Let's chat Stormcast Eternals

Requizen

On 06.10.2017 at 4:28 PM, kozokus said:

Eeeer.. Wouldn't say that. Skyborn is one of the last reliable way of getting very close to the ennemy without risk.

I used this battalion, "battle for the pass" scenario, but I fell to a very unattractive position. Winning the match depends on the scenario and you must reach the objectives.  Skyborne Slayers contain half of the army, restricts transportation. You can't go anyhow. Paladins are already move to 4. I think hammerstrike force is better than SS. And most important thing Skyborne Slayers battalion is 240 points?! Really.. :(

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Nun said:

I used this battalion, "battle for the pass" scenario, but I fell to a very unattractive position. Winning the match depends on the scenario and you must reach the objectives.  Skyborne Slayers contain half of the army, restricts transportation. You can't go anyhow. Paladins are already move to 4. I think hammerstrike force is better than SS. And most important thing Skyborne Slayers battalion is 240 points?! Really.. :(

The thing to note about Skyborne is that only units have to be within 12" of the point you choose. So you can put one Paladin 12" from your point and extend it wherever you feel like. Super easy to get Judicators onto midfield objectives while still putting Protectors and Decimators into your opponent's frontline or even backline. 

Something I’m going to mess about with Monday. Skinks for chaff / chariot objective grabbers. The rest will do as it says on the tin 

Allegiance: Stormcast Eternals

Leaders
Lord-Celestant On Stardrake (560)
- General
- Celestine Hammer
- Trait: Staunch Defender  
- Artefact: Mirrorshield  
- Stardrake Trait: Thunderlord
Lord-Castellant (100)
Lord-Relictor (80)
Knight-Heraldor (120)

Battleline
5 x Judicators (160)
- Skybolt Bows
- Stormcast Eternals Battleline
5 x Judicators (160)
- Skybolt Bows
5 x Judicators (160)
- Skybolt Bows
30 x Skinks (180)
- Boltspitters & Star Bucklers

Units
4 x Fulminators (480)

Reinforcement Points (0)

Total: 2000 / 2000
Allies: 0 / 400

you guys think this list have any chance of winning on the competitive scene?

Leaders
Lord-Celestant (100)
- General
- Trait: Staunch Defender
- Artefact: Mirrorshield
Lord-Castellant (100)
- Mystic Light: Lantern of the Tempest
Knight-Heraldor (120)

Battleline
10 x Judicators (320)
- Skybolt Bows
- Stormcast Eternals Battleline
30 x Liberators (520)
- Warhammer & Shield
- 6x Grandhammers
5 x Liberators (100)
- Warhammers

Units
3 x Prosecutors with Stormcall Javelins (100)
2 x Fulminators (240)

Battalions
Vanguard Wing (200)

Reinforcement Points (0)

Total: 2000 / 2000
Allies: 0 / 400

23 minutes ago, bolderiz101 said:

you guys think this list have any chance of winning on the competitive scene?

Leaders
Lord-Celestant (100)
- General
- Trait: Staunch Defender
- Artefact: Mirrorshield
Lord-Castellant (100)
- Mystic Light: Lantern of the Tempest
Knight-Heraldor (120)

Battleline
10 x Judicators (320)
- Skybolt Bows
- Stormcast Eternals Battleline
30 x Liberators (520)
- Warhammer & Shield
- 6x Grandhammers
5 x Liberators (100)
- Warhammers

Units
2 x Fulminators (240)

Battalions
Vanguard Wing (200)

Reinforcement Points (0)

Total: 2000 / 2000
Allies: 0 / 400

Honestly? Iffy at best. You can tie up a lot with the Vanguard Wing but only 2 Fulminators don't put out enough punch and there's not that much damage in the army. Might get some cheeky wins on objectives but can't slug it out against top lists imo. I would drop the Fulminators and Castellant and focus on more shooting overall if I was going to go Vanguard.

2 hours ago, Requizen said:

Honestly? Iffy at best. You can tie up a lot with the Vanguard Wing but only 2 Fulminators don't put out enough punch and there's not that much damage in the army. Might get some cheeky wins on objectives but can't slug it out against top lists imo. I would drop the Fulminators and Castellant and focus on more shooting overall if I was going to go Vanguard.

i played like 5-6 games to try it out and dmg out put was never a problem the struggle is the assassination on key target if they bubble wrap good but between the 4+ double wound roll on grandhammers and the d6+1 wound roll on the judi i feel comfortable with the dmg i can do . (kille like 8 tzentch in 1 turn) with only like 10 libs and i one shoted many times the kind of maw crusha and glothkins but the real point is army that are good in close combat too like khorne destroys me badly any thought?

8 hours ago, bolderiz101 said:

i played like 5-6 games to try it out and dmg out put was never a problem the struggle is the assassination on key target if they bubble wrap good but between the 4+ double wound roll on grandhammers and the d6+1 wound roll on the judi i feel comfortable with the dmg i can do . (kille like 8 tzentch in 1 turn) with only like 10 libs and i one shoted many times the kind of maw crusha and glothkins but the real point is army that are good in close combat too like khorne destroys me badly any thought?

