Let's chat Stormcast Eternals

Requizen

Compared to the normal LCoD he is pure dammage incarnate.

Still unless you really want to do something with the command ability, or "lord of hammerhands" you should consider taking a unit of concussors. More dammage, more resistance (and more body)

The lack of the shield + Staunch defender makes something else.

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes but +1 attack is very powerful i think. Combine that with a hammerstrike force and you will destroy everything i think. 3 Attacks on Retributors, 4 Attacks on Protectors and 4 Attacks on Fulminators. Sounds very strong to me. Also you can use celestant on foot as general with consumate commander.(+1hit+1atk).(+1towound hammerstrike)And i think you can also give his dracoth a dracoth trade. You only loose staunch defender but still can get an artefact for youre lc or a mystic light for youre castellant.

Just comparing Rets with +1 hit vs +1 attacks, I think they're pretty similar in expected damage. The +1 hit should output about 7.3 mortals and 7.3 damage at rend -1, while the +1 attacks will do less mortals (5.33) but more damage at rend -1 (10.66, unless my math is off). Probably depends on how heavily armored your target is. Consummate Commander would be brilliant, allowing two units of Rets to really maximize the pain. 

7 hours ago, SpiritofHokuto said:

Overall it's going to cost you 920 for the mandatory Thunderhead Brotherhood with 4 Liberator squads as well as the Hammers of Sigmar Warrior Chamber so 1200 in total.

Going to cost more, as his battleshock ability only affects units in the Warrior chamber battalion. A lord celestant can only be taken in the battalion as a part of the lords of the storm. So, assuming min points its about 1720, for the Warrior Brotherhood, Lords of the storm, and Thunderhead, plus all the models therein. 

IMO way too many points to be a viable choice. 280 for his command trait is iffy due to its range, but for him to be used at his full potential 1720 pts min is outrageous.

1 hour ago, ZephyrExia said:

A lord celestant can only be taken in the battalion as a part of the lords of the storm.

As long as you have fulfilled the requirements for the thunderhead brohood, you can take single stormcast units in the hammer of sigmar formation.

19 minutes ago, kozokus said:

As long as you have fulfilled the requirements for the thunderhead brohood, you can take single stormcast units in the hammer of sigmar formation.

You are correct. I've looked at the battalions countless times, and yet I've never actually seen that. Something in my brain must be out of whack. 

My apologies for the misinformation.

i feel like he gives the same as a celestial vindicators sf i dont know if he is usable but maybe he will be more in line with the ghb 2

That said , I wonder if shooting will be bought in line with 40ks rules swinging the favour back into melee units

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 2017. 6. 21. at 4:22 AM, CountryMou3e said:

That said , I wonder if shooting will be bought in line with 40ks rules swinging the favour back into melee units

One of the booklets included in the new starter set "Thunder and Blood" shows the cover of 2017 General's Handbook.

So we can be confident about the 2nd edition of General's Handbook released this year. 

That said, I agree with you and hope that shooting receives penalties.

For example, disallowing shooting into close combat.

However, no matter how much I wish for it, I doubt such change would be implemented into game.

Such change would require major adjustment of points cost for shooting units, as their combat effectiveness would decrease drastically.

One of the booklets included in the new starter set "Thunder and Blood" shows the cover of 2017 General's Handbook.
So we can be confident about the 2nd edition of General's Handbook released this year. 
That said, I agree with you and hope that shooting receives penalties.
For example, disallowing shooting into close combat.

However, no matter how much I wish for it, I doubt such change would be implemented into game.
Such change would require major adjustment of points cost for shooting units, as their combat effectiveness would decrease drastically.

If there's no fundamental change to shooting we may see our longstrikes go up in cost along with skyfires and kunins etc

7 hours ago, CountryMou3e said:

If there's no fundamental change to shooting we may see our longstrikes go up in cost along with skyfires and kunins etc

Wouldnt the cost go down if there are penalties to shooting? 

Ill be annoyed if i have to pay more but get less out of the unit. 

Wouldnt the cost go down if there are penalties to shooting? 
Ill be annoyed if i have to pay more but get less out of the unit. 

That's why I said if there was 'no' fundamental change to shooting, the cost may well go up.

My second buy was the Start Collecting Box, I used the Greatsword, Greathammer and the Greathammer from the Prosecutors, to get 3 fullequiped units of liberators.

The Prosecutors also come with 4 Shields, you can use one shield for your Celestant on Dracoth.

Now that the 40k release is calming down, can get back to AoS. New game is pretty good but Sigmar still has its hooks in me.

Got a tournament coming up, thinking of running this:

Lord-Castellant: General, Staunch Defender, Lantern of the Tempest
Knight-Venator: Luckstone
Knight-Azyros
Knight-Heraldor

Judicators - Bows
Judicators - Bows
Judicators - Crossbows

Aetherwings
Aetherwings
Protectors x5: 2x Starsoul
Hurricane Raptors
Longstrike Raptors x9

Aetherstrike Battalion

2000/2000

Feels like a pretty standard Aetherstrike list, just tried to shove the Heraldor in there for anti-Sylvaneth tech and I'm expecting the tables to be terrain dense. Not sure about the Crossbow Judicators but I had Libbies and 60 points left over so I think it'll be ok.

Should I go for less Longstrikes?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

I often see stormcast-only armies in battreps / tournaments and the question is why?

You can get some nice synergy buffs from Hurricahum, battlemage, Sisters of thorn + some other units so as result you'll get really strong army without need to pay points for battalion.

So unit of 15 liberators with 3 2h weapons can be awesome: Mystic shield gives 3+ save, Sisters of thorn give reroll save, Hurricanum gives bubble of +1 to hit. So it can be really immortal battleline which can really hold lot of pressure while ranged units with +1 to hit buffs can destroy everything.

I'm finally finishing up my unit of vanguard palladors I bought when they released.
I'm thinking of using them more as shock Calvary, but was unsure how others having success with them.

I use mine for early objective taking and back field harassment. One of my favourite units for sure

Hmm...
9 Aetherstrike Longstrikes + 5 Protectors or 6 Aetherstrike Longstrikes + 10 Protectors? 9 seems like a bit overkill, and having more Protectors seems like a strong midfield unit.

Personally I'd go 6 and then more protectors

Archived