Let's chat Stormcast Eternals

Requizen

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

6 hours ago, ZephyrExia said:

Hello all!

I figured it's best to ask this question here; With the starter set Lord on Dracoth, if I were to attach a shield to his arm, would the prosecutor shield fit (or is there a forearm attached to the underside?), would a round shield from the 'upgrade' packs work, do the dracothian guard shields fit?

Just want to know before I make a rash decisions. 

Cheers!

Prosecutor shields fit just fine :D

There's no forearm attached, it glues comfortably to the LCoD's arm

16864763_10155068139575816_3872523972013275072_n.jpg

10 hours ago, Iradekhorne said:

the leader of the judicators with boolstorm crossbows do mortal wounds

I would just take the bow for the prime as usual no matter what the rest of the juds have.

The only time I've trialled the mw crossbow is on a regular judicator in a bow unit.

On 25/02/2017 at 3:02 AM, Havek said:

I am thinking about running this list for an upcoming event. List construction follows Vanguard, but at 1500 points. 

It will be three random missions from the GHB, so I wanted to try to make it diverse. 

My biggest thing is I am not sure how viable the Prime is at 1500. 

IMG_7301.PNG

I just won a 3-game tournament with the Prime in 1,200 points.

He is incredible. I found it was much better to drop him early. Game one, I dropped him turn 3 and he barely made an impact as we ran out of time. Game two, I dropped him turn 1 and he won the game for me by using his dice ability to either ensure 6" range for his comet, or ensure 3 mortal wounds on a hero. Game three, I dropped him turn 2 so he could fight a bit and still shoot. This was three places of power, and again he won the game by killing a hero, and shooting two others off. The 24 inch range is massive and I found in these smaller games his shooting is better than his combat.

One thing I would say is that it might be worth supporting him with a Relictor rather than a Venator. Prime and judicators is more than enough shooting. Relictor can heal him up if need be, and teleport him around the board once he's landed. Drop him, nuke stuff, when you need to just teleport him somewhere else for more nuking. 

Swapping for a Relictor, cutting the hound, and swapping to javelin prosecutors gives you 100 points for a third hero if three places of power comes up. Not saying it's better, but it's an option if you've got the models. Good luck!

Regarding the raptor debate the better choise are the Longstrike ones. It is not only a matter of damage output (which unless you're facing a unit of 5+ save and the hurricane ones have not moved the longstrike are better) but also a matter of range. 12 inches more range is a huge difference if they remain stationed and 6 inches when both units move is again substantial.

Going even further I also prefer the Judicators with Skybolt Bows to the hurricane raptors as they have also +6 inches range, does not have to remain stationed to fully function and have the rend and the reroll of 1s vs chaos which I find more usefull than the -2 to charge range. On top of that they are battleline.

Another advantage the Judicators have (and this advantage apllies vs the longstrike raptors too) is that they have 4 (80%) more wounds. On top pf that since the prime with the shockbolt bow does half and more the job of the unit they can suffer 9 wounds and still function to a good extent while the raptors will be long dead...

On 23/02/2017 at 10:25 PM, Ian R said:

Gryph Hounds.  Just bought the box of 6.  I play mainly 2,000 points tournament games.  My question is: is there an effective use for them in the game?

I think the most effective way to use lots of Gryph-Hounds might be to run them all as separate units for board control and speed bump purposes. 

They can be very potential to at messing up sylvaneth teleporting shenanigans by both board control and their warning cry ability works separately for each unit (I. E. Single model) of Gryph-Hounds 

Situational but hilarious

Going by my own model count, I can get 3 of the normal battalions in a 2000 point list.. Not sure if it helps the structure in anyway, but at least this can be done

Allegiance: Stormcast Eternals

Leaders
Knight Azyros (80)
- Mystic Light: Fury Brand
Lord Relictor (80)
- Prayer: Lightning Chariot
- Mystic Light: Fury Brand
Lord Celestant (100)
- General
- Trait: Shielded by Faith - Stormcast Eternals
- Artefact: Strife Ender
Knight Venator (120)
- Artefact: Luckstone
Lord Castellant (100)
Knight Azyros (80)

Battleline
5 x Liberators (100)
- Warhammers
5 x Liberators (100)
- Warhammers
5 x Liberators (100)
- Warhammers
5 x Judicators (160)
- Skybolt Bows
- Stormcast Eternals Battleline
5 x Judicators (160)
- Skybolt Bows

Units
5 x Paladin Retributors (220)
3 x Prosecutors with Stormcall Javelins (80)

Battalions
Thunderhead Brotherhood (80)
Hammerstrike Force (120)
Lords of the Storm (100)

Total: 2000/2000

am i the only one who is a bit sad to see that many of our formation are much more expensive than before (devastation brotherhood, vanguard wing and lord of the storm) making our formation like exemplar and harbinger chamber impossible to use at 2000 pts ? 

