Thoughts on the new rule leaks?

bonzai

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, grungolah said:

All this time, it was really just the most troublesome Snotling Pump Wagon.  It all makes sense.

While the Guinissbook of Records is a tough contender I do know that Nagash wins the contest for the tallest hat in AoS, 40K and LotR, hands down!

image.png.682c27dfed1f4d201fce48f24bfde00e.png

Edit: It also seems that the power of Nagash is related to the size of his hat in the artwork. Now it's huge:
igor-sid-30-legions-of-nagash.jpg?151524

But when he was close to being defeated by Chaos it was much smaller:
Afbeeldingsresultaat voor nagash art

This could lead to a very interadesting piece of narrative evolution.

54 minutes ago, Killax said:

What if the hat is actually Nagash and the body is just an undead giant vessel for the hat?

That's... basically the case?  This isn't nagash's original body after all.  Probably not even close at this point.  In the End Times we saw Arkhan perform the ritual to summon him back to life, it involved Nagash's soul, bound to his artifacts of power (most significant among them his crown) possessing the body of a hapless sacrifice.

So... yeah.  The hat is actually Nagash, and the body is just a corpse that the hat rides around on.

(Un)Holy macaroni, that joke was on point? xD

Side note. I am super happy with Nagash's alliegance. Can I still take Arkhan or Nefarata in it perhaps?

I ordered a start collecting skeleton horde box after reading that article. I already have 20 skellies, 20 grave guard. A wight king, necromancer vampire lord and 5 black knights... and 3 spirit hosts ans a banshee :)

Yeah as far as I see it you can basically pick whatever. The moment they are listed as a whole faction overall (and likely are) the whole current issue with Allies is completely resolved.

But what I do wonder about still is if the GH2017 Allegiance abilities will continue to work in conjunction with this.... I suppose they will actually. So if you arn't that fuzzed about healing/summonning I think you can also pick those options. Which for some armies (Soulblight mainly) still seems like a really relevant option also. 

In general I think that because the book will list this as a Faction you can use this option to go for Nagash's Legion Allegiance or the others mentioned in GH2017. But to be honest I do think that overall this Allegiance hits so much green lights that it can be viewed as the better option.

Cross books, I also think that Flesh-Eater Courts will have some nice benifits out of this. Because the Zombie Dragon without rider certainly seems like a scary opponent to me. It reminds me of the Mournghoul from GH2016 era and a GW variant of that is actually much more accesable for everybody. 

19 minutes ago, pseudonyme said:

Guys, don't you want to concentrate on one topic instead of 4?

I think I've made it clear by my posting habits over the last few days that I greatly prefer to have the same conversations with the same people in as many places as possible.

2 hours ago, Killax said:

But what I do wonder about still is if the GH2017 Allegiance abilities will continue to work in conjunction with this.... I suppose they will actually. So if you arn't that fuzzed about healing/summonning I think you can also pick those options. Which for some armies (Soulblight mainly) still seems like a really relevant option also. 

Doesn't soulblight get their allegiance updated in this book? So it leaves only Nighthaunt and Flesh eater courts able to use their old allegiances.

13 minutes ago, Jamopower said:

Doesn't soulblight get their allegiance updated in this book? So it leaves only Nighthaunt and Flesh eater courts able to use their old allegiances.

Which is kind of a shame, as Flesh Eaters are in dire need of some combination battalions like Seraphon and Fire Slyers got in the GHB17.  Night haunts need battalions of all kinds. This would have been a great opportunity to give them some. Fingers crossed that the actual malign portents book will give them some love.

31 minutes ago, smucreo said:

Each Legion is an allegiance so it makes sense to have them as separate topics.

In separate generic topics you mean?

Well I can understand  that argument once the battletome is out, but now, it seems to me that I read the same conversation  in 3 different topics.

Not that it is a big deal anyway.

36 minutes ago, pseudonyme said:

In separate generic topics you mean?

Well I can understand  that argument once the battletome is out, but now, it seems to me that I read the same conversation  in 3 different topics.

Not that it is a big deal anyway.

I agree and yeah many topics on the same subject, but it shouldn't be an issue!

As above, I would indeed suggest making Let's chat topics the moment it's clear which units are directly available to which faction and how this all plays out, because there are many ways to go with this and it's new for GW to go about it in this way. 

1 hour ago, Sception said:

I think I've made it clear by my posting habits over the last few days that I greatly prefer to have the same conversations with the same people in as many places as possible.

You've got to get the word out to as many people as possible that at the prospect of new Death rules you are excited, enraged, disappointed, hopeful, morose and any number of other extreme emotions.

36 minutes ago, Richelieu said:

You've got to get the word out to as many people as possible that at the prospect of new Death rules you are excited, enraged, disappointed, hopeful, morose and any number of other extreme emotions.

I'm glad somebody understands.

1 hour ago, Sception said:

I'm glad somebody understands.

I am experiencing the same with Daughters of Khaine (though maybe not quite as pessimistic as you B|).  I played Dark Eldar in 3rd edition 40k and Dark Elves in 8th ed Fantasy.  I was going to use them for AoS but after a year of waiting for support i decided to run with Stormcast.  I like the golden boys, but...SNAKE ELVES!

Archived