Amy Snuggs Painting Thread - Stormcast Knight Heraldor

amysnuggs

Hi everyone! Here's my WIP thread! :)

I'm currently working on a couple of different projects, at the moment it's mainly Stormcast Eternals, but I have started a small Spiderfang Grots army that I have started to paint. In my previous painting projects I've tended to paint a whole army at once then go onto the next, at the minute I've found myself going between different projects, I think this is a good way to keep the motivation up though. I have also recently started my unit entry for this August's Golden Demon, a unit of Fyreslayers Auric Hearthguard.

Here's a WIP shot of the first guy, I've decided to paint these slightly different, mainly the skin which I have shaded with Bugmans Glow thinned with Lahmian Medium. Previously I had shaded my other Fyreslayers skin with Reikland Fleshshade and Druchii Violet, which was ok but I much prefer this method now as I think it looks more natural, I also really liked how much more controlled it felt too. 

Any comments would be greatly appreciated too :)

Thanks for reading! :D 

IMG_3234.JPG

IMG_3233.JPG

12 minutes ago, amysnuggs said:

hehe thank you for the compliments, but I haven't put any highlights on it yet :P must be the lighting! 

Hehe. Yeah, derp on my part. I was thinking that while looking at the hair, but then the metal reflected the light so perfectly.

I've not painted a lot for a week or so due to being busy with work, it's been nice to have a break but then at the same time I've missed it! This weekend I set myself a challenge to get these 5 Liberators done after they had been sitting half painted on my desk for a while, I managed to find the motivation to get them finished! I love it when that happens, especially after having a period of low motivation or no time for painting. I was feeling especially motivated I primed all of my built Stormcast models ready! I've got a Knight Heraldor half painted that I will get started soon, and I've sprayed a couple of heros and some Dracothian Guard, which I'm excited to start! :)

Liberators with Hammers 1.jpg

21 hours ago, mhsellwood said:

Beautiful work Amy. I like the more grim and worn aesthetic you have given them.

For me though the real stand out is that blue top knot! Lovely and vibrant which I always find I struggle with doing on blue. Care to share how you did it?

Thank you! :)

It's Stegadon Scale Green, Sotek Green, Temple Guard Blue, then a mix of Temple Guard Blue and White, then glazes of Gulliman Blue, then White on the tips :) 

Just now, Soulsmith said:

Your work is fantastic! What's your recipe for the blood effect? Looks nice and realistic.

Thank you! :)

It's really simple, it's just Blood for the Blood God applied with a sponge, dab it for drops of blood and sort of wipe it for a splatter look :) 

Just now, Soulsmith said:

I'll have to give it a go! I was thinking of building up a larger layer on my orruk weapons mixing blood for the blood god with typhus corrosion, so it's dirty and grim, then a smaller fresh "highlight". Ill try your methods for it :)

Now that sounds interesting the Blood for the Blood God and Typhus Corrosion, that might look really cool, give it a try! :) 

Archived