Same thing for the vanguard auxiliary conclave. We can't use it at 2000 pts (too expensive).

It's impossible to have a "sure" teleportation list in 2000 pts and lot of our formation really shine at 3000-4000 pts.

1 hour ago, ledha said:

am i the only one who is a bit sad to see that many of our formation are much more expensive than before (devastation brotherhood, vanguard wing and lord of the storm) making our formation like exemplar and harbinger chamber impossible to use at 2000 pts ? 

Same thing for the vanguard auxiliary conclave. We can't use it at 2000 pts (too expensive).

It's impossible to have a "sure" teleportation list in 2000 pts and lot of our formation really shine at 3000-4000 pts.

I think they did this on purpose. They've noticed WB was pretty op and have shifted the meta of the army. 

Personally i think the new flexibility of the army makes up for WB. 

10 hours ago, Grailstorm said:

I just won a 3-game tournament with the Prime in 1,200 points.

He is incredible. I found it was much better to drop him early. Game one, I dropped him turn 3 and he barely made an impact as we ran out of time. Game two, I dropped him turn 1 and he won the game for me by using his dice ability to either ensure 6" range for his comet, or ensure 3 mortal wounds on a hero. Game three, I dropped him turn 2 so he could fight a bit and still shoot. This was three places of power, and again he won the game by killing a hero, and shooting two others off. The 24 inch range is massive and I found in these smaller games his shooting is better than his combat.

One thing I would say is that it might be worth supporting him with a Relictor rather than a Venator. Prime and judicators is more than enough shooting. Relictor can heal him up if need be, and teleport him around the board once he's landed. Drop him, nuke stuff, when you need to just teleport him somewhere else for more nuking. 

Swapping for a Relictor, cutting the hound, and swapping to javelin prosecutors gives you 100 points for a third hero if three places of power comes up. Not saying it's better, but it's an option if you've got the models. Good luck!

My modyfication:

Leaders
Celestant-Prime (360)
Lord Relictor (80)
- General
- Trait: Staunch Defender - Stormcast Eternals
- Artefact: Spellshield 
- Prayer: Lightning Chariot
Knight Azyros (80)
- Mystic Light: Fury Brand

Battleline
5 x Judicators (160)
- Skybolt Bows
- 1x Shockbolt Bow
- Stormcast Eternals Battleline
5 x Judicators (160)
- Skybolt Bows
- 1x Shockbolt Bow

Units
- 2x Starsoul Mace
- 2x Starsoul Mace
3 x Prosecutors with Celestial Hammers (100)
- Celestial Hammers

Battalions
Hammerstrike Force (120)

Total: 1500/1500

Lord Relictor's role: Save buff for snipers, healing C-P, Unbinding spells, great mobility (teleporting medic)

Knight Azyro's role: re-rolls for snipers, mystical light for C-P (+1 attack)

15 hours ago, Olincay said:

Depending on your local meta it will matter

alot of tournaments are measured from base to base. 

I did not think even the bigger tournaments mandated a certain base size.  I didn't mean the measuring base to base part, as far as I know that is the way everyone does it.

45 minutes ago, Caladancid said:

I did not think even the bigger tournaments mandated a certain base size.  I didn't mean the measuring base to base part, as far as I know that is the way everyone does it.

I think in most cases going smaller is a kind of 'basing for advantage' thing. So people can go a little bigger with less fuss usually (depending on the event).

So in this case maybe magnetise and put them all on the longstrike ovals?

My modyfication:

Leaders
Celestant-Prime (360)
Lord Relictor (80)
- General
- Trait: Staunch Defender - Stormcast Eternals
- Artefact: Spellshield 
- Prayer: Lightning Chariot
Knight Azyros (80)
- Mystic Light: Fury Brand

Battleline
5 x Judicators (160)
- Skybolt Bows
- 1x Shockbolt Bow
5 x Judicators (160)
- Skybolt Bows
- 1x Shockbolt Bow

Units
- 2x Starsoul Mace
- 2x Starsoul Mace
- Celestial Hammers

Battalions
Hammerstrike Force (120)

Total: 1500/1500

Lord Relictor's role: Save buff for snipers, healing C-P, Unbinding spells, great mobility (teleporting medic)
Knight Azyro's role: re-rolls for snipers, mystical light for C-P (+1 attack)

I love it, will look into it. I appreciate it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Turragor said:

I think in most cases going smaller is a kind of 'basing for advantage' thing. So people can go a little bigger with less fuss usually (depending on the event).