Just stick a LCOSD in there. It did pretty well recently 

I'm thinking of running this. I know it's kinda eggs in one basket but I think it could be fun;

Leaders (5/6)

Lord-Castellant - 100

Mystic Light: Latern of the Tempest

Lord-Celestant - 100

General

Trait:  Consummate Commander 

Artifact: Mirror Shield

Vandus Hammerhand - 280

Lord-Relictor - 80

Prayer: Bless Weapons

Artifact: Relic Blade

Seraphon Starpriest - 80

Battleline

5 Judicators - 160

4 Skybolt Bolts, 1 Shockbow

5 Judicators - 160

30 Liberators - 540

24 Warhammer, 6 Grandhammer

Units

3 Prosecutors w/Dual Celestial Hammers - 100

Battalions
Vanguard Wing - 200

Allies: 80

Drops: 7

The idea is to super enhance the Liberators obviously. Prosecutors give me the ability to shift around if needed and the Judicators try and hold objectives. Doesn't have a ton of tricks and if you can drop the Liberators hard early or any of the main characters it can go ugly fast but if they give me first turn and try for the double I can make them suffer for it.  I'm sure people out there are using something similar but I wanted to discuss.

6 hours ago, Hulksmash said:

I'm thinking of running this. I know it's kinda eggs in one basket but I think it could be fun;

Leaders (5/6)

Lord-Castellant - 100

Lord-Celestant - 100

General

Vandus Hammerhand - 280

Lord-Relictor - 80

Seraphon Starpriest - 80

Battleline

5 Judicators - 160

5 Judicators - 160

30 Liberators - 540

Units

Battalions
Vanguard Wing - 200

The idea is to super enhance the Liberators obviously. Prosecutors give me the ability to shift around if needed and the Judicators try and hold objectives. Doesn't have a ton of tricks and if you can drop the Liberators hard early or any of the main characters it can go ugly fast but if they give me first turn and try for the double I can make them suffer for it.  I'm sure people out there are using something similar but I wanted to discuss.

Why vandus ? He’s really not that good 

Vandus is essentially there because he adds +1 Attack for the liberators. With the combo of the celestent adding +1 to hit, him adding +1 attack, and the Relictor possibly adding additonal attacks  and the battalion adding additional wound rolls on 5's and 6's to hit means you put out a pretty insane numbers of attacks/wounds. Plus his hammer is straight 3 damage instead of d3. 

On 10/13/2017 at 9:20 PM, Hulksmash said:

Leaders (5/6)

Lord-Castellant - 100

Lord-Celestant - 100

General

Vandus Hammerhand - 280

Lord-Relictor - 80

Seraphon Starpriest - 80

Battleline

5 Judicators - 160

5 Judicators - 160

30 Liberators - 540

Units

Battalions
Vanguard Wing - 200

For starters this list is illegal because you have too many artifacts

Also dual hammers on prosecutors are not great. You should use Javelins instead.

Misread it. Thought it was like prayers. Then I'd drop the relic blade or the lantern. As for the Prosecutors before the point bump to 100 I'd have agreed on javelins. But the hammers offer on slightly lower damage at range, double the damage in CC, and have only slightly less survivability for the same point cost as the javelins so I'm in favor of the hammers now. 

57 minutes ago, Hulksmash said:

Misread it. Thought it was like prayers. Then I'd drop the relic blade or the lantern. As for the Prosecutors before the point bump to 100 I'd have agreed on javelins. But the hammers offer on slightly lower damage at range, double the damage in CC, and have only slightly less survivability for the same point cost as the javelins so I'm in favor of the hammers now. 

But you don’t want prosecutors in melee what so ever. Javelins are awesome at +9” for the bonus damage and great hunting low wound heroes (at range) 

Friends, I need a little bit of help.

My significant one is a great sculpturer, creating her own little wonders. So I've asked for a custom Stardrake to be mounted by Lord Celestant. I've butchered the starter Celestant on drake to have a raider already.  But in order to the model the same size as original (no need to confuse your opponents), we need some measurements - in centimeters if it's not too big of a drag. Could someone please take his regular Stardrake and measure him from tip of the tail to his head and from his top point to the ground? With a front and side picture to back it, from a ground level if possible? We want to make him bulkier and somehow more wild looking than the regular one, but in roughly the same shape/size. I know this may sound silly but... here is the WIP on the head. I WANT THE REST OF IT

DSC_0556.jpg

7 hours ago, Oglok said:

Guys, haven't noticed it in the topic. What do you think about Neave Blacktalon and her battalion? Thinking on the list based on it adding Aquilor , Venator and judicators with liberators for battleline.

I’ve not thought much about the battalion, but I’m looking to play about with Neave and a  unit of palladors as a highly mobile kill team/distraction. 

9 hours ago, Oglok said:

Guys, haven't noticed it in the topic. What do you think about Neave Blacktalon and her battalion? Thinking on the list based on it adding Aquilor , Venator and judicators with liberators for battleline.

Ive used it a couple of times, though ive never been able to actually get Naeve into combat with what she wants, wish she could hitch a ride with hunters, but that's besides the point. 

The extra mobility is great for the raptors as it doesnt detract from their range/number of shots. The palladors have been simply amazing, with my awful experiences with Prosecutors, palladors seem like fixed prosecutors. Hunters have been fine, wish they could take a grand weapon, but the shooting attacks are fine. All in all, palladors and raptors (and birds) are the only ones that usually get any use out of the battalion movement, as for the +1 to hit, it helps a lot for hunters and palladors!

I've also used that battalion and in my experience Hunters are still garbage, Neave is too slow but super threatening if your opponent looks away for even a second, the raptors really like being able to reposition and still shoot 30" and it makes Palladors as good as they should have been anyway for 220pts.

Blacktalon's shadowhammers is pretty much the only way to run a moderately competitve vanguard army that actually uses Palladors and Hunters.

Archived