Help me stay strong!

ronin_cse

Soooo a few weeks ago I decided to start a Death army. Got some good deals on some models and have been making good progress in assembling my hordes of skeletons and zombies and other creatures. So far so good basically....

However now those Sylvaneth pics have been popping up and it looks like they are up for pre-order this weekend and my resolve to collect Death is breaking. I REALLY like those new tree people models and Alarielle on the Beetle is spectacular. Then again I also love the Death models, especially the deathlords ones, and Nagash is at least as amazing a model as Alarielle. Also if I go with Sylvaneth I would have to start from scratch while my Death army is already fairly far along.

So someone help me fight my "shiny new models" urges! Why should I stick with Death vs the Sylvaneth?

There is no shame in enjoying the fruits of all trees, brother.

Life would be a pale dreary thing if we were to enjoy the caress of just one lover.

You may hear the calling of Nagash, and the Legions of Death.

But I say, ****** it, do both. Go get you some Sylvaneth.

- Famous poem by Hob. B. Butterfly

You know it makes sense. Do both. Create two armies of awesomeness. Both have stunning models, awesome rules and will undoubtedly offer two very different play-styles.

2 minutes ago, Dangermouse425 said:

Life would be a pale dreary thing if we were to enjoy the caress of just one lover.

You know it makes sense. Do both. Create two armies of awesomeness. Both have stunning models, awesome rules and will undoubtedly offer two very different play-styles.

I propose a love button, because like is just not enough for this bit of poetry!

I agree, I think working on 2 projects at once keeps the creative juices flowing. Also, set your goals. 'If I paint 10 skeletons, I'll reward myself by building a Treelord. Then I'll paint 10 zombies, and reward myself by painting Nagash.' Etc.

I usually want to start a new army with every new release. If I can hold off until a week later, I'm much more sober about it. That said, nothing wrong with doing multiple projects at once, though building up too big an unpainted pile can be demotivating itself.

If you need an excuse not to go all-in, although I like the models in the release, they look a pain to assemble and paint to me. Too many finicky bits. 

39 minutes ago, Dangermouse425 said:

Haha brilliant! Love it.

But yeh, Dan is right...why restrict yourself? Get on both if you like them!

I'll add another to the "why stop there?" camp. Get them! There's no reason you can't play them together. You could even theme them together. Sylvaneth are all about life, and death is a part of that. Winter Sylvaneth teamed with Death guys? Awesome.

Give it a week though. Like many things, getting caught in the hype makes you act rashly. If you still love all of it in a week, then you have your answer.

1 hour ago, Darth Alec said:

I'll add another to the "why stop there?" camp. Get them! There's no reason you can't play them together. You could even theme them together. Sylvaneth are all about life, and death is a part of that. Winter Sylvaneth teamed with Death guys? Awesome.

Give it a week though. Like many things, getting caught in the hype makes you act rashly. If you still love all of it in a week, then you have your answer.

To be fair, I was VERY close to pulling the trigger on a Wood Elf army after those new treemen came out and that was before I had any kind of a fantasy army.

Archived