So in this case maybe magnetise and put them all on the longstrike ovals?

I dunno. I haven't seen a single large tournament like the LVO or Adepticon where any mention whatsoever is made of bases, other than base to base measurement. If this has changed I would like to see it. What if you wanted to be using square bases still? As far as I can tell, you could even do that at big tournaments.

The longstrike ovals are a pain, which is why I won't be using them with any of the new models. I am also considering putting the Lord Aquilor on a Vanguard-Pallador base, the larger one just seems too big.

-edit

Just as I finished writing this, my simultaneous search came up with the rules for this year's tournament at adepticon which does say that bases must be at least as big as the base they were supplied with.

4 hours ago, Caladancid said:

I dunno. I haven't seen a single large tournament like the LVO or Adepticon where any mention whatsoever is made of bases, other than base to base measurement. If this has changed I would like to see it. What if you wanted to be using square bases still? As far as I can tell, you could even do that at big tournaments.

The longstrike ovals are a pain, which is why I won't be using them with any of the new models. I am also considering putting the Lord Aquilor on a Vanguard-Pallador base, the larger one just seems too big.

-edit

Just as I finished writing this, my simultaneous search came up with the rules for this year's tournament at adepticon which does say that bases must be at least as big as the base they were supplied with.

Yeah, using a smaller base is a BIG no-no in tournament play. At best people will think you're lazy.

9 hours ago, ledha said:

You can still take warrior brotherhood and skyborne slayers (as of right now unless your TO has made a ruling.)

When you make a charge move with the master of the skies ability from the Tempest lords formation do you have to land as close as you can or can you choose to land outside of 3 inch from the enemy even if you rolled high enough to get within 1/2 inch? It is really good if you can because then you can strike first in every fight because the enemy unit can´t pile in beacause they dont have enemy models within 3 but you can because you have made a charge move.

3 minutes ago, Mikeboll said:

When you make a charge move with the master of the skies ability from the Tempest lords formation do you have to land as close as you can or can you choose to land outside of 3 inch from the enemy even if you rolled high enough to get within 1/2 inch? It is really good if you can because then you can strike first in every fight because the enemy unit can´t pile in beacause they dont have enemy models within 3 but you can because you have made a charge move.

You don't need to finish within any distance. I tried to work out the full implications of that formation rule here:

I still want to test this formation out, it seems so cool.

Tempest lords lists:

Leaders
Lord Celestant On Stardrake (600)
- General
- Celestine Hammer
- Artefact: Armor of Silvered Sigmarite
- Stardrake Trait: Star-branded

Battleline
5 x Judicators (160)
- Skybolt Bows
5 x Judicators (160)
- Skybolt Bows
10 x Liberators (200)
- Warhammers

Units
6 x Prosecutors with Stormcall Javelins (160)

Battalions
Tempest Lords Harbinger Chamber (140)
Vanguard Wing (100)

If you dont want to paint 24 prosecutors I Think it also can be good to add the prime to the list for more combat Power:

Leaders
- General
- Celestine Hammer
- Trait: Staunch Defender - Stormcast Eternals
Celestant-Prime (360)

Battleline
5 x Judicators (160)
- Skybolt Bows
5 x Judicators (160)
- Skybolt Bows
5 x Liberators (100)
- Warhammers

Units
- Celestial Hammers
- Celestial Hammers

Battalions
Vanguard Wing (100)

Total: 1980/2000

1 hour ago, Mikeboll said:

Tempest lords lists:

Leaders
- General
- Celestine Hammer

Battleline
5 x Judicators (160)
- Skybolt Bows
5 x Judicators (160)
- Skybolt Bows
10 x Liberators (200)
- Warhammers

Units

Battalions
Vanguard Wing (100)

If you dont want to paint 24 prosecutors I Think it also can be good to add the prime to the list for more combat Power:

Leaders
- General
- Celestine Hammer
- Trait: Staunch Defender - Stormcast Eternals
Celestant-Prime (360)

Battleline
5 x Judicators (160)
- Skybolt Bows
5 x Judicators (160)
- Skybolt Bows
5 x Liberators (100)
- Warhammers

Units
- Celestial Hammers
- Celestial Hammers

Battalions
Vanguard Wing (100)

Total: 1980/2000

I feel like I want a relictor in there and I only want stormcall javelins.

