Terrain advice for Age of Sigmar

Hi everyone I was wondering if I could get a little help. Im planning to get some friends to try AoS so wsnt to get a proper board with terrain. I have two 1k point armies (Legiins of Nagash and Nurgle daemons) almost ready to rock and was wondering if I could get feedback on what I plan to get.

I play 40k too so most of the stuff im going to get im trying to make universal. Theme is going to be a nurgle infested area of shyss. Because of what points im playing it will be 4x2 for now as well.

So the shopping list so far will be trio of sylvaneth trees (how do they look without the leaves?) and nurge trees. I have some old crators that im gonna turn to gunge ponds for some impassible areas. Realmgates which will double as daemon world nonsense for 40k and the big grave set.

Would it be too much for the space we are playing on or too little? The nurgle trees I'll just use as terrain for when they aint being used by nurgle too of course.

Thanks in advance for any tips.

Well, I have the opinion that you really cannot have too much terrain in a wargame - with the caveat that the terrain should be built so that it is functional within that game system.

The terrain you have sounds like more than enough for the space that you have described. You might want to get at least one large piece that can completely block line of sight to a unit or monster - something like a building, ruin, big rocky formation, etc.

The citadel woods look great without the leaves. They look like gnarled spooky trees without the leaves on them.  I have a few boxes and I purchased them specifically because I wanted gnarled dead looking trees for a badlands themed board and GW trees fit that better than what any other manufacturer makes.   

Thanks for the feedback I'll grab the Skullmanse then for a big dominating centre piece I think. One of those kits I've always loved the look of and have it being infested by nurgle too. Maybe gunge pouring out of huge skulls and spare nurgles hiding. Good to hear the trees work good without leaves too!

Cheers boss.

Both armies don't offer a lot of shooting so Line of Sight blocking terrain is less of an issue but movement blocking terrain creating funnels and paths mak the game so much better. So I second @Skabnoze sounds like you have a good mix of terrain! 

5 minutes ago, MacDuff said:

I glued model railroad foam flock on my citadel woods and they look ace. I even added extra arms and heads and swords from the big tree man kits for truly WILD Woods.

A picture would be awesome (just bought 3 and still unsure how to assemble the trees) ?

Thanks everyone for all the tips im gonna spend work today desgining it out on paper. Going to go for a nurgle held area of the undead realm and then double it up as a nurgle daemon world. I'll be sure to post some pics when I make a bit of progress, may have to repaint my rob board as well to match it up. 

• 1 month later...
On 7/12/2018 at 3:40 AM, AaronWIlson said:

I really want to do a realm of life table, with lush forests and big jungle plants. Anyone got some good ideas for me? :D

I'm thinking of doing a deep dark forest in Ghur for my spiderfang.  Sort of like Mirkwood, but with the trees and plants growing out of the half-buried bones of giant monsters.

Archived