Swifthawk Agents -Post GH2017

NoTurtlesAllowed

14 minutes ago, Siegfried VII said:

I have no pics I'm afraid but I can give a short report I guess...

My opponent was none other than a fellow resident of this forum and good friend of mine Seraphage. :)

A great battle indeed, enjoyed it too much ! While Swifthawk Agents didn't get much love - if any - at GH2, I must say they felt like a really interesting army with all kinds of abilities ! 

Looking forward to our rematch !

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

With the new Firestorm rules, especially with GW's rules change today restricting the abilities to generic Grand Alliance Allegiances, who else is excited for these with Swifthawks? I'm loving the Tempest's Eye. That extra movement plus the bonus save feels like we actually have our own Allegiance Ability

8 minutes ago, TheNotebookGM said:

Not worth the painting requirement for me. Too invested in my own fluff.

The painting requirement has been removed!  Paint to your heart's content!

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2017/10/06/firestorm-matched-play-rules-update/

We’re also lifting the painting restrictions on using these allegiance abilities. You’re now free to use the Firestorm rules for the Great Cities with colour schemes and cities of your own invention, so get creative! Our Free Cities generation tables are a great place to start, and we’ve just published some of our favourite armies from around the office to inspire your own creations.

I got 1000 points battle. High Warden was great, probably going with legendary fighter for him in the next battle. I did love Archmage and his bubble did come handy, however I might go with Loremaster as High Warden's lance can bring on the pain, if it penetrates the armour save.

Part of me is tempted to rush Warden on skycutter project as +1 on wound rolls is delicious when everything is doing work on 4+. Still need to figure out how to solve high armour problem. High Warden is great but he can't be demanded to doing the work for the entire army.

Yeah unfortunately we all kinda saw that coming. One of the many reasons I'll be running mixed Order until they adopt our allegiance abilities from the other thread ;)

On the brightside the Gyrforge Buzzards can field their Aelven and Fyreslayer friends without fear of losing allegiance since the battalion was the only mechanical push to run pure SHA anyhow.

Word around the Gyrforge is that the Amur has traded some of the finest vintages of the local wine for a clutch of Gryphound hatchlings. 

7 hours ago, TheNotebookGM said:

Yeah unfortunately we all kinda saw that coming. One of the many reasons I'll be running mixed Order until they adopt our allegiance abilities from the other thread ;)

On the brightside the Gyrforge Buzzards can field their Aelven and Fyreslayer friends without fear of losing allegiance since the battalion was the only mechanical push to run pure SHA anyhow.

Word around the Gyrforge is that the Amur has traded some of the finest vintages of the local wine for a clutch of Gryphound hatchlings. 

Forget mixed Order, Tempest's Eye is the way forward for Swifthawk players. ;) 

Real shame that the Spire of Dawn set is discontinued.

I really hope that they re-cut the sprues and release the High Warden, Reavers, Swordmasters and Spireguard separately. There is some hope for the Spire Guard which got regular mooks released separately during 8th edition.

That being said, I'd love to see new Swordmaster models that are more dynamic and look like they'd be able to both cut up foes and cut down arrows from the air.

But overall, sucks for Swifthawks to lose their only battalion. Had a feeling this was going to be the case when it's points weren't updated in the GHB2017, and possibly sets a precedent in future that if something existing isn't in the GHB (or compendium), it's not legal anymore.

1 hour ago, TheNotebookGM said:

I think you can still buy the Swordmasters? 

A tiny, sad, little part of my soul hopes that each time an aelf box is discontinued we get a little closer to an Aelf release. 

You can only buy the older metal rank and file models, and they're not as nice as the plastic ones you get in Spire of Dawn (Which you can still get in some regions).

Basically, just a shame, because they're really nice models overall in that set, and I would really like to see them re-cut the sprues and sell them separately. Would be sad to see some of the Swifthawk stuff for example go Compendium again due to no longer being sold.

I think we're all holding out for Aelf releases, but my suspicions are that many of the factions will never get any new model love :(

Archived