I also feel like in this list you'd be so on your toes trying to keep the prosecutors out of charge distance harassing all the time if you didn't have a big lumpy liberator block to help you out each movement phase where the board needs it. So at least 15 of those for me, maybe 20.

They get the 6 on hit double wounds too - which also applies to the single jud unit in the formation so I'd maybe pump that up.

I'm almost looking at something like:

Allegiance: Order

Leaders
- Celestine Hammer
Lord Relictor (80)

Battleline
10 x Judicators (320)
- Skybolt Bows
15 x Liberators (300)
- Warhammers
5 x Liberators (100)
- Warhammers

Units

Battalions
Vanguard Wing (100)

Total: 1960/2000

(It still needs fully customised)

Which I might try.

But looking at it Im wondering how I deliver a big 'punch' when I need it (say stonehorns, a lump of elite infantry etc) and what do I do against alphastriking right on the stardrake?

Basically, I should decide if I'm full in for the Vanguard Wing or full in for the Tempest Lords bonuses. The list I have there is full in for Vanguard wing and maybe that's too weak.

What about this utter nonsense!?

Leaders
Lord Relictor (80)
Lord Relictor (80)
Lord Celestant (100)

Battleline
5 x Judicators (160)
- Skybolt Bows
5 x Liberators (100)
- Warhammers
5 x Liberators (100)
- Warhammers

Units
10 x Paladin Protectors (400)

Battalions
Vanguard Wing (100)
Hammerstrike Force (120)

I think what I need to do is get a very firm idea of my list's aim and build around that. All these new toys have me trying to grasp the core of multiple good lists in a single list.

2 hours ago, Turragor said:

I feel like I want a relictor in there and I only want stormcall javelins.

I also feel like in this list you'd be so on your toes trying to keep the prosecutors out of charge distance harassing all the time if you didn't have a big lumpy liberator block to help you out each movement phase where the board needs it. So at least 15 of those for me, maybe 20.

They get the 6 on hit double wounds too - which also applies to the single jud unit in the formation so I'd maybe pump that up.

I'm almost looking at something like:

Leaders
- Celestine Hammer
Lord Relictor (80)

Battleline
10 x Judicators (320)
- Skybolt Bows
15 x Liberators (300)
- Warhammers
5 x Liberators (100)
- Warhammers

Units

Battalions
Vanguard Wing (100)

Total: 1960/2000

(It still needs fully customised)

Which I might try.

But looking at it Im wondering how I deliver a big 'punch' when I need it (say stonehorns, a lump of elite infantry etc) and what do I do against alphastriking right on the stardrake?

Basically, I should decide if I'm full in for the Vanguard Wing or full in for the Tempest Lords bonuses. The list I have there is full in for Vanguard wing and maybe that's too weak.

What about this utter nonsense!?

Leaders
Lord Relictor (80)
Lord Relictor (80)
Lord Celestant (100)

Battleline
5 x Judicators (160)
- Skybolt Bows
5 x Liberators (100)
- Warhammers
5 x Liberators (100)
- Warhammers

Units
10 x Paladin Protectors (400)

Battalions
Vanguard Wing (100)
Hammerstrike Force (120)

I think what I need to do is get a very firm idea of my list's aim and build around that. All these new toys have me trying to grasp the core of multiple good lists in a single list.

You are basically getting no bonuses from the vanguard wing or tempest lords battalions at that point.   Better off with a different Chamber imo.

Just now, OlDirtyCosta said:

You are basically getting no bonuses from the vanguard wing or tempest lords battalions at that point.   Better off with a different Chamber imo.

Yes I think the LCoSD and:

10 x Judicators (320)
- Skybolt Bows
15 x Liberators (300)

Is the better option.

Used the Lord-Veritant in a tourney last night and he didn't do much at all. With Skyborne there wasn't much to teleport and with only one Wizard per army at most, he wasn't doing much from a dispelling point. He did use his 2 damage weapon a couple times and teleport onto objectives, but I feel that other characters could have done more.

The Relictor, though, was great. Lightning Strike sniped off characters and kept important units at -1 hit for extended periods of time. Do you know what Morghasts with -1 to hit do? Fail to kill Liberators and secure victory for the Stormcast.

And once again, the Prime proves to be about 100 points too expensive :( Even if they just put 1 or 2 extra attacks on his baseline so we didn't have to wait so long to bring him in it would be enough.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

Archived