be so CP hungry though.

3 minutes ago, Malakree said:

Yes, so depending on how you did it you can 

1. Teleport them out of 12" then move them with MD giving an 8" charge
  2. Teleport them, MD to charge with a reroll, if that fails charge with a RR in the charge phase.

You are guna be so CP hungry though.

You start with 3. You can either buy the Brooch or the Green visions to try to grant more cps.

5 hours ago, Luzgurbel said:

Ye, I wrote that before I edited it and put the new list.

Yeah thats why I prefer GGs or MK for the charge. Teleport them 12.1” away and then move 12” or 9” = 3” away from enemy.

If you do it on Brutes or Ardboyz, you are really only gaining 1” (4 movement, so from 12 to 8” away) instead of teleport 9” away. Likely better trying to charge with MD in the hero phase.

At least with Ardboyz you get +2, so you are looking at a 6” charge. Feels more reliable.

Edited by Kasper

14 hours ago, Kasper said:

Yeah thats why I prefer GGs or MK for the charge. Teleport them 12.1” away and then move 12” or 9” = 3” away from enemy.

If you do it on Brutes or Ardboyz, you are really only gaining 1” (4 movement, so from 12 to 8” away) instead of teleport 9” away. Likely better trying to charge with MD in the hero phase.

At least with Ardboyz you get +2, so you are looking at a 6” charge. Feels more reliable.

Why 12?

You teleport them at 9" from enemy, then MD and get to 5", and with the Ironjawz charge bonus, you just need a 4 to charge them.

Has anyone used the Bloodbowl guys and kitbashed them to be Ardboyz? I looked at a box the other day and was really tempted. I just feel like they will stand out too much compared to the rather static and dull look of normal Ardboyz. I have like 65 normal guys, so feels bad having to throw them all away if they don't really match together at all.

On ‎1‎/‎20‎/‎2020 at 3:07 PM, Kasper said:

It must be some huge cookie box to fit all the units. 😁

I went ahead and bought this from IKEA at around 25 USD - Significantly less than those from Magna Rack etc.

It is made of metal and it got sliders with cork on - I decided to peel the cork off (gave me more stuff for my bases!) and the dudes fit right on.

If you remove the bottom 2 sliders, a Maw Krusha can easily fit in there together with other characters/Gore Gruntas and then Ardboyz can fit in the two top rooms. 

I'm considering drilling two holes in the top and fit some kind of handle. 

image.png.1b8256aa2b0c1b8512508d46ead4982c.png

What is this called in IKEA?

6 hours ago, Kasper said:

Has anyone used the Bloodbowl guys and kitbashed them to be Ardboyz? I looked at a box the other day and was really tempted. I just feel like they will stand out too much compared to the rather static and dull look of normal Ardboyz. I have like 65 normal guys, so feels bad having to throw them all away if they don't really match together at all.

It would be more trouble than it’s worth. I own the blood bowl team. They’re mono pose with 2 repeating poses per lineman. It’s also just a totally different aesthetic. 

it could be done I’m sure... but it would be a ton of effort to the end result to mostly be just “why?”

10 minutes ago, Ravinsild said:

It would be more trouble than it’s worth. I own the blood bowl team. They’re mono pose with 2 repeating poses per lineman. It’s also just a totally different aesthetic. 

it could be done I’m sure... but it would be a ton of effort to the end result to mostly be just “why?”

Their armor etc. just looks a lot more defined. The way the Bloodbowl team is made makes them look a lot more in line with our other models. I really don't like the look of the Ardboyz. Their armor is way too smooth for me. :P Their pose also looks very static - Reminds me of warhammer fantasy where every unit was rank and file. 

Edit: Looking at them now on google, their armor plates also look very smooth and not bruised like Pigs, Brutes or Megabosses.

Edited by Kasper

Ello all!

Joining my first tournament next week and need to go do some shopping. 

I have

2x Megaboss on Maw-crusha

Megaboss on foot

And one starterpack.

I know i need a shaman. But should i drop the brutes and just go for piggys?

Allegiance: Ironjawz
- Warclan: Ironjawz
Mortal Realm: Shyish

Leaders
Megaboss on Maw-Krusha (460)
- General
- Boss Choppa and Rip-tooth fist
- Trait: Brutish Cunning 
- Artefact: Ethereal Amulet 
- Mount Trait: Weird 'Un
- Mount Trait: Mean 'Un
Orruk Warchanter (110)
- Warbeat: Get 'Em Beat
Orruk Warchanter (110)
- Warbeat: Killa Beat
Orruk Weirdnob Shaman (110)
- Lore of the Weird: Da Great Big Green Hand of Gork

Battleline
3 x Orruk Gore-gruntas (160)
- Pig-iron Choppas
5 x Orruk Brutes (140)
- Pair of Brute Choppas
- 1x Gore Choppas
5 x Orruk Brutes (140)
- Pair of Brute Choppas
- 1x Gore Choppas
5 x Orruk Brutes (140)
- Pair of Brute Choppas
- 1x Gore Choppas

Battalions
Ironfist (160)

Total: 1990 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 1
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 108

17 minutes ago, Stompa89 said:

But should i drop the brutes and just go for piggys?

The difference between a unit of 6 pigs and a unit of 3 is massive though with you having 2 mk they are prime targets for your +1 damage buff so...

Not sure, personally would never want to run ggs in 3s unless I really had to.

If you need to buy stuff then a second start collecting is amazing. All of the stuff in it is great.

And if i try this list it wont fit under 2k points. 

Leaders
- General
Orruk Warchanter (110)
Orruk Warchanter (110)

Battleline
6 x Orruk Gore-gruntas (320)
- Pig-iron Choppas
- Pig-iron Choppas

Battalions
Ironfist (160)

Total: 2050 / 2000

3 hours ago, Stompa89 said:

And if i try this list it wont fit under 2k points. 

Leaders
- General
Orruk Warchanter (110)
Orruk Warchanter (110)

Battleline
- Pig-iron Choppas
- Pig-iron Choppas

Battalions
Ironfist (160)

Total: 2050 / 2000

Yeah you're not getting double krusha, 3 support heroes, 6ggs and a battalion in your list while keeping it legal. Tbh you need to pick between 2 krusha, 3 support hero and the battalion. 2 is fine but all of them is just to much strain on the points. 

When I ran double MK I didn't have a shaman.

17 minutes ago, Stompa89 said:

Well when i first have two maw-crushas😅 hah. But i have seen some guys play with the last list, they must have dropped the battalion then or done something wrong. Isnt the shaman good for the teleport spell? Hand of Gork.

From what I have seen, people with double Maw Krusha typically run 4x3 pigs, 2 MK, 2 warchanter and then the ironfist batallion and CP.