Etc 2017

41 minutes ago, karch said:

BTW the organisers of the ETC (the big one in Spain) asked around to make an AoS singles event but they couldn't find enough people for it.

A shame.

I didn't see anything on the ETC forums on warhammer.org.uk so don't think this was at all advertised. Since this thread has some traction I may as well state that a few of us are in advanced negotiations to stage an AoS team event in London (A large Gatwick hotel) in March of next year (unconnected to ETC but probably familiar, I guess, to ETC players). Whilst we finalise both pack and details people can PM me or comment here for more details.

Cheers

Marc

6 hours ago, Marc Wilson said:

I didn't see anything on the ETC forums on warhammer.org.uk so don't think this was at all advertised. Since this thread has some traction I may as well state that a few of us are in advanced negotiations to stage an AoS team event in London (A large Gatwick hotel) in March of next year (unconnected to ETC but probably familiar, I guess, to ETC players). Whilst we finalise both pack and details people can PM me or comment here for more details.

Cheers

Marc

It didn't get to the public stage. The organization asked the groups closer to them (like ours) if they were willing and able to supply the terrain pieces and advertise the tournament since all their fantasy terrain was going to the official 9th and KoW tournaments. Same deal as with the exhibition saga, art de la guerre, etc tournaments.

No one stepped up, so it stopped at that point.

Hi!

I'm a Spanish player, from Benidorm I started to play to this arround 20 years ago.

The Spanish warhammer community disbanded to 9 AGE and other games, and the etc managers excuded AOS from all. The 9 Age players try constantly convince to the new players to dont play AOS.

I liked aos since min 1 and more when scgt throw his point sistem, but when I defended the game the entire community of 9 Age was vs me and I have really hard and a TONS of pacience to just convince some ppl to play it. It was really hard and the task taked a lot of hours, posts and time of my life to see grow the game.

Now we have a 70 player community in warhammeraquí forum and two whatsapp groups from Comunitat Valenciana and I've organitzed a tournament (Named Bood and Beach jeje) we was only 12 ppl, but now in september-october I want made the second edition and I spect 25-30 ppl.

Now is growing a play group on my zone, im helping a lot of ppl to build his armies and teach him to play, to paint, etc. Because we havent a single shop on the zone.

I say this because I want to teach you the situation on my country in general.

The bad situation of AOS here is in big part because 9 Age players convince all players, the new ones and old ones, about dont play AOS because is a ****** and a simple game and this players, withouth have any idea start to hate AOS, his weapon is the bullying.

They hate AOS and if ETC support any tournament of AOS in Spain is because his project (9 Age) is failing.

I cant belive about this ppl trying organitze AOS tournament... But if they did, they announced in his forum. In this case the problem was simple. The litle AOS community dont see the ETC forum, because we dont spect any interest to AOS from this guys, and they know it perfectly.

If they really want try it, they only need go to warhammeraquí forum and announce it.

Isn't only about spain.. In Italy is the same if not even worse. Se had some good forums around, and in this forum at least once a week there is some whining about AOS. Many players shifted to 9th age and trashtalk to new entries about age of sigmar. They even tried to convince me, since i started the hobby recently after a really long pause. Unfortunately for them i decided to give  it a shot and i am so glad about that. I already brought 2 of my friends into aos and we  really enjoy the game.

The thing i don't really like is the fact that 9th age player don't respect aos players. I mean, u play 9th age? Good for you, hope u have fun. U play aos? OMG u ****** ****** stupid game, too simple blablabla. I really nate this but u know what?

The fact that they have so much rage inside is simply because they are frustrated. And this community that i love is all but frustrated. Many things have to be changed yet to make aos a balanced game, but we are slowly getting there! And 9th age player hate that so much ;)

Anyway bro i support you cause in Italy is the same, but after all i think we will emerge victorious ;)

7 hours ago, shadowgra said:

Anyway bro i support you cause in Italy is the same, but after all i think we will emerge victorious ;)

Same here!

I support you too! 

Nah dont worry we are going to grow and eventually, in a year or two we are going to have a good AOS community and i'm going to help to do it :).

I feel bad for you in Italy too... So much hate, but I dont care, restart de mentality of a comunity maibye was good to changue the mind of the players :)

On 15/7/2017 at 3:35 AM, Iradekhorne said:

If they really want try it, they only need go to warhammeraquí forum and announce it.

