Wrathmongers VS Stardrake.

Thor

Question

Hello Fellas, i was hoping you would help me clear up an issue that came up in last nights game,

We were playing a game of Triumph and Treachery, I was playing Stormcast and my opponent was playing Khone.

I Brought a Lord Celestant on stardrake and i started Crushing his stuff, anyhow The Stardrake used his

Cavernous Jaws: After this model piles in, but before it attacks, pick an enemy model within 3" and roll a dice. If the result is greater than that model’s Wounds characteristic, it is swallowed whole and slain. You can do this as many times as shown on the damage table above.

on a Unit of Wrathmonger and ate 2 of them.

My question is, What abilities is he entitled to use from the stardrake.? 

Is he entitled to use both Cavernous jaws and Sweeping tail? or Neither,? 

Sweeping Tail: After this model has made all of its attacks in the combat phase, roll a dice for each enemy unit within 3". If the result is less than the number of models in the unit, it suffers D3 mortal wounds. 

valid aswell? 

I couldent be bothered to argue it out at the time but iam interested in your opnion. 

4 answers to this question

My own interpretation would be:

No to Cavernous Jaws.  That triggers after pile in, which doesn't happen as part of the retaliation attack.

The Wrathmonger ability states to treat the enemy model as if it's part of your own army, so Sweeping Tail would trigger as all attacks have been made and it's the combat phase, but it would affect Stormcast units rather than Khorne.

Archived