Sception

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am inclined towards Drake. Seems like the best option from someone who wants to be an undead with the mention of the inevitability of death and stealing hours. I mean, come on, I have the sword of stolen hours. You don't think my fellow knights are looking for more of these hour stealing swords?

17 minutes ago, smucreo said:

If you look at the website now eye is leading by a lot :P 

Pretty much I hope eye is a gotcha kind of option since the city itself pretty much kills any living that goes near it. Or Nagash wanted to gather armies in place since his great work is almost complete. 

I mean this week the choice is obvious the order juggernaut along with the other GA's would not pick the other options. Maybe the choice from week 1 prevents them from doing anything since they don't have enough support. 

Yeah, it sounded to me less like helping nagash in exchange for rewards of time and more like trying to steal the time back from nagash, but at the same time that might just be overthinking it.  There has really only been one ambiguous week so far, I think that's more an outlier than anything else.

I'm currently leaning toward drake, though convincing anyone to take this anywhere other than eye seems impossible.  I do need consensus before I make my weekly statement in the general thread.  So, what'll it be?  Drake?  Skull?

Wonder if the time shift thing could result in the game only being 4 turns instead of 5 xD

I agree though, anything but the eye is a win for Nagash.  As it looks like we're meant to look at this from a Generals point of view (rather than the supreme lord of a grand alliance), the Skull would allow Nagash to continue with his plan unimpeded.  As we don't categorically know if Nagash is behind the lost time, trying to steal it could hamper Nagash's master plan as you say @Sception if could just be overthinking - but clearly I'm not on my own in that!

1 hour ago, RuneBrush said:

Wonder if the time shift thing could result in the game only being 4 turns instead of 5 xD

I agree though, anything but the eye is a win for Nagash.  As it looks like we're meant to look at this from a Generals point of view (rather than the supreme lord of a grand alliance), the Skull would allow Nagash to continue with his plan unimpeded.  As we don't categorically know if Nagash is behind the lost time, trying to steal it could hamper Nagash's master plan as you say @Sception if could just be overthinking - but clearly I'm not on my own in that!

Yeah going to Nagashizzar might be a bad idea considering you will die if you get anywhere near it. From the context of a normal human general "let's go to a place that will turn me into a skeleton/dust just being near it! Sounds like a swell idea!" 

I have to disagree. Based on the reading of the skull choice it would appear that Nagash is not behind the dust? And reading more posts out of GW it seems it's more the consequence of last week's result since we used a weapon that massively inverted time...maybe those time needed to take its toll elsewhere.

The reading of Drake honestly sounds more like something for the mind of the necromancer...how do you steal more time when all mortals suffer the same fate? You cheat and become immortal.

Plus, Drake caught up and is now leading skull. I think we are better off endorsing anything but Eye that would challenge it. Eye could be a trap for the mortals...but then, we don't know if GW would actually be pulling the red herring on people. How many would actually be presumed to know the background of Nagashizzar?

I fear we made a mistake pushing skull.  Drake is in second by a comfortable margin, well behind but within reasonable striking range of eye, and while it might not be the best result for us, it's considerably better than Eye.  I'm considering revising my recommendations elsewhere.

1 hour ago, Sception said:

I fear we made a mistake pushing skull.  Drake is in second by a comfortable margin, well behind but within reasonable striking range of eye, and while it might not be the best result for us, it's considerably better than Eye.  I'm considering revising my recommendations elsewhere.

Yeah I say push drake. Drake has a chance. Drake does seem like a choice the community would pick. 

There is a point of concern.

In the Warhammer Community synopsis of Week 4, it was stated that the tampering with time has accelerated the advent of the Black Void. It would have arrived regardless, but I truly wonder whether Lord Nagash is responsible for it.

Regardless, the concern is that the synopsis concludes with stating that there is a possibility of stopping the Great Work before it even began. As the Great Work is nearing completion, one would presume that to stop the Great Work before it even started would require temporal manipulation. If Drake is chosen, might it lead to the realization of the possibility of stopping the Great Work before it began? Such would be...displeasing. Of course the Great Work cannot completely succeed, but a partial success, as much of one as possible, would be enough for our purposes.

10 hours ago, Itherael said:

There is a point of concern.

In the Warhammer Community synopsis of Week 4, it was stated that the tampering with time has accelerated the advent of the Black Void. It would have arrived regardless, but I truly wonder whether Lord Nagash is responsible for it.

Regardless, the concern is that the synopsis concludes with stating that there is a possibility of stopping the Great Work before it even began. As the Great Work is nearing completion, one would presume that to stop the Great Work before it even started would require temporal manipulation. If Drake is chosen, might it lead to the realization of the possibility of stopping the Great Work before it began? Such would be...displeasing. Of course the Great Work cannot completely succeed, but a partial success, as much of one as possible, would be enough for our purposes.

You have to think from the point of view from a normal general. If I was human drake sounds like joining Nagash you are embracing death reading it over again. Now a wight king would never go eye that would make no sense. The only reason to push drake is because skull has no chance. 

I suppose such is reasonable. If Drake wins, I hope it will not somehow backfire, though. On the other hand, if Eye should win, well, the other Alliances will attempt to sack Nagashizzar, but it is not guaranteed that they will succeed. In that event, I do hope the other Alliances will be playing into our master's hands.

I shall be brief and simple on my humble opinion.

I would like for the "Skull" to win as all of us would  BUT , as mentioned before ,  the "Drake" has much more potential to win against the "Eye " ( aka sacking Nagashizzar ) .

Thus the conclusion : In the few hours remaining i would urge you not to pick  "Skull"  but instead pick the "Drake" .

It is still possible for Drake to surpass Eye, but I am honestly skeptical at this point. It might be best to hold those points in reserve for the final week.

Furthermore, well, yes, the other Alliances will seek to sack Nagashizzar. It does not mean they will succeed, just as the Orb Infernia was not blasted to smithereens as one might have imagined. Considering what happened in Week 1, as well as the other Alliances tearing one another apart in Weeks 3 and 4, one wonders whether they have the numbers and proper preparation to sack Nagashizzar. It could be that our master has had sufficient time to prepare so that no matter how the other Alliances choose to respond, it will ultimately benefit him, even if the Great Work does not completely succeed.

18 minutes ago, Itherael said:

It is still possible for Drake to surpass Eye, but I am honestly skeptical at this point. It might be best to hold those points in reserve for the final week.

Furthermore, well, yes, the other Alliances will seek to sack Nagashizzar. It does not mean they will succeed, just as the Orb Infernia was not blasted to smithereens as one might have imagined. Considering what happened in Week 1, as well as the other Alliances tearing one another apart in Weeks 3 and 4, one wonders whether they have the numbers and proper preparation to sack Nagashizzar. It could be that our master has had sufficient time to prepare so that no matter how the other Alliances choose to respond, it will ultimately benefit him, even if the Great Work does not completely succeed.

Yeah I got the same feeling if eye goes through I feel that GW will merely go "the other GA's attack but they are too late!" etc  Nagash's great work has partially succeeded what do you do?

Archived