Daughters of Khaine Release

Antipodean7

Hey everyone, I've updated the Daughters of Khaine page on the AoS Shorts site to gather all the information on the new release in one place.   I'll be adding all the information from Warhammer Live, Warhammer Community and Warhammer TV as and when it is published. 

You'll find all the pictures, videos, & articles (including Chuck Moore's great piece on Morathi's background and motivations).  I'd be grateful if you can let me know of any community coverage of Daughters of Khaine as it comes out - previews, lore background pieces etc etc).

I'll keep updating the site throughout the week with community content (podcasts, previews, videos) etc and have an initial impressions show up for release day 1f642.png:)

Very cool! Yeah Daughters of Khaine is another really nice addition to the Age of Sigmar armies we know. Lots of new designs, lots of thinking outside the box for Order which I personally really like. In addition Slaanesh fans will probably be rewarded also because there is a lot of it mixed in the background for DoK.

Cheers,

On 20/02/2018 at 5:05 PM, Antipodean7 said:

For me, its a great example of taking an aspect of a force, a concept, a narrative hook and a design aesthetic and turning it up to 11 to create something truly Age of Sigmar, but rooted in the Warhammer past.

Thats pretty much every release so far, except KO and SE.

2 hours ago, Kirjava13 said:

Only way I can figure it is as a corruption of 'chimera', but who knows how accurate that is.

This. As I would have thought of Melusai as a alteration of Medusa, both as a result of GW dodging copyrights and creating thier own copyrightable names and as part of the GW tradition of malapproriating Myths and ancient names - same as with "High-Gothic" in 40k or the Eldar word for humans.

Just now, Aranthir said:

It's interesting if Sea Aelves really happen that they will share Greek theme with Daughters of Khaine. 

That's why I think Sea Aelves could happen next are tied in some way to Daughters of Khaine/Khaine. My guess is that since Manthlan was taken by sea and Teclis later on tossed Sword of Khaine into the same sea , Sea Aelves are hiding/using secretly  Widowmaker which would be very interesting to Morathi for several reasons. That would be amazing story line. 

Archived