What are the dimensions of your army?

PowerCreep

Hey everyone,

I am a new to wargames and I don't have store nearby so I am wondering about the size of some of the models.(height,lenght)

Any models are helpful but i mostly wondering about:

Carnosaur

normal saurus warrior

Stonehorn

Thundertusk

Terrorgheist

I don't have any models nearby, so unfortunately I can't give you exact numbers, but what you can do is look up the base sizes and use them to "calculate" the size by the pictures provided on the games workshop website, etc.

Of course, they are taken by an angle, but still should give you a rough impression.

Saurus Warriors for example:

59a67e8cd00be_Bildschirmfoto2017-08-30um10_59_41.png.248a5b242149622ef7dc91fb17453c10.png

1 hour ago, PowerCreep said:

Hey everyone,

I am a new to wargames and I don't have store nearby so I am wondering about the size of some of the models.(height,lenght)

Any models are helpful but i mostly wondering about:

Carnosaur

normal saurus warrior

Stonehorn

Thundertusk

Terrorgheist

Basically: in order

Normal difficulty to transport

Infantry

Somewhat difficult to transport

Feth this motherfething piece of ******, it's staying home!

3 hours ago, BURF1 said:

Basically: in order

Normal difficulty to transport

Infantry

Feth this motherfething piece of ******, it's staying home!

You dont get my topic I want to know their size

15 minutes ago, PowerCreep said:

You dont get my topic I want to know their size

I don't think anyone misunderstands the question.  It's just not,  for lack of a better words, a good question. 

You're asking people to go measure "any " models,  but with a specific focus on certain models.  It is, suffice to say,  a very bizarre question,  especially with no context as to why you need these measurements.   It's also a very annoying question in some regards.  Speaking for myself, in order to answer this question I would to need do the following:

1) remember the question when I get home (I imagine a good number of people here check the board on their phones whenever they get downtime during the day)

2) dig models out of multiple army bags

3) attempt to measure the right model accurately (you say Saurus Warrior...is that with hand weapon or spear?)

4) hope I'm actually getting the right measurements (for example, when you say height, do you mean model height foot to head, or true height from bottom of base to top of absolute highest point, which could be a feather on the tip of a banner)

5) come back on the board and post those measurements.

It's a surprising amount of effort that, without context, frankly feels like we're secretly being filmed for a practical joke show about Wargaming.

Like @BURF1 I assume the question is related to model storage or transport...in which case it's easier to ask what you need to acheive that.  But I might be wrong.

Interesting question.  Well, I can check one of those models anyway; a Thundertusk with Beastriders is about 7.25 inches tall and 6.5 inches long.  A Thundertusk with a Huskard rider is probably going to be an inch shorter depending on how he's armed (the crossbow sticks up a bit, but the other weapons really don't) because he doesn't have the second rider and tall icon pole).  A Thundertusk with a Frostlord rider is probably close to the same height as the beastriders because he has a crazy tall spear.

Why do you ask?  

1 hour ago, Naflem said:

Interesting question.  Well, I can check one of those models anyway; a Thundertusk with Beastriders is about 7.25 inches tall and 6.5 inches long.  A Thundertusk with a Huskard rider is probably going to be an inch shorter depending on how he's armed (the crossbow sticks up a bit, but the other weapons really don't) because he doesn't have the second rider and tall icon pole).  A Thundertusk with a Frostlord rider is probably close to the same height as the beastriders because he has a crazy tall spear.

Why do you ask?  

I just watn to knoiw their size because its kinda a big deal to me.

I bought some marines ( the starting edition, was so stupid to buy from GW website cuz im kinda new.) and some paints and was shocked at how small the models were.I know that the normal marines are a bit bigger and this is and outdated box but still I am keeping the size of my miniaturs on my important list 

1 hour ago, Criti said:

I don't think anyone misunderstands the question.  It's just not,  for lack of a better words, a good question. 

You're asking people to go measure "any " models,  but with a specific focus on certain models.  It is, suffice to say,  a very bizarre question,  especially with no context as to why you need these measurements.   It's also a very annoying question in some regards.  Speaking for myself, in order to answer this question I would to need do the following:

1) remember the question when I get home (I imagine a good number of people here check the board on their phones whenever they get downtime during the day)

2) dig models out of multiple army bags

3) attempt to measure the right model accurately (you say Saurus Warrior...is that with hand weapon or spear?)

4) hope I'm actually getting the right measurements (for example, when you say height, do you mean model height foot to head, or true height from bottom of base to top of absolute highest point, which could be a feather on the tip of a banner)

5) come back on the board and post those measurements.

It's a surprising amount of effort that, without context, frankly feels like we're secretly being filmed for a practical joke show about Wargaming.

Like @BURF1 I assume the question is related to model storage or transport...in which case it's easier to ask what you need to acheive that.  But I might be wrong.

Sorry I am new to this wargame thing i didn't realise you had to go to that lenghts to get your miniatures out :/

Just now, PowerCreep said:

I just watn to knoiw their size because its kinda a big deal to me.

