Looking for an easy way to paint ghouls

Hye guys I am currently looking for a good, easy way to paint ghouls, and by extension the entire flesh eaters start collecting box.

If possible wiht as little paint as possible because i am now to wargaming and this isnt going to a competion.

I recently was looking for a similarly easy paint scheme and settled on this:

Spray the fang, wash all over with druchii violet, either wetbrush or paint over all but the recesses with Russ grey, then highlight with fenrisian grey. That's all the skin done and you can do whatever you like on what's left over. Looks reasonably decent and not too unconventional for a ghoul.

I also reshaded and re-final highlighted the extremeties and scars

IMG_20170723_110039.jpg

16 hours ago, BobbyB said:

I recently was looking for a similarly easy paint scheme and settled on this:

Spray the fang, wash all over with druchii violet, either wetbrush or paint over all but the recesses with Russ grey, then highlight with fenrisian grey. That's all the skin done and you can do whatever you like on what's left over. Looks reasonably decent and not too unconventional for a ghoul.

I also reshaded and re-final highlighted the extremeties and scars

IMG_20170723_110039.jpg

If it's not too much, could you send me picture of a ghouls beside your hand?

I dont really know their size and its kind of important

I can get pics later, I have a very easy way:

* Prime black (I've also experimented with zenithal priming)

* Basecoat Rakarth Flesh (if you're super lazy like me, give them basically a very heavy drybrush/wetbrush, you can go really rough with it and likely don't need 2 coats)

* Drybrush very lightly with Pallid Wych Flesh (for best results mix a bit of rakarth flesh in as I find pure Pallid Wych Flesh to be too pale as a highlight to Rakarth)

* Paint bones/cloth strips whatever you want

* Wash model with Army Painter Dark Tone Ink (or Strong Tone Ink, or Seraphim Sepia.. anything really it doesn't matter, they are Ghouls!) I've also experimented using a very watery Vallejo Model Color Smoke to make everything dirty.

* Wash around the face, hands and areas where the bone pierces the skin with Carrorbug Crimson

3 hours ago, wayniac said:

I can get pics later, I have a very easy way:

* Prime black (I've also experimented with zenithal priming)

* Basecoat Rakarth Flesh (if you're super lazy like me, give them basically a very heavy drybrush/wetbrush, you can go really rough with it and likely don't need 2 coats)

* Drybrush very lightly with Pallid Wych Flesh (for best results mix a bit of rakarth flesh in as I find pure Pallid Wych Flesh to be too pale as a highlight to Rakarth)

* Paint bones/cloth strips whatever you want

* Wash model with Army Painter Dark Tone Ink (or Strong Tone Ink, or Seraphim Sepia.. anything really it doesn't matter, they are Ghouls!) I've also experimented using a very watery Vallejo Model Color Smoke to make everything dirty.

* Wash around the face, hands and areas where the bone pierces the skin with Carrorbug Crimson

What army do you play?

I do Nurgling Green followed by Athonian Camoshade.  Then pick out hair in Steel Legion Drab, bones & teeth in Bleached Bone.  Then wash with Agrax Earthshade.  Go back and highlight the bones again with Bleached Bone.  Last, Baal Red on the grisly scars and whatnot.  Lots of washes make things easy! (All I have is a picture of a Crypt Horror, but it looks the same on Ghouls).

DSC04105.JPG.5ac7c891ec820fd51d5eeb9be4e81845.JPG

Archived