Weirdfist list

broche

Now that LVO is passed, i want to move to build and paint my ironjawz. Ironfist and Gorefist done their proof as a solid T2 armies, so i want to try something else. I played weirdfist in 2016 and had good result with it (was only 100 pts back in the days).

What i like with Weirdfist is it give you long range sniping ability, something lacking in ironjawz. Successful list when with spear chucka to cover that weakness, i think weirdfist can do the same job but bit better. 

My core would look something like:

Weirdfist, Shaman, 30 arboyz, 2 x 5 brutes, 2 x 3 gore gruntas. That's 1410 pts. 

Questions i'm asking:

1. Maw-Krusha or not? He is a good model, but 460 point is a lot. I could play a Megaboss and more troops/character.

2. Balewind or not? +1 to cast foot of gork can have a huge impact, however it force your play as you're stuck keeping Ardboys near your shaman. Also arcane terrain can do same job.

Other tought?

So there was a really dirty weirdfist list at Realmwars Wednesbury which I attended. I know he pulled 40+ mortal wounds from a single Foot of Gork multiple times throughout the tournament. I don't know his exact list but he had both a Balewind and a Rogue Idol, no MK though. I've asked in the group to see if I can get the exact list, if it does come back I'll post it for you.

If you are going Weirdfist you go Balewind, the +1 is nice but it's the extra 18" on the spell range which is key. It gives you the threat range and means if Gork ever does go nuts for you there won't be a shortage of targets. On duality of death for example a well placed balewind will keep you inside your own deployment zone but able to nuke both objectives, plus as balewind is terrain you actually get +1 to the weirdnobs save while ontop of it, combine that with another caster throwing mystic shield and Ironclad the weirdnob is suddenly 3+ to save ignoring the first rend.

The Mawkrusha is really about how all in you wana go with the weirdfist.

He just got back to me with the list

Allegiance: Destruction

Leaders
Orruk Megaboss (140)
- General
Orruk Warchanter (80)
Orruk Weirdnob Shaman (120)

Battleline
5 x Orruk Brutes (180)
- Ironjawz Battleline
10 x Orruk Ardboys (180)
- Ironjawz Battleline
10 x Orruk Ardboys (180)
- Ironjawz Battleline
6 x Orruk Gore Gruntas (280)
- Ironjawz Battleline
3 x Orruk Gore Gruntas (140)
- Ironjawz Battleline

Behemoths
Rogue Idol (400)
- Allies

Battalions
Weirdfist (200)

Scenery
Balewind Vortex (100)

Total: 2000 / 2000
Allies: 400 / 400
Wounds: 135

Not sure what his traits/artefacts were, I'd expect Daubing of Mork on the weirdnob (to stop him burning himself with MW on doubles), but you get the idea behind it.

With Arcane Terrain it's running at a +5 to cast on the weirdnob which actually makes Foot of Gork a reasonable CV of 5!

Interesting list for sure, thanks for sharing! 

based on model i currently have, maybe i'll try something more in the middle: open with arcane bolt to snipe small character to cripple synergy, move my shaman and switch to foot or green puke.

Weirnob for weirdfist

Weirnob (to cast mystic shield / foot of gork)

Megaboss (with prophet of the waaaagh)

30 arboys

2 x 3 gruntas

2 x 5 brutes

that 1670 pts

maybe 2 x balista and  a warchanter?

actually i would love to have something like a thundertusk in this kind of list, too bad it's not ally...

I like this!  I’ve been playing around with a maxed out Weirdfist for awhile.  Something like:

-Megaboss

-Weirdknob

-Warchanter

-30 x Ardboyz

-10 x Brutes

-3 x Gore Gruntas

-Rogue Idol

-Weirdfist

-Balewind 

1990 pts

You get a +4 to cast - as long as you bunker your weirdknob with the Ardboyz and golem - meaning Foot of Gork Goes off over 72% of the time!

A bit of a one trick pony but The Foot is a really fun spell and puts the fear of Gork (or is it Mork) into your opponent.

18 minutes ago, Malakithe said:

Ive always toyed with the idea of the Weirdfist. You would need to protect the shaman from shooting though as he is super exposed

Luckily, Foot of Gork doesn't require LOS.

And even more luckily, GW is releasing a gigantic LOS-blocking piece of terrain.

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2018/02/08/warscryer-citadel-3-ways-to-include-itgw-homepage-post-4/

"3 ways to include it"...I think they missed out "Stamp the bejeezus out of your opponent's army".

I'd be tempted to try this:

Allegiance: Destruction

Leaders
Megaboss on Maw-Krusha (460)
Orruk Warchanter (80)
Orruk Warchanter (80)

Battleline
40 x Orruks (320)
- Pair of Choppas
10 x Orruk Brutes (360)
- Ironjawz Battleline
- Ironjawz Battleline
- Ironjawz Battleline

Battalions
Weirdfist (200)

Scenery
Balewind Vortex (100)

Total: 2000 / 2000
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 132

I agree with Plastic. I think you need 5 units. With shaman you will roll 6 dices, gettins +2-4 mortal and +12-24'' average. That is enough to threaten any foot character (you're likely at more than 50% odds of killing a 5 lifes with arcane bolt).