I bought some marines ( the starting edition, was so stupid to buy from GW website cuz im kinda new.) and some paints and was shocked at how small the models were.I know that the normal marines are a bit bigger and this is and outdated box but still I am keeping the size of my miniaturs on my important list 

The Dark Imperium starter box that came out in the last several months?  Those are actually bigger than almost all the other marines that are for sale.  They're what you might call 'true scale" VS being smaller representations of troops.  And those Marines are going to be bigger than most other troops.  The smaller marines will be similarly sized to most troops.  If you want models that are big, I'd go with a Beastclaw Raiders army,  Even the guys/monsters on foot are going to be pretty good sized, bigger than those marines (except maybe the frost sabre models I guess), and most models are quite large.  I'll try and put my Yetis and Hunter by a paint pot for reference when I get home this evening and snap a picture for you.

That said, these probably an advantage is most scenarios to having more smaller dudes in the new generals handbook scenarios so you might be giving up some tactical advantages if that's what your playing...  but large models are pretty cool.   

1 hour ago, PowerCreep said:

Sorry I am new to this wargame thing i didn't realise you had to go to that lenghts to get your miniatures out :/

Your sarcasm not withstanding,  that's the least of it.  See my other points about true measurements.

And for some people, pulling models out can be more of a challenge than you realize.  Speaking solely for myself,  I can tell you that I have 6 full Sabal Army Transports, a KR4 bag, 5 extra KR trays and about 15 or so large, foam lined shoeboxes holding painted miniatures right now.  I haven't touched my Seraphon in over a year, so I couldn't even begin to guess what container they are in.  So I would have to just start looking through them one by one to even find a Saurus Warrior to help you.  And then we get into the measurement issue.  Without more specifics on what measurements you want (details listed in my first comment), I could end up spending a whole lot of time only to give you unhelpful info.

I don't think it's a stretch for me to say that I try to be helpful when I respond to a thread... and I'm trying to be helpful here,  too.

I am in no way saying "****** you,  I can't be bothered." I am asking for information I consider important to help you properly. 

Hiya and welcome to the forum!

Miniatures vary hugely in sizes.  Most of my Khorne Bloodbound are what I'd class as "heroic infantry sized", so roughly 32mm from foot to head - some have head plumes or horns which make them a bit taller :)  Monster wise @Naflem is right that they're around the 7" mark, though that does vary.  At a guess my Khorgorath is about 3" tall.

When you say you've not got a store nearby do you mean shop store, or physical storage of the models?

Which box set was it you picked up by the way?

Mod time...

Before you respond to a topic please think about how you might come across. Particularly if the post is by a new user. If TGA is to continue to grow, it's important newcomers are made to feel welcome. The intial question was a fairly simple and perfectly valid one: 'How big are these miniatures?'

There have been multiple complaints about responses to this thread. Whilst it good to know the community is being vigilant, it's disappointing to have to respond to such things. On threads like this, where the OP is looking for concrete information, if you don't have the information, please avoid responding if it's going to cause needless disruption. 

A warning has been issued.

Thanks. 

Steve. 

5 hours ago, RuneBrush said:

Hiya and welcome to the forum!

Miniatures vary hugely in sizes.  Most of my Khorne Bloodbound are what I'd class as "heroic infantry sized", so roughly 32mm from foot to head - some have head plumes or horns which make them a bit taller :)  Monster wise @Naflem is right that they're around the 7" mark, though that does vary.  At a guess my Khorgorath is about 3" tall.

When you say you've not got a store nearby do you mean shop store, or physical storage of the models?

Which box set was it you picked up by the way?

Thanks also I didnt pick any set its just the pack with three marines in it

8 hours ago, PowerCreep said:

Thanks also I didnt pick any set its just the pack with three marines in it

Nice!  If it's the Intercessor set, then @Naflem is right in saying these are actually a bit larger than a regular Space Marine.  Early on this year, Games Workshop released a new type of Space Marine called "Primaris Marines", which are basically about 5mm taller than what we'd had before.

3 minutes ago, RuneBrush said:

Nice!  If it's the Intercessor set, then @Naflem is right in saying these are actually a bit larger than a regular Space Marine.  Early on this year, Games Workshop released a new type of Space Marine called "Primaris Marines", which are basically about 5mm taller than what we'd had before.

NO they are those normal ones 

4 minutes ago, RuneBrush said:

Cool - somehow missed them when I glanced through :D  Don't worry about buying direct from GW either, most of us tend to get a few bits direct and the rest from third-parties.

If you know could I get just the generals handbook 2017 and paly seraphon (lizardmen) in matchced play?I heard that their alliagance abilities (whatever that is)

is that book

4 minutes ago, inunn said:

About 200mm, but I think my wings are positioned weirdly so YMMV (I accidentally followed part of the terrorgheist instructions so had to improvise to make the positioning work)

THanks!also what is the size of ghoul if you have it?(from head to base)

Archived