Help a brother out! Slaneesh Mortals or Daughters of Khaine for future army

Perturabo

Heya guys

with the recent teaser of Daughters of Khaine, I'm a bit torn on which army to play now.

Last year, my plan was to play Slaanesh mortals, following the GHB 2 release. But damn, those Daughters of Khaine model is freakin awesome, plus morathi

So help a brother out, any opinions on which army to build?

Thanks!

Well as mentioned by others, I think you want to do Daughters of Khaine. They are confirmed to be released soon, a fun army and great visually also.

I do think Slaanesh might get their update this year, I also believe we're at least 6 months away from that, if it happens at all.

I play Slaanesh mortals and I am starting a DoK army next week. I would go with the DoK for now, as new models are coming out soonish, and not Slaanesh. I also believe that when Slaanesh does finally get new models, the majority of them will be mortals. Their demons are all nice newish models except for the fiend.  If you don’t mind old models then go Slaanesh for now... we need more souls.

What I did is get a mix of witch elves and daemonettes of all different editions and mix those into bigger units. These form a big block for my Slaanesh army and is supported by the mortal parts. For my DoK i'm planning to do the same. 

Now I have the advantage that I have Dark elves army so I don't need 1K in one go to get some games in. Now that I have both 1K slaanesh and 1K dark elves I can just go for the unit that excites me the most at that time. Keeping me more motivated to keep painting. So my tip would be to get the one that excites you the most right now up to 1K so you can get some games in. Mixing units where possible and/or offers a cool modelling chance. (my chaos knights and chariots will use drakespawn knight cold ones. Also perfectly acceptable as Order Serpentis allies for my DoK if I need some extra points filled to play). 

On 2/4/2018 at 11:30 AM, DantePQ said:

judging by recent Chaos releases even if Slaanesh is released its doubtful that there will be many mortals in it. 

If this is true, you could also use this as an argument to go for the mortals right now, because they are not likely to be replaced any time soon. And the new DoK models have no confirmed release date yet. (even if we all expect it in the next 2-3 months... You never know.) 

On 5-2-2018 at 11:50 AM, DantePQ said:

@Kramer I think DoK for sure are coming in March as the teaser for new March White Dwarf is "Blood Omens" which obviously about DoK. 

Most likely. But don’t forget that we have a heavy malign portents focus. So the blood omen could easily be one of the omens the ‘seers’ have been seeing (as per the stories on the malign portents site)

and death has one legion literally called: ‘legion of blood’.  And another  with blood seeker palaquin in the title, which apparently is a new build from an existing set? Which is also something I’m curious about  

Still think it’s likely it’s DoK. But let’s not act like it’s the one and only truth. Before it happens. 

On 05/02/2018 at 10:35 AM, DantePQ said:

I doubt Slaanesh will have much mortals : recent Chaos releases show that they are moving away from mortals but more into God specific units. 

Eh? Khorne, Tzeentch and Nurgle have all had brand new mortal units added to their rosters since AoS began. All with brand new models. Nurgle got new mortal units/models as recently as last month. I would bet on Slaanesh also getting new mortal units.

Archived