New FAQ out for General's handbook

FRoper

The FAQ just out, seems to fix some wording and other problems 

Daemons of nurgle gaining allies: seems they forgot nurgle rotbringers as allies. 

The question about mounts is cleared up

- Command traits and magical weapons do not affect mounts.

However, it opens the question what constitutes as a mount especially in the case of models such as the coven throne. 

1 hour ago, FRoper said:

However, it opens the question what constitutes as a mount especially in the case of models such as the coven throne. 

MOUNTS Some heroes have a mount, such as a battle steed, a powerful monster that they can ride, or a massive war machine that they can stand upon. In all such cases, any command traits or magical artefacts can only be used to affect attacks made by the hero, and have no effect on attacks made by the their mount unless specifically stated otherwise.

Page 117 GH2017 + FAQ

I believe that a Coven Throne is a massive war machine they can stand upon.

As a result I believe it's very likely the Vampire Queen (Kiss and Stiletto) can be affected by Artefacts and Command Traits. This is also heavily suggested by her Magic and Command abilities. "Vampire Queen on a/atop a Coven Throne"

Edit: LINK FAQ https://whc-cdn.games-workshop.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/09/Generals_Handbook_FAQ_v1.0.pdf 

16 hours ago, FRoper said:

Daemons of nurgle gaining allies: seems they forgot nurgle rotbringers as allies. 

I don't think so, after the Allegniance should be "Nurgle" in both cases. It's the same point with clan Pestilence and also Slaves of Darkness. When they have the keyword, they are part of the Allegniance (and wouldn't be allies for a Army that has Allegniance Nurgle). I think the point with Slaves of Darkness in the allies section is mostly for Units that have Mark of Khorne or Mark of Slaanesh and in case of Everchosen, that the Varanguard is usable without having the Nurgle Keyword.

Archived