I'm not sure about Maw Krusha. I think playing a monster i would play the Idol for the extra casting  buff. Not sure about balewind either. I think balewind can be nice but I would say  it's either balewind or weirdfist.

Weirfist if 200 pts, balewind 100 pts. Playing both is 300 pts that can vanish with 6 damages (most T1 army play range). Range bonus on balewind is mitigated by weirfist and vice-versa.

Pro and Con:

Balewind: Less expensive, bonus to casting

Weirdfist: More damage potential, lower your number of drop, do not force your play (being stuck around the balewind)

Personnally, what i disliked the 2 times a played balewind was that my shaman was stuck here. I missed my foot of gork and turn one, then go the turn stolen on 2 and shaman was almost dead. then on my 2 I managed to cast foot but for just 2-3 damages. Meanwhile my shaman died and all my troops where still in my zone. Trying it again, i would probably move my shaman closer to board center and cast balewind on turn 2, but that mean you lose damage too.

With weirdfist you have a 4-5 drop army, so that mean you get to choose who goes first in maybe half your game.An arcane bolt will do 5-6 mortal and his almost auto cast (kill unprotected khorne or fyreslayer banner, or gaunt sumonner).  You can keep your shaman with the core of your army, trying to hide it with terrain if possible, just make sure that if your opponent try to kill it he need to commit something you can take on the counter attack.

• 1 month later...

Hi all! I'm gonna try out a magic casting list at a tournament (Gothcon) in a couple of weeks and I would like your thoughts.

Also I'm trying to figure out if the Weirdfist gives the bonuses to EVERY weirdnob in the army or if its just the battalion leader. Before you answer, read the wording, it never says "the" but instead "a" shaman in the description. I suppose english native and more cunning warbosses could bring something to the table here.

I have not brought a battalion to the list but I am considering to bring a weirdfist and split the ardboys to get more units for the weirdfist benefits. Instead of the rogue idol I want more casters and some heroshooting but I could as well bring a rogue idol, just need to paint him up.  Taking him makes me loose the moonclan grots thou. With the four casters and two spear chukkas I could cast mystic shield, arcane bolt, foot of gork and curse of da bad moon or perhaps green puke in the same turn while shooting a hero off the table.  With the rogue idol there will only be two spells to cast and i will also loose the shooting. IF the weirdfist gives bonuses to every weirdnob one thought is to bring three of them thou. 

Here is my list, what I feel short on is acctually melee, I would like to bring something that draws the attention from my casters (which a rogue idol would do)

Allegiance: Ironjawz
Orruk Warchanter (80)
- General
- Trait: Prophet of the Waaagh! 
- Artefact: The Boss Skewer 
Orruk Warchanter (80)
Orruk Weirdnob Shaman (120)
Orruk Weirdnob Shaman (120)
Moonclan Grot Shaman (80)
- Allies
Moonclan Grot Shaman / Fungoid Cave Shaman (80)
- Allies
30 x Orruk Ardboys (450)
3 x Orruk Gore Gruntas (140)
3 x Orruk Gore Gruntas (140)
5 x Orruk Brutes (180)
5 x Orruk Brutes (180)
Grot Spear Chukka (120)
- Allies
Grot Spear Chukka (120)
- Allies
Balewind Vortex (100)

Total: 1990 / 2000
Allies: 400 / 400
Wounds: 166

Looking forward for your replies 

regards (Lars from the IJ facebook group)

look like a good list! 

recently i've try Brutes in a squad of 15, that is good melee punch, but you need to put inspiring presence on them. Megaboss on foot with Destroyer is pretty good in melee for his point, you could try to fit him.<

have fun

3 hours ago, broche said:

look like a good list! 

recently i've try Brutes in a squad of 15, that is good melee punch, but you need to put inspiring presence on them. Megaboss on foot with Destroyer is pretty good in melee for his point, you could try to fit him.<

have fun

Thx! I made some small changes to draw focus to a slow moving paintrain with brutes and a megaboss. Ironskulls boyz as backline/objectiveholders since I cant bring another warchanter due to being maxed on heroes. Quite happy with the wound count. Still thinking about that nice weirdfist..

Allegiance: Ironjawz
Orruk Megaboss (140)
- General
- Trait: Ironclad 
- Artefact: Destroyer 
Orruk Warchanter (80)
Moonclan Grot Shaman (80)
- Allies
Moonclan Grot Shaman (80)
- Allies
30 x Orruk Ardboys (450)
10 x Orruk Brutes (360) / 5 x Orruk Brutes (180) + 5 x Orruk Brutes (180)
4 x Ironskull's Boyz (80)
Grot Spear Chukka (120)
- Allies
Grot Spear Chukka (120)
- Allies
Balewind Vortex (100)

Total: 1990 / 2000
Allies: 400 / 400
Wounds: 160

Archived