Alternatives to Morghasts?

ogmaadn

Hi all,

Once the upcoming new Death battletome is released, I'll definitely want to include some Morghasts to my army since they are really, really good. Probably the best tool for any Death army.

The thing is that I don't like the current GW models so I'm looking for some replacements or alternatives that fit in terms of size (preferably GW's alternatives).

I'm actually thinking of Necron's Shard of The Nightbringer since I absolutely love this model and it fits thematically perfecto. However I'm not sure it is about the same size as Morghasts. Can anyone confirm this?

I've also heard that Forgeworld's Misfits with some wings (i.e. Plague Drones wings) might be a good alternativa (but I don't like resin that much).

Any other good alternative to Morghasts?

It's great to hear they are similar on size. And I'm fine with resin as long as they'll be only 2 of these guys in my army for now, so I'm actually thinking of picking up the other Necron's C'Tan and converting him as well so that I can get 2 different models for the Morghasts (the Deceiver is gonna get more difficult to customize and convert I'm afraid though).

• 2 weeks later...

Mierce do some wonderful stuff. I hope someone from GW goes scouting around on their site for ideas :D

I wish their Darklands game was better though - its super clunky. I think they based the mechanics off an 80's roleplaying game or something. The concepts are great, the Lore is really original and inspiring , the minis are stunning but the game is just bad.

I don't mind the GW kit but its one of those annoying ones where I like the build that's not as good in the game - and I always go for what ever looks best!

Did the new scroll leak? I haven't seen it.

Oh cool so they can have either equipment loadout and then choose between the 3 dice charge or the mortal wound save armour.

Lol I still don't know whether to build them with swords or halberds - I like the swords but I don't think i have anything else with -2 rend so maybe I should go halberds... rinse, repeat thought.. :D

33 minutes ago, Twitch of Izalith said:

Oh cool so they can have either equipment loadout and then choose between the 3 dice charge or the mortal wound save armour.

Lol I still don't know whether to build them with swords or halberds - I like the swords but I don't think i have anything else with -2 rend so maybe I should go halberds... rinse, repeat thought.. :D

Exactly! Yeah I think the models in general are very worthy to consider to magnetize. 

I'd say 6 are probably the max you'd comfortably field and there is something to say about both loadouts. Offcourse if you want to deal with the 'stormcast equivelants' Rend -2 becomes the general goto, as it sets a standard. However the moment your dealing with more horde like forces, relying on 5+, 6+ or no armour obviously both swords become better. 

My personal advice for you would be to go for the Helbards because there are several ways to increase their attack total and at that point the Helbards theoretically surpass the swords in most cases. Though obviously even then against lower armoured opponents swords are good :) 

As above running 6 Harbingers with Helbards in Grand Host of Nagash is a pure deathstar! There is very little they cannot reach and there is acces to buff them in certain places. Blood Feast from the Vampire Lord in particular is epic. In addition due to their bases the 2" reach is also what gives the double handed weapons an edge, especially if you run 6 of them.

4 hours ago, Twitch of Izalith said:

@Killax Fortunately for the rest of my group - I only have 2 of them :D but 6 does sound like it would be fairly devastating. Thanks for the advice.

True scary lads :P with a Blood Feast on top your opponent will reconsider life.

Wow, those Mierce models are ace. Have been thinking this same thing and I think those will head on my future shopping list.  I have been looking at their range quite much and even have a bunch of skeletons from them, but their webstore is horrible to navigate.

Archived