GHB17 - Let´s talk order

Sadysaneto

4 hours ago, GammaMage said:

Looking at some Stormcast ally options for my dark elves. Is a squad of 5 Judicators with bows worth playing, or is that too few shots to make much of an impact?

I would have thought some tough troops or mortal wounds would have been your first choice given how good Dark Shards are. Judicators range is nice, but think how many shards you can get for the same about of points.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I must be playing shards wrong then, because I've never found them to be effective, even with the boost for having 20.

I am thinking of going with a Lord-Veritant and some Liberators as well. Though will probably wait for Shadespire to come out and use the liberator models from there.

17 minutes ago, Centuryslayer said:

Doesn' that mean that for 1250 you use the 1k restrictions and for 1251 you use the 2k ones?

No it means that the 1000 point levels are meant to apply up to 1250 points, and the 2000 point levels are meant to apply to as low as 1750 point games. GW gave us the tools to develop our own levels for games between 1251 and 1749 points. 

5 minutes ago, rokapoke said:

No it means that the 1000 point levels are meant to apply up to 1250 points, and the 2000 point levels are meant to apply to as low as 1750 point games. GW gave us the tools to develop our own levels for games between 1251 and 1749 points. 

I would suggest both apply and you pick the one you want.  Dont want a lot of battle-line? well take 2 but you cant have many hero, want more hero? well you need more battle-line too.

17 hours ago, Requizen said:

Sorry if it was mentioned here, any notes on Seraphon point changes? I heard some stuff went down, and with new Allies stuff I think I'm gonna get some for my Stormcast.

Roughly speaking: Everything got cheaper by 20 points. and/or got a bonus for hordes. Very few exceptions.

Bataillons went up by 50-100 like everyone else's.

For Stormcast I am not sure what could really be useful as an ally because SCE can do most things themselves. Maybe they could get a 40 Skinks group for 200 points and use them as a quick tarpit? But for 200 points you could get some SCE unit as well.

A wizard would be good to have for SCE though, a Starpriest is cheap and SCE become really scary with mystic shield (basically everyone can have a 2+ save then), or you could lower your opponents' hit rolls using Starlight. When fighting demons it even does some mortal wounds so I expect some SCE players to take it.

4 hours ago, Aginor said:

Roughly speaking: Everything got cheaper by 20 points. and/or got a bonus for hordes. Very few exceptions.

Bataillons went up by 50-100 like everyone else's.

For Stormcast I am not sure what could really be useful as an ally because SCE can do most things themselves. Maybe they could get a 40 Skinks group for 200 points and use them as a quick tarpit? But for 200 points you could get some SCE unit as well.

A wizard would be good to have for SCE though, a Starpriest is cheap and SCE become really scary with mystic shield (basically everyone can have a 2+ save then), or you could lower your opponents' hit rolls using Starlight. When fighting demons it even does some mortal wounds so I expect some SCE players to take it.

I was thinking something like Skinks for bodies and/or a Skink Starseer for army rerolls and a Wizard. Bastiladons seem good too - something big and hard to kill that can sit in the middle of the table unsupported and still do work. SC units rely quite a bit on synergy or multiple units of redundancy, being able to chuck a Bastiladon onto a point or something seems decent.

Just now, Knight of Ruin said:

Now that battalions are so expensive, are they still worth it i wonder?

Depends on the battalion. Mostly not, but some armies may still be able to get near one-drops out of it, so maybe.

Now guys tell me why reborn ability of frostfire Phoenix is not fixed in gh2, it cost 240 but we can t reborn if we dont pay 240 more points, they fixed death artifact ( i dont remember the name,artefact that let you with d3 wound when you suffer last wound , with 3+) but phoenix still usless ..sad

14 hours ago, Knight of Ruin said:

Now that battalions are so expensive, are they still worth it i wonder?

It depends on your armybuilding. Some are worth it because of the drop potential, moreso than the actualy abilities it offer. Look at the Daughters of Khaine one - hardly worldbreaking, but if it lets you set up your army in 1-3 drops, it gives you an added degree of board control.

Battalions are still worth it. Just in a new way from what we're used to.

Thrall Warhost was 80pts. I'm pretty sure I'd still pay 180(?) points so my Executioners or Black Guard can get in an extra attack.

I mean, I can buy more Black Guard for battleline, but I already have all these Bleakswords and Darkshards, thorwing them into a battalion seems useful.

Archived