Warhammeraqui has been dead for years, it's nice to hear it's getting some AoS love.

In any case the orgas reached out to the groups closer to them (us, another small group in Leon and IIRC some in Madrid), since whoever wanted to run the event had to supply the scenery and possibly tables as well because their resources and sponsorships were tied with the main events. None of us had the resources (or, frankly, the intention) to make a small event wedged between other much larger events.

I disagree with your observations between AoS/9th relationship, but that's a discussion for another forum, not here.

The fact of having to carry to an event of almost national character our own scenery and TABLES!! comone... While other sistems has everything well mounted... It is a mirror of the attitude that you have towards AOS. You cant say about ETC supporting aos, it is a lack of respect (one time more).

Abount the relationship, I don't see that we even mentioned 9 AGE was in our whatsapp group, and when we did it was about someone saw a situation on hate. however if I read constant mockery in the ones I know there are people in those groups, who send me screenshots.

We are an age now to know what happens. Do you really think you can say that ETC supports AOS if it is even possible for us to bring the game tables? What kind of support is that?

But don't worry about that, the AOS community is getting ahead anyway.

On 15/7/2017 at 3:35 AM, Iradekhorne said:

Hi!

I'm a Spanish player, from Benidorm I started to play to this arround 20 years ago.

The Spanish warhammer community disbanded to 9 AGE and other games, and the etc managers excuded AOS from all. The 9 Age players try constantly convince to the new players to dont play AOS.

I liked aos since min 1 and more when scgt throw his point sistem, but when I defended the game the entire community of 9 Age was vs me and I have really hard and a TONS of pacience to just convince some ppl to play it. It was really hard and the task taked a lot of hours, posts and time of my life to see grow the game.

Now we have a 70 player community in warhammeraquí forum and two whatsapp groups from Comunitat Valenciana and I've organitzed a tournament (Named Bood and Beach jeje) we was only 12 ppl, but now in september-october I want made the second edition and I spect 25-30 ppl.

Now is growing a play group on my zone, im helping a lot of ppl to build his armies and teach him to play, to paint, etc. Because we havent a single shop on the zone.

I say this because I want to teach you the situation on my country in general.

The bad situation of AOS here is in big part because 9 Age players convince all players, the new ones and old ones, about dont play AOS because is a ****** and a simple game and this players, withouth have any idea start to hate AOS, his weapon is the bullying.

They hate AOS and if ETC support any tournament of AOS in Spain is because his project (9 Age) is failing.

I cant belive about this ppl trying organitze AOS tournament... But if they did, they announced in his forum. In this case the problem was simple. The litle AOS community dont see the ETC forum, because we dont spect any interest to AOS from this guys, and they know it perfectly.

Oh yeah, remember the goblin trader guys from barcelona... yikes. 

Also, someone do a frigging (proper) tournament here north in Barcelona!!!!1! REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

EDIT: Anyways, IMO this is just a bit the seeds of a bad start. If you ask me this will all be solved within two, maybe three years top. Meanwhile, we must endure like only the faithful (and the Ironjawz, but deiz's dem bestest and strongest after all!) can!

1 hour ago, KillagoreFaceslasha said:

Oh yeah, remember the goblin trader guys from barcelona... yikes. 

Also, someone do a frigging (proper) tournament here north in Barcelona!!!!1! REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

EDIT: Anyways, IMO this is just a bit the seeds of a bad start. If you ask me this will all be solved within two, maybe three years top. Meanwhile, we must endure like only the faithful (and the Ironjawz, but deiz's dem bestest and strongest after all!) can!

Yeaaaaa my corruption is deep, dont worry, and I'm extending the corruption more and more B|

And i'm not alone!! 

We are unstoppable, we only need time muahahaha!!!

I do not think it is hate. It is just a matter of strategy point of view. Call it flavour, call it epicness .Because let's be real: AoS does not have a lot to offer if you are coming from WH fantasy from the point of view of rules if you are a tournament player coming from 8th.

I play both systems, 9th and AoS. I play 9th because there is no battletome for Dark Elves and Chaos Dwarfs ( not those free PDF) and AoS with Skaven Pestilens because I like the crazy combos you can have with Nurgle and Forgeworld.

