Help Me Transport Nagash

heywoah_twitch

My method (magnetized base) only works for driving.  Flying?  My suggestion would be to head out a week early to whatever event your attending and buy & paint a new one there.  Sure, it'll cost you thousands of extra dollars in travel and lodging and missed work, not to mention the cost of the model itself, but still...

Buy a suitcase that's impact resistant, one of the hard shell ones. Then buy a tupperware container big enough to hold Nagash laying down. Pad the container with some bubble wrap and shredded packing paper, basically you want to entomb Nagash so much that the model doesn't shift around that much. If the container is secure in your suitcase, it should survive pretty well.

I've done this and so far the only damage to the model was, weirdly, one of his little face tassels came off. I just snipped the other one off to make it even and called it a day.

I'd agree with the above suggestions, very much a case of securing the model in place so that it can't move and then padding so any impacts are absorbed.  The way I've done this with one model was using a KR multicase with pluck foam.  Using a sharp knife I cut out the shape (varying the amount left in the box) and then used padding to ensure it didn't have any room to move.  Took a good couple of hours to sort it out, but can happily transport it around without fear of it moving.

I've booked LVO for next year which will be the first time I've ever flown with a GW-sized army. No idea how I'm going to transport it. I have a battlefoam magnetic case but I'd be very scared to take it any way but carry on, so maybe I'll have to try to book something with extra carry on size? No idea.

I'd hate to carry Nagash on a plane. Maybe a system of pulleys...

I'm definitely in the camp that this is a problem that you need to be solving ahead of time.  I'm a big fan of looking for points that can be magnetized to break the model down into smaller components.  Sometimes that is just the model and the base so that your dealing with two "l" shapes instead of an inverted "T" shape.  I do still catch a lot of flak that "magnetizing is over-rated" and "just put it in a padded rubber bin" but these people are not thinking about getting their models onto a plane or even just bringing them into work for the day so they're not left out in a hot car.

I've never flown with an army but I'm looking to do it and I just don't think I would be comfortable checking it.

Archived