Terrain cards ?

Keith

I don't like having status dice cluttering the table and breaking the immersive spectacle. I modeled small terrain pieces on larger leftover square bases for Mysterious Terrain, with their 1-6 number on the bottom, and spare shields on smaller square bases (they still have a use!). For wounds I found skull beads on Amazon (very cheap for 100), and have white ones for 1 wound, red ones for 5, and silver ones for 10 wounds, typically on the back half of a model's base so I can see at a glance who's hurt, and so the markers move with the model. Now that 40k has so many wounds for almost every model, the skulls can do double duty. I'm trying figure out the best way to model other status markers without buying tons of bits, since I might need several of each type. Right now I'm using clear plastic markers with embossed text for other status effects, but the look bothers me...

Some what relevant for the topic.

how do you guys determine mysterious terrain?

Do you always roll for every little piece of scenery? 

We found that having too many special rules for each terrain piece usually leads to players forgettning/ignoring the mysterious terrain rule. However if we use 1-3 pieces of MT they are more often involved in the game.

On 12/3/2017 at 8:00 AM, Greasygeek said:

Some what relevant for the topic.

how do you guys determine mysterious terrain?

Do you always roll for every little piece of scenery? 

We found that having too many special rules for each terrain piece usually leads to players forgettning/ignoring the mysterious terrain rule. However if we use 1-3 pieces of MT they are more often involved in the game.

I roll for every piece of scenery. It adds another layer of strategy and depth to deployment.

Archived