Regarding the ETC , I don't see any problems if they requested you need to take care of the scenery and tables. The ETC organisation started this about a year ago. You had enough time to go and be part of it and their sponsors.

3 hours ago, Rubencm81 said:

I do not think it is hate. It is just a matter of strategy point of view. Call it flavour, call it epicness .Because let's be real: AoS does not have a lot to offer if you are coming from WH fantasy from the point of view of rules if you are a tournament player coming from 8th.

Sorry bro, but I played to warhammer fantasy 18 years, and Age of sigmar have tons of strategy too and much more combos, and MUCH more epiciness. I can say one thing, AOS is better game, faster, deeper in rules (because the warscrolls and the tons of combos) and much more funny.

How many time you played to fántasy/9Age? Because when fántasy ends o was BORED of the game and lore

My point of view is other, if I have 15 Skaven enginiers (in 7 edition) then I can redirect that units and my units of clanrats are inmortal.

My 2 empire or dwarf cannons for 120 points each kill ALL monsters of the game very easy.

If I am dwarf I can make a gunline and strech my turns to dont let you play more than 3 turns.

If I fight against lizardmen with a slaan, I eat the entire 6 spells of.the life plus others, then if you dont have death lore you simply cant kill him, you dont remember the salamanders with r8?

And lot of more ****** situations, then sorry bro for me the old game had its time, but ended uo opsolete because the community dont play to it.

And pls dont say about epiciness when I finished a lot of games depending of 1 heroe killing 3 units on a control point and both players have the same points, or two heroes killing himself and the rest of thearmyes was death....

I remeber fántasy, the 90% of time one op army of the moment stomp the other.

I i did a lot of list for a friend to play etc and 8, and I won a year the paterna tournament with him (about 200 ppl) with my lists.

Surround you with 9 Age players introduce on your head this ideas, when isn't true.

You need ignore this trashtalk and see the things with perspective.

And another think, a lot of trashtalk about AOS but what is the lore of 9 Age?

Anyway this post isn't about the games, is about ETC and the support of ETC to aos is a mirror of the situation. But in a few years the roles is going to changue, dont worry.

22 hours ago, Iradekhorne said:

The fact of having to carry to an event of almost national character our own scenery and TABLES!! comone... While other sistems has everything well mounted... It is a mirror of the attitude that you have towards AOS. You cant say about ETC supporting aos, it is a lack of respect (one time more).

The ETC orgas offered the same deal as for SAGA, Art de la guerre, Bolt action, Armada and a few other games (who btw took it, even if they had to bring their tables). The ETC is 3 official systems (9th age, 40k and flames of war) plus two almost official systems: Kings of War and X-Wing. Those are the guys that pay for the whole thing, everything else is just bolted on top of the big event. That's over a thousand people enough to fill the hands of just a few guys doing it for love of the hobby.

It is a private event much like Freak wars or Hispania, ask them why don't they have an AoS event either. At least these guys asked.

Again, I don't think your tone or even the topic fit the TGA spirit. Dial it down a bit bro.

On 7/14/2017 at 10:01 AM, karch said:

BTW the organisers of the ETC (the big one in Spain) asked around to make an AoS singles event but they couldn't find enough people for it.

A shame.

I'm glad, personally. ETC was a major factor in warping my local community and driving ppl into savage cutthroat play styles in Warhammer.  Maybe the lack of interest in ETC by AoS players is a sign that this kind of mindset is less prevalent now. 

1 hour ago, Sleboda said:

I'm glad, personally. ETC was a major factor in warping my local community and driving ppl into savage cutthroat play styles in Warhammer.  Maybe the lack of interest in ETC by AoS players is a sign that this kind of mindset is less prevalent now. 

It definitely hurt our area as people only wanted to play a high point values and drove newer players away because of the money factor into building a large army ( and this was in the middle of America!).

It would be interesting to see if aos players show up for the other game systems they offered or skip it entirely.

17 hours ago, Iradekhorne said:

Sorry bro, but I played to warhammer fantasy 18 years, and Age of sigmar have tons of strategy too and much more combos, and MUCH more epiciness. I can say one thing, AOS is better game, faster, deeper in rules (because the warscrolls and the tons of combos) and much more funny.

