Plan for the Destruction forum post AoS 2.0 - PLEASE READ

Chris Tomlin

Hey guys,

Just to provide a counter point - when I started playing AoS again about a year ago I did read through all of the major "Let's chat ..." topics in Destruction. I found it really useful and informative, as well as getting me excited about the factions!

I might be a bit of a weirdnob, but I don't think I am *that* unusual that there is no one else doing this.

That said I do agree that it makes sense to make new versions for AoS 2, so I'd be happy to see those.

One thing I don't really want to see is those topics being sticky'ed - I find the number of sticky topics at the top of the main AoS room quite annoying, particularly on a mobile.

I'd rather just see the topics rise to the top when they have new material as we do now - I'm sure most of the new "Let's chat.." topics will generally be near the top anyway as they've always been the most popular topics.

I like the idea of a reset but agree you should look at a 'let's chat' sticky that clearly states that all factions have one and gives a link to them, that way they can ebb and flow as popularity comes but no one should think they need to start a  'let's play spiderfang or firebelly as the link will be right there at the top of the hub.

I'd also love a little clarification of where to Plog, I prefer to go in the faction section as you get your like-minded players offering advice but if it's the more general painting section then so be it but I find stuff gets lost easily.

Also, don't hurt me but I do like other factions armies as well...if you have any sway the other sections are in need of a fresh start too.

I think we lock all the old and Army build threads. New ghb18 tactics tournament and list building threads for ironjawz, bcr, bonesplitterz, gutbusters, moonclan and mixed destruction. Seperate threads for destruction lore,  destruction wishlist and destruction rumours would be good to keep the later 3 out of threads about playing games per se. Definitley have curated getting started with threads.

I like the idea of new threads for new rules. Keeps things like points, rules and other bits together so everyone has a reference when clicking on the topic. Locking the old threads would be good with a final post from the Mod explaining the change and link to the new one for all the new forum people would be helpful.

I for one hate multiple stickied posts at the top of forums. I don’t gunk they encourage conversation, get ignored a lot and look really messy pushing trending topics to off the screen.  My thought is that as a general rule there should only be two stickied posts- forum rules and useful links. Let the chat and flow of conversation decide what should be at the top of a forum. 

Edit- also painting logs for factio specific should go int the faction sub sections.

Morning all,

Thanks for the continued contributions over the week, it's all very much  appreciated and I've taken a lot of it on board.

I'm going to lock this thread up now, but if anything has anything to add please feel free to DM me directly.

Oh and @Lardidar - Don't worry, there will be stuff happening across the forums with the new edition on the horizon. Plans are afoot in the Moderators forum. Personally though, I just want to specifically make sure Destruction is right. I'm unashamedly biased to the guys here! :P 

Chris

Hi guys,

Just to let you know that over the next week I will be creating a bunch of threads for us to discuss all the Destruction factions within AoS2 and locking up the older ones (I will provide links to the older ones at the start of the news ones).

There will also be a single stickied topic that will act as a hub with links to all the current threads.

Many thanks,
Chris

Archived