Taking Sepulchral Guard in a LoN army

Lord Veshnakar

This is a clip from the new Legions of Nagash book. What I am wondering, is would I be able to take my unit of Sepulchral Guard from shadespire in a Legion of Sacrament army?  From the attached pic I assume if I include them in my army I would simply give them the Legion of Sacrament keyword then yes? 

image.png.ed78e8a18f0283dc9a592d4636a8bc50.png

Some in the book it's stated that all your warscrolls has to be from the LoN battletome and the sepulchral guard is not in there you can't give them the Legion keyword same for the knight of shroud but it could be stated in the malign portents book that the knight get it

Feel free to forward this question to the AoS FAQ team: 

aosfaq@gwplc.com

I think that just like the Forge World monsters some additional Warscrolls need to be clarified because of how the Legions work and currently have worded how the Keyword can be obtained. In addition to that I deem it quite likely that the intend of Legions of Nagash is to have Summonable work cross units, currently only not including Flesh Eater Courts.

For confirmation I can state that indeed the Sepulchral Guard are not in the Legions of Nagash book. 

10 minutes ago, Lord Veshnakar said:

That's exactly what happened.:P

Ah well... Give it another few days.

To be honest though, loving the Shadespire models, Id incorporate them into a regular unit of Skeleton warriors really. I really feel the 80 points ideally are spend into Hordes or horde support now. But this is purely comming from a competitive perspective on the unit altogether. It also pretty much applies to all Shadespire units used for AoS.

9 hours ago, RuneBrush said:

Might be worth waiting until the battletome actually drops before sending a question in though else you risk the "please wait until the official release" response.

I think it's also important to wait until official release day because they could come out with day zero errata/faqs.

So while we've all seen basically the contents of the book, we don't know what else is coming to supplement it.

Similar reason I'd be emailing GW about making Vargheists battleline again for Soulblight, but waiting until Saturday to make the email.

13 minutes ago, someone2040 said:

I think it's also important to wait until official release day because they could come out with day zero errata/faqs.

So while we've all seen basically the contents of the book, we don't know what else is coming to supplement it.

Similar reason I'd be emailing GW about making Vargheists battleline again for Soulblight, but waiting until Saturday to make the email.

I would hope that the Vargheists as non-battleline is a mistake, but I'm guessing it's not. I think they're really pushing the non-flesheater Death as a faction and are basically working around the multifactions of the GA infrastructure that was built at the launch of AoS and don't want to have too many battleline options. While it does seem odd that they would be added as battleline in the GHB2017 only to be yanked back out 6 months later, I seem to recall seeing an interview with the team lead or something of GW's rules writers and apparently they're turning out books pretty fast without the long lead time model development gets(I think he was specifically talking about 40k codexes, but I think it might be relevant here), so it's entirely possible there was no overlap between the GHB2017 and LoN and they just decided that the GHB decision was a mistake and reversed it. Of course as an aspiring Soulblight player who doesn't want to buy the current bloodknights and thinks using converted models for *all* my battlelines a a bit much, I'd love for Vargheists to come back as battleline.

As far as what else is coming to supplement it, I hope it's models and maybe either a new faction of a deep dive into an existing faction getting it's own book. We already knew that GA Death was the smallest GA by far, but seeing the bulk of Death in a single battletome that slimmer that my Kharadron Overlords battletome strong reminder.

Archived