I played fantasy since I was 15. I am 36 now. It is not a matter who has the longest. It is your opinion, I have mine.  Faster? playing at 2000 takes almost 2 hours and half-3 hours and if add deployment. I played 3000 points fantasy tournaments in 2 hours-2.30. Deeper? Well, thats your opinion. My 6 years old daughter played yesterday AoS with Ogres and beated a 25 years old guy playing Vampire counts. His face was not funny.

How many time you played to fántasy/9Age? Because when fántasy ends o was BORED of the game and lore

My point of view is other, if I have 15 Skaven enginiers (in 7 edition) then I can redirect that units and my units of clanrats are inmortal.

15 skaven engineers? I have 7 units of dark riders. You have 1 turn.

Bored of the game? Bored was my friend when 15 witches got engaged and did 90 atttacks, with re-rolls and for every 6 was a mortal wound.

My 2 empire or dwarf cannons for 120 points each kill ALL monsters of the game very easy.

If I am dwarf I can make a gunline and strech my turns to dont let you play more than 3 turns.

March+Purple Sun+Khaeleth pendant. GG. I finished games in turn 2.

If I fight against lizardmen with a slaan, I eat the entire 6 spells of.the life plus others, then if you dont have death lore you simply cant kill him, you dont remember the salamanders with r8?

And lot of more ****** situations, then sorry bro for me the old game had its time, but ended uo opsolete because the community dont play to it.

And pls dont say about epiciness when I finished a lot of games depending of 1 heroe killing 3 units on a control point and both players have the same points, or two heroes killing himself and the rest of thearmyes was death....

It is not my problem you did not  know how to deal with those heroes or list. Maybe you should have played more. I know people playing the same list again and again, and again , refusing to change anything and stomping against a wall again and again, and again... Chaos Lord 3++ rellolable ? Dark elf prince with Black amulet. GG

I remeber fántasy, the 90% of time one op army of the moment stomp the other.

I i did a lot of list for a friend to play etc and 8, and I won a year the paterna tournament with him (about 200 ppl) with my lists.

Surround you with 9 Age players introduce on your head this ideas, when isn't true.

I have won several tournaments during my life...and? PAterna? If it was on 2010, only 12 people attended, 1500 points. If it was on 2012, it was a couples tournament and limited to 30-40 couples.  Anyway: This is not a mater who has the longest.

You need ignore this trashtalk and see the things with perspective.

And another think, a lot of trashtalk about AOS but what is the lore of 9 Age?

Anyway this post isn't about the games, is about ETC and the support of ETC to aos is a mirror of the situation. But in a few years the roles is going to changue, dont worry.

You are becoming an Aos extremist, the same as the ones you are condemning. I will hear and play whatever I like. I play both systems and I like both. One is for competitive play and the other is for fun. The hope roles will change in a fews year is always the main argument AoS extremist players flag. However I cannot see big AoS tournaments but I see 9th Age tournaments: singles and team events. The biggest AoS tournament  I was only assisted 10 people. And I am talking about a big region like Andalucia.

Regarding the ETC and its support, I insist: If you approached the orga beforehand and with time, maybe you had more support.

1 hour ago, Rubencm81 said:

I played fantasy since I was 15. I am 36 now. It is not a matter who has the longest. It is your opinion, I have mine.  Faster? playing at 2000 takes almost 2 hours and half-3 hours and if add deployment. I played 3000 points fantasy tournaments in 2 hours-2.30. Deeper? Well, thats your opinion. My 6 years old daughter played yesterday AoS with Ogres and beated a 25 years old guy playing Vampire counts. His face was not funny.

Really, please stop. Both of you. Though specially you, that first paragraph makes it seem there's something more than actual rules evaluation at hand in your statement (plus other things). Anyways. Fantasy DID take more than AoS on average.

4 minutes ago, KillagoreFaceslasha said:

Really, please stop. Both of you. Though specially you, that first paragraph makes it seem there's something more than actual rules evaluation at hand in your statement (plus other things). Anyways. Fantasy DID take more than AoS on average.

I am not the guy who does not know how to debate in a forum without being offended or, at least, traumatized by past warhammer editions.

I commute with the forums rules and my post did not break any of them. I will not post anymore regarding Iradekorne's post.

Going back to the ETC, I think AoS will become part of the main event next year. There already AoS team tournaments and it is a matter of time it develops around other countries.

Archived