Starting Orruks

Theduke

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ive been having some serious hobby laziness the last week or so...  I need to find some motivation to keep my project going.  I think next im going to build and paint a few boarboys.  Anyone have any tips that they use to keep you running?

Pinterest I find has some great inspiration. I find the best thing is to have a semi permanent or permanent paint station, and not to force yourself to paint all day or such. Just a couple hours at a set time, keep going but don't burn out.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

man, these guys are really coming together!

the unit of Brutes look fantastic; really cohesive, great job!

my boys are coming along very slowly (if you consider yourself a slow painter...you should see me, yikes!)

Just assembled the Megaboss and am about half-way through the Ardboyz.  Really curious to see how all of these units point out once the General's Handbook is released.

@theduke When you do the Ork skin with Elysian Green and Ogryn Camo, do you use a washat all? Do you base it in Elysian Green, then hit it with a thin layer of Ogryn Camo, then highlight with Ogryn Camo? Yours is the best Ork skin I've ever seen (per my preference). I'd really like a play by play to get me started in the right direction if you'd be so kind as to oblige.

Sent from my Z958 using Tapatalk

Yea no problem, I base the model with Elysian green the apply a wash of athonian camoshade thinned with lahmian medium.  The I reapply Elysian green, then start highlighting by gradually adding ogyrn camo until the last highlight is pure ogryn camo.  The I apply a wash of agrax earthshade thinned with lahmian medium.  Then I pick out the edges and highest areas and apply another highlight with ogryn green.  I then apply druichi violet and reikland fleshshade the the face and other areas.  Hope this helps and if you have any more questions just ask.

Hobby ADD is really kicking in and fighting the urge to start another army.  I keep looking at the ironbreakers and have to keep talking myself out of them.  Might have to take a brief 10 ironbreaker detour... 

Archived