STOP WITH THE COMPLAINING AND REMEMBER WHY WE HAVE TGA.

Ben

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 hours ago, Criti said:

In fact, given the low quality of posts coming out since this announcement and the general response lately of the mods to the interesting responses across multiple threads, I have come to the conclusion that this "community" is being pushed toward being nothing more than a "Stepford Wives" style illusion that can be trotted in front of GW so Ben and Co. can show them what a "good job" they're doing "promoting the community."

I wouldn't fault anyone for thinking this was the case as it does appear that way to me sometimes.

I'm new around here, but I don't see everyone walking around with rose-tinted glasses. It's hard to argue that AoS is balanced, but at least they are trying.  Sure the compendium changes suck for some armies, but the old world is gone, and those heroes are dead. I'm under no illusions that if Shadowkin Aelves come out they will completely outclass my Darkling Covens (which I have spent a lot of money on). But that was I risk I knew I was taking.

GW has been very clever with its engagement in the community, but I'd hate to see a clampdown on discussion because people are now worried that their continued involvement means toeing the line. You need balance, especially in the moderation team. Look at Dakka, it's a cesspit. You can't discuss AoS properly, and those that have the backing of the moderator team want to be negative and backslap each other. 

This place is one, if not the only half decent place left. Don't let the free product and cool work in the development team cloud your vision is what I say.

Hi everyone, just thought I'd chime in before the thread dropps off the radar or dies a horrible death.

I actually but the bullet and registered due to this thread. I've been a lurker for a while, and never made an account because it seemed ever second thread fell apart at the end with the same old complaints. I'm really looking for something more substantial than the Facebook groups, and even at its worst, this place must be better than scrolling through endless "which army" or "does this stack" posts.

As for the "everything is awesome" fears, I think it's pretty clear the OP was more to remind people of how useless tons of "Oh great, more Sigmarines" style comments in a new release thread are.

On 31/08/2017 at 4:51 AM, Criti said:

In fact, given the low quality of posts coming out since this announcement and the general response lately of the mods to the interesting responses across multiple threads, I have come to the conclusion that this "community" is being pushed toward being nothing more than a "Stepford Wives" style illusion that can be trotted in front of GW so Ben and Co. can show them what a "good job" they're doing "promoting the community."

I've made the decision to vote with me feet and will be walking away from this board until at least the new year.  I'll force myself to look at least once at that point, but if it's anything like the game "sunshine and lollipops" it's currently being pushed toward, I don't see myself coming back.

Weapons grade horse apples, with a big foil hat to boot.  Don't hurry back.

42 minutes ago, JontyGoesGaming said:

Weapons grade horse apples, with a big foil hat to boot.  Don't hurry back.

I don't think its a bad thing to mod folks who are being jerks to other folks, I've mad reports about that kind of thing recently, but the feel i got from the original post was more about us not being sufficiently deferential to Games Workshop decisions..

10 minutes ago, Naflem said:

I don't think its a bad thing to mod folks who are being jerks to other folks, I've mad reports about that kind of thing recently, but the feel i got from the original post was more about us not being sufficiently deferential to Games Workshop decisions..

That was not at all what I got from Bens posts (plural) in this thread. I got that some people was incapable of following two basic rules of good forum conduct:

1. If you cannot phrase your criticism in a constructive way, don't post it.
2. When you post your criticism, post it once. Not over and over across several threads.

And that Ben wanted to remind people of this.

It seems pretty simple to me. It seems that the place Ben wants here is a place for positivity about our shared hobby, which I wholly applaud. If I wanted to spend my free/hobby time on negativity, I know plenty of other forums where that is the main thing in most threads.

Archived